• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

wizzbang

Banned
The PS4 has gyro typing for text input so you can just point at a letter instead of having to tab through every letter in between. In fact, that is what yosp was using at that event with him in the chair navigating the UI.

dualshock4text.gif

Now add swype.

Tried out the PS4 at best buy this morning. Demo software is very buggy or slow or the unit was not working properly. Every time I quit a demo it'd take 5 minutes to get back to the coverflow menu.

Played FIFA and Knack. FIFA is FIFA. I wouldn't pay for it if you have it on PS3/Xbox. It is seriously the same damn game. I know everyone knows this already but was good to see it myself. EA are pathetic.

Knack was pretty cool. At first it looked horrible but then I stepped back a few feet and I thought it looked really good. Standing so close with these demo units really won't blow you away with the graphics but unfortunately because of the controller tether you can't really get a good idea while playing so close. So put the controller down and step back a few feet and you'll get a better view.

Knack did feel a bit sterile with the world environment but I'm hoping that's just the demo. I played on normal and it seemed very easy.

PS4 controller felt good. Took a bit of getting used to as it doest feel different than the Dualshock 3.

Also a woman and her daughter were behind me and asked which system to buy for their son and I said well it depends on the person but I'd go PS4 since it seems to be the general consensus. I said good luck getting one though if they didn't pre-order. Suggested maybe looking into the PS3 as well.

-PXG-

acclGqL.jpg

Just need one more thing to make everything complete.

Oh, word is my store is getting approx. 120 (3 per box) tomorrow morning. There are about 100 pre orders. So only 20 available for walk ins.

The PS4 has gyro typing for text input so you can just point at a letter instead of having to tab through every letter in between. In fact, that is what yosp was using at that event with him in the chair navigating the UI.

dualshock4text.gif
I think it's just that the guy's hands are shaking because a girl messaged him.

LTWood12

COD got a lot of backlash

guessing the game will sell more on current then next (will still sell a lot though... likely more in the UK)

Ghosts PS4 is currently ahead of Ghosts 360 (though obviously it will sell alot more on 360). I would not have guessed that a week after launch.

Cudder

Anyone know if it shows what movie you are watching on your friends list when watching a blu ray? Always thought that would be a cool feature on the ps3.

Krakn3Dfx

Anyone know if it shows what movie you are watching on your friends list when watching a blu ray? Always thought that would be a cool feature on the ps3.

I don't need people knowing I watch Pretty Woman once a week as part of my self-organized religion.

Lakitu

st5fu
The PS2 makes me feel nostalgic. I remember the unveiling for that, I brought the magazine to school to show all my mates.

acclGqL.jpg

Just need one more thing to make everything complete.

Oh, word is my store is getting approx. 120 (3 per box) tomorrow morning. There are about 100 pre orders. So only 20 available for walk ins.

That headset should be in every PS4 box instead of the cheap earbud...

Where did you get it?

Basch

I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up my preorder this Friday. It's the games I'm undecided on. Thinking of Knack and ACIV. Anything else might be worth it for a singleplayer only gamer? Killzone?

When are reviews going up?

a916

I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up my preorder this Friday. It's the games I'm undecided on. Thinking of Knack and ACIV. Anything else might be worth it for a singleplayer only gamer? Killzone?

When are reviews going up?

Wednesday 6AM PST, 9AM EST. At least on IGN they are...

Petrie

Banned
Decided to keep a PS4 since Amazon offered me a free game which combined with PS+ makes it financially viable. I figure Battlefield and Redbox along with the free game library and F2P titles will keep me plenty entertained.

So excited for next-gen. Let's go!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Holy balls.

12 of the amazon top 20 in video games are currently PS4 (11 games and Dualshock 4)

Top Bottom