• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (Vita/PSP/PS4/PS3) Downloads Thread Z | January 2014 | The Legendary Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okami HD (the PS3 digital version) is the penultimate version of Okami, The visuals look like something that would have been released this year, they're that good.

The gameplay is simple, but it's meant to be. It's basically a better Zelda game but with a ton of lore, beautiful amazing art and unique mechanics that still have yet to be replicated.

Okami isnt just a regular game, it's an epic journey in the classical sense, IT IS LONG! but for the price you pay, you're basically getting Okami 1, 2 and 3 for the price of buying a single movie.

I 100% the original PS2 version when it came out, and I played through the Okami HD version day one as well. It's still amazing.

Oh, so what's the ultimate version?

;)

wilflare

this thread is moving wayyy too fast.
it's almost crazy to try to keep up with the updates ><

Okami HD would have been awesome on that OLED screen. lol but Capcom.
I should get down to buying it on sale

Maedhros

Any free ones for now? The PSM storefront is a mess.

EDIT: ops, just saw Bike Rider DX is free. I guess they've already updated =/

I seriously never undestood this complaint. Besides not having a search function, I never had a problem finding what I wanted there. You need to touch only two times to find what you want: The PS Mobile Section and the New Releases button.

ZeroAKA

I seriously never undestood this complaint. Besides not having a search function, I never had a problem finding what I wanted there. You need to touch only two times to find what you want: The PS Mobile Section and the New Releases button.
The lack of a search function is kind of a big deal. The PSM store isn't interesting enough for me to browse through every section to find the apps I want.

Is Velocity Ultra supposed to be more of a puzzle game or a shooter? I played through the entire Vita demo and it definitely has yet to grasp me.

Sol1dus

Apparently the guy recently tweeted that the Vita version of Don't Starve was just a maybe with a smiley face or something. I'm now thinking he mostly wanted people to buy/play the PS4 version now, maximize benefits one at a time or something. Silly because I think people would enjoy the game more on Vita anyway but hopefully it's decent enough that the PS4 attention helps.
Then again, Terraria got less attention on Vita than I ended up expecting it would get tbh. I know it's old and starbound yada yada, but still.

&overpriced
&delayed

This is coming from someone who loves it btw.

Edit so I was scratching my head looking for Don't Starve on Vita. I didn't realize the thread had changed to PSN already. :p

Nintyb

Banned
Joined team Vita today. Picked up Tearaway, Persona 4, and Dragons Crown as well. I'm amazed with Tearaway. Incredible game so far.

Skyzard

Banned
&overpriced
&delayed

This is coming from someone who loves it btw.

Edit so I was scratching my head looking for Don't Starve on Vita. I didn't realize the thread had changed to PSN already. :p

I know...but it was pretty big and this is like the best portable version, no? A few too many negatives surrounding the game's release I guess.

I was at day 7 before I saved and quit. So I'm there right now. I still haven't really DONE much yet, lol.

Nice! Just watching another playthrough, looks so good for a survival type game.

CLEEK

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable sale from $40 to $15. Any good? Never played any EDF title. Looks like mindless fun though.

Buy it. Buy it now.

It's fun, but it won't blow your mind or anything. $15 is a great price.

You shut your filthy whore mouth.

EDF 2017 was one of the best games on the 360, and the Vita port trumps it in style.

It adds in Palewing (a second character who flies and has an entirely different weapon set) as well as online co-op. Which will most likely be completely dead and you'll never find a game, but when it launched originally, online co-op was a thing of wonder.

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable sale from $40 to $15. Any good? Never played any EDF title. Looks like mindless fun though.

I was wondering the same. I played the one on PS3 long enough to get 1% of the trophies so I'm thinking just save my money. The shooting felt pretty poor.

ZeroAKA

You shut your filthy whore mouth.

EDF 2017 was one of the best games on the 360, and the Vita port trumps it in style.

It adds in Palewing (a second character who flies and has an entirely different weapon set) as well as online co-op. Which will most likely be completely dead and you'll never find a game, but when it launched originally, online co-op was a thing of wonder.
What?

Skyzard

Banned

lol yeah got jumped with that :p

(he likes it a lot)

Palewing is awesome. I've had fun with the game from time to time, pretty small file size iirc and I keep it on the maincard. Went through it all by myself on normal mostly. Had a couple games in co-op which were okay except for the way one of the guys was teamkilling...yet still getting us weapons lol. Anyway it's pretty good mindless fun in that difficulty. Can get pretty hard at times. And is of course even more fun in multiplayer. Not a big fan of most of the vehicles so I don't usually bother with them unless I'm desperate but the weapons you get in the game can be pretty mega. But you have to check the stats quite a bit (so many weapons that you unlock, can only carry 2 at a time). The more you play, the more health your character gets permenantly after picking things up - it's slow, but adds up over time.

Starting again with Palewing is pretty fun because of how she moves (flys - use the buildings and bridges more too) and her weapons. Will try doing it on some harder difficulties, hopefully get some more co-op games in some time too.

==-=-

Watching day 4-7 of that playthrough (or let's play) I linked for Don't Starve. Looks so good! Conveniently familiarizing myself with the game a bit too.

CLEEK

I was wondering the same. I played the one on PS3 long enough to get 1% of the trophies so I'm thinking just save my money. The shooting felt pretty poor.

Insect Armageddon? That was a pile of dog shit, made by by shonky Western dev rather than Sandlot who make the rest of the games in the series.

Tapejara

EDF 2017 is great
so is Insect Armageddon
. $15 is a good price. The series isn't known for polish or high production values, but rather a great B-movie feel. So if that appeals to you go for it.

cafemomo

how could i miss this gotyay.

bought.
ASAZpJP.jpg

ZeroAKA

The whore mouth bit?

Just an affectionate way for me to interject and state that your opinion was not an accurate summation of the game in question.
Don't know about that, especially since the game does glitch and drop in framerate once in a while. It's not like I was telling them not to buy it. :p

I've noticed I have a small squeaking when I press the left trigger down all the way. The right trigger doesn't do this, and it only occurs when the trigger is pressed from the outside edge.

It's not a big deal but something odd I noticed since otherwise my opinion of the build quality so far is superb.

Get a screwdriver and loose the screw on the corner of the trigger a little bit. Everything should be fixed.

I used a small Phillips screwdriver with about a quarter turn and the squeaking went away. Thanks!

Every time there's a promotion I have to find out about it through GAF, because there simply isn't a "sales" tab. It's just extremely barebones. And no search? Really? No way to see what games I own but to scroll through the whole store?

Game descriptions for some PSM games amuse me.

Here is the description for Fleet connection and I have typed it below exactly as it appears on the store:

It is a game to invade the planet.
Let commanded the battleship is the commander.
Bombardment of battleship between.
They use bombing by carrier-based aircraft.
You get 'the victory.

Version of the character with

EDIT: By the way, it is free right now (on US PS Mobile store anyway) for those who want to conduct bombardment of battleship between to get 'the victory.

marrec

Banned
Man, EDF for 15 plus I still have that 10 dollar credit from buying the PS4 rattling around in my account.

So really it'd be EDF for 5 dollars.

What a difference the Vita screen makes to Bike Rider DX. It's so much better than the ultra zoomed out 3DS version.

Game descriptions for some PSM games amuse me.

Here is the description for Fleet connection and I have typed it below exactly as it appears on the store:

It is a game to invade the planet.
Let commanded the battleship is the commander.
Bombardment of battleship between.
They use bombing by carrier-based aircraft.
You get 'the victory.

Version of the character with

EDIT: By the way, it is free right now (on US PS Mobile store anyway) for those who want to conduct bombardment of battleship between to get 'the victory.

Haha yeah, there's a lot of great Engrish PSM descriptions out there. Fleet connection is extra amusing though, because it's the exact same game as 0WAR - one of the developer's previous PSM releases. He's just put some anime characters into this one and given it a different name.

alice

Joined team Vita today. Picked up Tearaway, Persona 4, and Dragons Crown as well. I'm amazed with Tearaway. Incredible game so far.

Great choices! Tearaway and P4 sit at the top of my list. I want to get to Dragon's Crown soon, I hear so many good things. The lack of a demo has scared me away thus far, as the genre is hit or miss for me.

Kagami

Takao's Adventures in the Japanese PSVita Store, Vol. 2:

Project 575

http://i.minus.com/iNTBffXMV6rXO.jpg
ibw6SlPhQ0epaR.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibq4G4soSmHzFQ.jpg
My dislike for touchscreen action gaming made it hard for me to enjoy this. It feels like they used the touchscreen just for the hell of it. It's just virtual button pressing. There's more than enough physical controls on the Vita to handle all of the interaction in this.
And they took the one neat thing about touchscreen controls--that you can set the device down on a table or in a cradle and poke at it instead of holding it--and broke it by requiring you use the rear touch panel as well.

Edgeward

Is Velocity Ultra supposed to be more of a puzzle game or a shooter? I played through the entire Vita demo and it definitely has yet to grasp me.

It definitely relies more on shooting and reflexes on later levels especially if you want to go for perfects, the puzzle element is light imo as the solutions aren't hard to grasp once you have a layout of the map and even then the maps are designed to lead you to do a specific thing I find.

Zooming through a whole level, never letting off the boost all while trying to shoot out obstacles and collect survivors is some good adrenaline rush. And can sometimes make you want to hit something when you miss the time goal by a split second.

is Chaos Rings worth a buy?

I remember Vitacats saying it runs worse than the IOS version

iosefe

I remember Vitacats saying it runs worse than the IOS version

so....thats a "no" then...

and VU gets totally intense near the end. there is a reason why reaching level 50 has a trophy, and there is a completely separate one for actually beating it.

So guys with Playstation Now coming out soon do you guys think we will be able to play Persona 5 on our PSV's when it gets released for the PS3?

Remk

So I got a Vita case as a gift, but more important than that I got a little something from Japan in the mail:

NdvkP72.jpg

Oh yeah! so excited to transfer my 32 gb card and finally have all my library in one place :)

Anybody knows what will be the estimated time to make the back up and transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom