• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

PBY

Banned
So I preordered 2k14 from amazon, and I just got an email saying Im gonna get it a week after launch.

Anyone else get this issue?

Birathen

Is there anything negative with having the console standing up? I've never tried that but I feel ready to try now. Does it come with a stand?

That headset should be in every PS4 box instead of the cheap earbud...

Where did you get it?

No, I wouldn't want that. It's pretty much the same thing as the earbud you get with the console, but costs more and has to go on your head. You can use the earbud + a pair of headphones, so I'll be using my Sennheisers and the earbud under them. Hate those poverty one earphone head sets.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So I preordered 2k14 from amazon, and I just got an email saying Im gonna get it a week after launch.

Anyone else get this issue?

I preordered it yesterday when the promotional codes were sent out and haven't gotten an email yet.

Bad news GAF... I am going to be taking my son to ride a Christmas Train on launch day. I will not be able to play until Sunday night. The things parents do for their kids...

Caleb187

Any word on how well the ps4 will act as a media extender? I currently use my ps3 mainly to stream movies from my computer using ps3 media server. If ps4 has native support that would be great, but as long as I can stream to it with a third party server I'm fine with that too.

viveks86

Any word on how well the ps4 will act as a media extender? I currently use my ps3 mainly to stream movies from my computer using ps3 media server. If ps4 has native support that would be great, but as long as I can stream to it with a third party server I'm fine with that too.

At launch, you get nothing. You might want to wait till it support DLNA, which I think would be soon. Until then, hold on to your PS3! :)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I can't guarantee I'll have the money in my account by Wednesday so I think I really do have to cancel my Amazon launch edition : (

The best bet would be to try my luck at a BB on launch night. I never wanted to have to do that again :p

dreamfall

Going early into Target tomorrow in hopes of scoring some goodness.

Got Knack, KZ & NBA 2K14.

Round 2 involves ACIV, NFS Rivals and maybe Fifa?

Oh, the launch hype!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I can't guarantee I'll have the money in my account by Wednesday so I think I really do have to cancel my Amazon launch edition : (

The best bet would be to try my luck at a BB on launch night. I never wanted to have to do that again :p
no credit card?

rocketfish is with Bestbuy.

Best Buy. Future Shop has them in Canada too apparently.

It says they are not in stock online. Call your local store though. I did and they did, in fact, have them.

Alright. I live in the Netherlands, we have no Best Buy and Future Shop over here.
I hope that I can buy that headset on November 29th, if not then I will have to import it.

No, I wouldn't want that. It's pretty much the same thing as the earbud you get with the console, but costs more and has to go on your head. You can use the earbud + a pair of headphones, so I'll be using my Sennheisers and the earbud under them. Hate those poverty one earphone head sets.

I understand why you prefer a earbud because your're a headphone user. I also have a very good Sennheiser, the HD 558, but I usually game in 5.1 surround so I prefer the on-ear headset.

The headset you get with XBO also looks much better than the PS4 earbud. Ah well, you can't have everything for 399.

ohNOitsRO

Guys... It's almost time.. I'm so excited...

keep-calm-we-re-almost-there.png

Top Bottom