• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells through 6.2 million units worldwide during the 2016 holiday season

Some people may DOOM by saying even with Pro PS4 is only up by a small amount compared to last year, but i say they probably could have done similar numbers holiday season even without Pro.

I think not having Pro would've allowed a 3rd party bundle which easily would've done similar if not higher numbers.

Are they counting Uncharted 4s sold with the PS4s(Like Nintendo always does with Mario Kart)?
Or actual copies sold at retailers?

Isnt Statham a grown man with kids? Like ...

tumblr_inline_oc412aZ6NB1qfb043_500.gif

I believe Detroit, Hot Shots Golf 7, Knack 2, and Dreams have had 2017 dates listed at some point. Oh and Lost Legacy, but I guess we don't know how big that'll be.

I'd love for RDR2 to make 2017, but yeah I've got some doubts as well.
I think shuhei said that detroit and dreams being announced for 2017 in the sizzle reel video was a mistake(along with a few other things in that video)

labaronx

With the releases lined up between now and 2019 and likely price cuts the ps4 could hit impulse buyer levels by end 0f year and for some big releases like god of war and spiderman

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
So, maybe over 100 million is possible?

Sony stays killing it with home consoles....damn.

Fat4all

Banned
I think the biggest draw for me has been the variety.

While there aren't a whole lot on my top 10 list, the large swath of Japanese games that make their way over is fantastic. In 2017 alone there are potentially three Yakuza games coming (unless 6 gets pushed), which has me all sorts of excited.

While there aren't a whole lot on my top 10 list, the large swath of Japanese games that make their way over is fantastic. In 2017 alone there are potentially three Yakuza games coming (unless 6 gets pushed), which has me all sorts of excited.

Yakuza 6 was confirmed for an Early 2018 release.

sirronoh

That bait and subsequent tweet is sad and embarrassing.

Anyway, impressive numbers from Sony. At the beginning of this decade we heard a lot about the end of consoles and how mobile was going to completely take over. Mobile gaming did go on to create a massive market but it turns out there are still tens of millions of people who want the variety of gaming experiences that consoles offer. 2017 is going to be amazing.

Very well deserved. I own all three consoles, and I think the PS4 has the best UI among other things––it's just so much more snappy than my Xbox One S (which I've grown to despise).

Playstation is bigger worldwide than Xbox by a large margin.

Sony taking back or at least having a slight lead in US was really important.

Memento

4th year now, look like growth reach peak.
Slim is out pro is out, can't see how they top 2016. $199?

The right combo could do it: Holiday season at $199, Destiny 2 bundle, RDR2 bundle and Battlefront 2 bundle. God of war in the holiday would cement it.

Fat4all

Banned
The right combo could do it: Holiday season at $199, Destiny 2 bundle, RDR2 bundle and Battlefront 2 bundle. God of war in the holiday would cement it.

I'm thinking holidays next year: Slim $199 bundled with game (Mid-Late released game bundle, CoD Bundle), Pro $299-349 (If $349, then bundled with game).

Maybe a slight drop on PSVR as well.

It is the big draw for me as well.

Consider they show they had at E3 2016 and then 6 months later at PSX 2016 and how wildly different the content was between the two. 6 months from now they have another E3 and I would bet there is little crossover with the great show they had at PSX.

The sheer content and the differences among it is highly appealing to me.

wapplew

In vacuum maybe, next holiday they will face heavy competition from Nintendo and MS.
Hard to pull off another YoY up.

Top Bottom