• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

jyoung188

Just got AC4 shipping confirmation from gamefly! Hopefully they ship BF4 soon too since that's the only other game on my list.

I already got killzone from GameStop and I took Friday and all of next week off of work for a paid, stay at home, ps4 vacation haha.

I got my ps4 coming launch day from amazon and I'm going with my buddy to get his ps4 preorder at midnight at GameStop Thursday night. This week can't go by fast enough! I'm hyped!

C.Redfield

Neo Member
greatness awaits!

970578banderasps4.jpg

I love videogames.

And for the first time in years, I feel like a kid again.

My PS4 arrives Friday along with Knack, Madden 25 and Need for Speed Rivals. I also get Resogun and Contrast from PS+. All told it's a good launch day haul made possible by more than a year of stockpiling Amazon gift cards. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I'm counting down the days and refreshing GAF every couple of minutes with hopes of seeing new videos or reading reviews.

This is my first console bought at launch since the original PlayStation in 1995 and my first Sony console, for all intents and purposes, since. I have been a Microsoft and Nintendo customer for more than a decade and had been forced to wait to pick up an XBOX, XBOX 360 OR Wii for various reasons.

Being there Day One is great.

GQman2121

Banned
I love videogames.

And for the first time in years, I feel like a kid again.

My PS4 arrives Friday along with Knack, Madden 25 and Need for Speed Rivals. I also get Resogun and Contrast from PS+. All told it's a good launch day haul made possible by more than a year of stockpiling Amazon gift cards. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I'm counting down the days and refreshing GAF every couple of minutes with hopes of seeing new videos or reading reviews.

This is my first console bought at launch since the original PlayStation in 1995 and my first Sony console, for all intents and purposes, since. I have been a Microsoft and Nintendo customer for more than a decade and had been forced to wait to pick up an XBOX, XBOX 360 OR Wii for various reasons.

Being there Day One is great.

Cool story bro. It is exciting. :)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Today, I turned 39 years old. I've been gaming since the Atari 2600, but I, too, feel like a kid again. The hype is rising through the roof! I preordered within 5 minutes of the PS4 becoming available for Amazon, so it'll be here Friday. FRIDAY!! I'm so excited!

I also have CoD and an extra controller already at home, plus KZ, ACIV, Knack, and NFS:Rivals all coming my way. Plus all the free PSN+ games.... This weekend is going to be BLISSSSSS.

Yeah I'm not really looking forward to populating my friends list with the controller, not even a chatpad. Sony's on-screen keyboard input has always been terrible.

The PS4 has gyro typing for text input so you can just point at a letter instead of having to tab through every letter in between. In fact, that is what yosp was using at that event with him in the chair navigating the UI.

dualshock4text.gif

few questions about PSN

1) The console comes with a free trial right?
2) This free trial will allow me access to the free ps4 indie games(resogun, contrast) right?
3) Do I also get access to the ps3 instant game library with trail?

Jobbs

Banned
Do you guys think the PS4 will be difficult to find in stores for the rest of the year (and therefore have high ebay value)?

I have no plans to scalp mine, I'm just really curious about this.

The PS4 has gyro typing for text input so you can just point at a letter instead of having to tab through every letter in between. In fact, that is what yosp was using at that event with him in the chair navigating the UI.

dualshock4text.gif

Do we know if the touchpad will be used for text input as well? (please say yes!)

CozMick

Banned
few questions about PSN

2) This free trial will allow me access to the free ps4 indie games(resogun, contrast) right?

First 2 are a definite yes, number 3 I have no idea sorry.

DieH@rd

Banned
few questions about PSN

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. [ps4/ps3/vita free games]

Crisco

Banned
At the risk of being a turd in the punch bowl, has there been anymore word on DLNA support or any sort of streaming/playing of local content?

I'm also more excited about this than I thought I would be. Between the pre-order bundle with KZ, PS+/free games, and the Amazon B1G1, there is going to be a fair amount of content to check out on day one.

Amir0x

Banned
At the risk of being a turd in the punch bowl, has there been anymore word on DLNA support or any sort of streaming/playing of local content?

Yes, there's been word. The word is: No DLNA support or mp3 support at launch. We have no official word on if it's coming, although a few insiders have said it is

netguy503

If anyone is looking to double their PS4 storage right out of the gate and wants a Hybrid Solid State Hard Drive, I just got this deal in my e-mail from NewEgg this morning.

Seagate ST1000LM014 1TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ 2.5" Laptop Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive -Bare Drive

$119 - 15% off using the code EMCYTZT4822 = $101.99 w/ FREE shipping or + $2.99 if you want it within 3 Business days (should be there by the 15th).

Is this a good option for a drive? How is the speed?

If anyone is looking to double their PS4 storage right out of the gate and wants a Hybrid Solid State Hard Drive, I just got this deal in my e-mail from NewEgg this morning.

Seagate ST1000LM014 1TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ 2.5" Laptop Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive -Bare Drive

$119 - 15% off using the code EMCYTZT4822 = $101.99 w/ FREE shipping or + $2.99 if you want it within 3 Business days (should be there by the 15th).
This is tempting, is there any reason it wouldn't work?

kaskade

This week is going to be so awesome. It's going to be impressions and info all week followed by the actual fucking console coming on Friday.

It's finally starting to feel real. As much as I want the console I'm going to enjoy this hype. Feels good.

kmg90

Damnnnn! I was gonna get this on PC but now I'm changing my mind. It effectively gets 4x supersampling AA going from PS4 to VITA. That's insane.

You can tell from that screenshot!? is their a higher res version cause I don't see how you could determine that at the res of the picture I'm looking at

Top Bottom