• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Viral: Hadouken Cabs

kazebyaka

Banned
youwinp6cn1.gif

youwin2n3cc1.gif

Skeff

I'm really hoping for SFV but I have a bad feeling this is just a compilation release. The copyright says 1987-2013, is it normal to include the copyright date range from 1987 if it were just an Ultra port?

I think so, the characters are still refined from those original copyrights, it's the same in a lot of games.

I would be all-in for Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4. Even if it had absolutely no differences other than the PS4's record functionality.

I do wonder how a free-to-play model would benefit the game. I like the idea of Killer Instinct's cycling free character and the potentially far larger userbase it might create (though I guess that's less likely during a new console's early days) but then again I don't want to pay over the odds for the full product just because it's been split up into parts.

Anyway. I bet this is absolutely nothing at all. I'm am ready to be heartbroken.

stryke

Hmmm, Sony is already funding a port for Injustice. Don't see much reason to fund two ports in the fighting genre.

kitsuneyo

The car's reg is PS1994.

PlayStation didn't come out til 1995, right? Which SF game came out in 1994? Alpha? Super SF2 Turbo?

Edit - Super SF 2 Turbo came out '94. Alpha not til '95.

I would be all-in for Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4. Even if it had absolutely no differences other than the PS4's record functionality.

I forgot about the streaming part. Well if it's a USF4 port then I welcome everybody to watch my rage sessions. I always lose it when I play, which is why I try not to play too often.

dungtongue

Neo Member
This is the audio when you talk to the operator on http://www.hadoukencabs.com/

"Thanks for calling Hadouken Cabs, the number 1 kick ass mini cab service. Unfortunately all our drivers are as tied up as Dhalsim right now. So please hold for a Hadouken Cabs operator. (music). Thank you for continuing to hold. Unfortunately, all our drivers now seem to be engaged in one on one close quarter combat. Please continue to hold for an operator who will be with you.... (crash). What the... What is that? I AM THE RED CYCLONE. Who? Zangief? Come at me with all you got. Oh here we go. Excuse me for one second. (fight sounds). KO. You win. Right... As I was saying... Due to an unprecedented high volume of street fights we cannot take your call right now. Thanks for calling. Hadouken Cabs."

Tiberius

The car's reg is PS1994.

PlayStation didn't come out til 1995, right? Which SF game came out in 1994? Alpha? Super SF2 Turbo?

Edit - Super SF 2 Turbo came out '94. Alpha not til '95.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo's world debut in arcades was on March 23, 1994[1]. It was released on the Panasonic 3DO in the same year[2].
Super Street Fighter II was released on June 25, 1994 for the Super Nintendo[3]and the Sega Genesis[4].
Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie was released to cinemas in Japan on August 6, 1994[5].
Street Fighter, the live-action movie, had its world cinematic debut on December 23, 1994[6].

Sanctuary

Unless Capcom was just trolling as usual, they've already said more than once (and recently) that they currently have no plans or funds for SFV yet. It would be rather odd for them to debut it not even two months after such a statement and before the launch of Ultra.

Anteater

Unless Capcom was just trolling as usual, they've already said more than once (and recently) that they currently have no plans or funds for SFV yet. It would be rather odd for them to debut it not even two months after such a statement and before the launch of Ultra.

maybe sony have plans and funds for it :eek:

could probably just be another SF4 game, but I wonder if they'd make a viral video just for that

Into

Forget what developers "say" because they cannot and will not admit to working on any projects. Blizzard denied for years to even start developing SC2, then after they unveiled it, they outright said they were working on it since Warcraft 3.

But is this Street Fighter 5? I doubt it, Capcom loves porting stuff, and why would they not port Street Fighter 4 Ultra? There is no other fighting game coming out any time soon for the PS4 and they can offer that experience

They most likely are working on Street Fighter 5 for Bone and PS4 (and a PC port later on) but that is likely years away.

Varth

maybe sony have plans and funds for it :eek:

could probably just be another SF4 game, but I wonder if they'd make a viral video just for that

Well, I would argue that SHARE functionality is perfect for the FGC, and having PS4 featured as platform of choice for tournaments and such would help both Sony for visibility and also Mad Catz selling those new PS4 fightsticks. A port would be cheap, and make sense in many ways.

Didn't Sony promise some more game announcements close to PS4 launch?

BTW: is the guy in the ad Charlie Sheen?

Izayoi

Banned
Wow, maybe people actually weren't joking around when they started hyping this launch event as hard as they were...

Varth

Also I remember that Ono teased another game changing feature for USFIV about to be revealed. Maybe he was referring in a broad sense to the PS4 features like share and PS Vita remote play?

Mantrox

Also I remember that Ono teased another game changing feature for USFIV about to be revealed. Maybe he was referring in a broad sense to the PS4 features like share and PS Vita remote play?

I think he was refering to the rumoured delayed wakeup when he said that.
It is kind of a stretch to be talking about fighting game system changes and refer to a platform specific capabilty.

Varth

I think he was refering to the rumoured delayed wakeup when he said that.
It is kind of a stretch to be talking about fighting game system changes and refer to a platform specific capabilty.

LOL, guessed as much, but I'm grasping at straws in hope, since I'd REALLY like an excuse to start practising again :D

Skeff

That was kind of my point. Why not concentrate resources just to SF? Seems to be a much better ROI than Injustice.

If the rumors are true and porting really is as easy and fast as people have suggested, The Crew was ported by 3 people in 6 months, then PC ports really won't be very expensive, for instance if 3 coder ported a game in 6 months you'd be looking at around $200k in salaries for experienced programmers and a budget of potentially around $1 million for the additional platform, which could just be covered by a Sony marketing deal. It depends if they paid for exclusivity or if it was just a "yea we could port that fr cheap, let's try and get a marketing deal to cover the costs."

Mantrox

LOL, guessed as much, but I'm grasping at straws in hope, since I'd REALLY like an excuse to start practising again :D

That makes two of us, i might even consider delaying my vacation another week if this turns out to be something concrete.

If they release a port of USF4 for ps4, im in! I just hope my arcade sticks work, otherwise i wont be able to reinvest that much, in such a small amount of time, to be able to play..

Street Fighter III: 4th Strike. Hand-drawn for 4k resolutions. Brings back stages from all versions of Street Fighter III (and Alpha 2). Dead Gen is one of the new characters.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
....spawhu? Ok, sure!

Xbox 360 had a port of Hyper Fighting Early on... maybe the PS4 will get a Super Turbo pure arcade port?

Why did the operator call use sound effects not only from old SFII, but obvious ones from SFIV as well? (-_-;)

A collection with old SF's as well as Ultra would be... pretty cool. I really hope companies would start packing ALL their series history together with new releases now, as we did the "HD = Smear Filter with Crap online" enough last gen! It's time to Level up to something better!

Top Bottom