• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Viral: Hadouken Cabs

PS4 need a fighter...remember

PS4 already has Injustice.

... Yeah ok PS4 needs a fighter. US4 seems pretty obvious, maybe with HD 1, 2 and 3 thrown in? If the PS3 sticks actually end up working it is a decent reason to get on board.

I wonder if the whole fightstick "they won't work/they will work/they'll sometimes work" confusion is related to this announcement. Maybe they didn't work but once Sony sorted out a USF4 port they added support?

Piccoro

Guys, I think this is legit, I am currently investigating the website. Here are my findings:

hadoukencabs.com domain name was registered on 31-oct-2013

The registrant's email points to this website:

http://www.180amsterdam.com/work/playstation/ It's an advertising company (180 amsterdam) from Netherlands who made a Last Of Us commercial! They were the ones that registered the website! :O

Respawn

Banned
I hope this is official... which means SF5 unveiling at the prelaunch event!! omg! :p
I am actually waiting for a port of USF4 for the PS4, probably that is more likely which still makes me more than happy.

Don't play with a mans heart like that *bites nails*

Guys, I think this is legit, I am currently investigating the website. Here are my findings:

http://www.180amsterdam.com/work/playstation/ It's an advertising company (180 amsterdam) from Netherlands who made a Last Of Us commercial! They were the ones that registered the website! :O

We know it's legit. Sony emailed it VG247.

How does one go about looking that kind of stuff up, btw? I've always wanted to do that.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ha, what timing... I was also theorising a while back that a F2P PS All-Stars on PS4 with regularly added characters (Including, crucially, player requested characters) and stages would be a hell of a boost for that IP.

Seemed plausible after that F2P Littlebigplanet got announced.

I'd feel kinda bad for Superbot games, but I'd kinda love to see it happen... especially with Vita Crossbuy/play. Poor game never got a chance to get the people it needed, and find it's legs.

Cabs = cabinets, as in arcade cabinets? PS4 arcade stick incoming?

I wonder if the CAB = Cabinets connection could be a hint towards an oldschool virtual arcade initiative for PS4? Adding yet more odd fluff (similar to Xbox 360 gameroom, but, y'know, supported) would be a great way to get people to rebuy games they already have on each previous system... ONE MORE TIME!

Respawn

Banned
Jibbex on VG wrote this

Jibbex
08/11/13, 10:59 am
A few things

1. License plate reads PS1994, 1994 is the release of the PS1.

2. The phone number 0830-1987- KO is the release date of the original Street Fighter, August 30th 1987.

Rickeh

Street Fighter Kart. It's finally happening!

2364797-snes_streetracer_au.jpg

Blanka and E-Honda approve of this message.

Piccoro

Arcade-perfect ST port finally

If you mean the original Street Fighter, there's already an arcade perfect port in PS2's Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2 and PSP's Capcom Classics Collection Remixed.

Oh man, what if this is Street Fighter 1 HD?... The suspense is killing me...

Edit: Oh, you meant Super Turbo? It's in Volume 2 also! ;)

Sheroking

If you mean the original Street Fighter, there's already an arcade perfect port in PS2's Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2 and PSP's Capcom Classics Collection Remixed.

... He means Super Turbo.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
whatever it is, i don't think we will find out anything for a while. they wouldnt go through all this viral trouble to make an announcement this week.

Rickeh

I read the original post as Atari ST port, i was like wha? Although for arcade perfect port you can't beat SST2X on dreamcast (pure sex)

Top Bottom