• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (Vita/PSP/PS4/PS3) Downloads Thread Z | January 2014 | The Legendary Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
Apparently the guy recently tweeted that the Vita version of Don't Starve was just a maybe with a smiley face or something. I'm now thinking he mostly wanted people to buy/play the PS4 version now, maximize benefits one at a time or something. Silly because I think people would enjoy the game more on Vita anyway but hopefully it's decent enough that the PS4 attention helps.
Then again, Terraria got less attention on Vita than I ended up expecting it would get tbh. I know it's old and starbound yada yada, but still.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Ideally the PS3 version would be cross buy/play with the Vita version. Then again, ideally the Vita version would have launched a month back alongside the PS3 version.
I can only snicker when people bring up Cross-Buy and Minecraft. It would be the poster child for Cross-Buy but do you really think 4J would pass up those double dipping opportunities? In my experience people are almost conditioned to buy Minecraft Multiple times by now. Besides the fact that Minecraft is big enough that it may lose neglible sales by not having Cross-Buy, the PS3 and hopefully Vita and PS4 versions are different from each other in capacity.

I'm looking forward to if SCEA is going to push Minecraft along with the Vita in March.

Skyzard

Banned
It looks fantastic, watched some videos on it earlier too, mighty jealous :)

Tempted to download the mac version and join in on the hype...let's see what steams offering. Ouch £12, too broke, will wait for the Vita since I'd end up buying it twice anyway. Back to Eufloria

How long you been managing to survive for? I heard it wasn't the easiest game.

trinest

Wait PS3 now on Vita...

Does that mean I'll get to play The Last of Us and what ever those other few titles I wanted to play on the PS3.

Alright Vita GAF, you've convinced me to get Persona 4. How much for the digital download? I'm so keen for a JRPG, it's been ages since I've really given one a chance. It used to be my favourite genre but this last gen has been a nightmare for JRPG's (though Lost Odyssey is in my top 5 games last gen).

Wait PS3 now on Vita...

Does that mean I'll get to play The Last of Us and what ever those other few titles I wanted to play on the PS3.

Definitely not the kind of game that should be played on a small screen nor with gimped virtual touchpad "buttons"

But I guess so.

Skyzard

Banned
Hopefully more streaming stuff encourages Sony to put out an official grip with triggers. Would be sweet, especially if it was well made.

I think I missed most of the PS Now stuff, I'm guessing it's the gaikai stuff up and running, noticed it was US only for a while, hopefully get to hear decent impressions. Quite a few games I've missed out on PS3. Hopefully the individual price/package price is decent and that they eventually bring it to the rest of the world that can support it.

Will grab Dokuro when the new price reaches EU too. Maybe it's getting DLC or something?

Alright Vita GAF, you've convinced me to get Persona 4. How much for the digital download? I'm so keen for a JRPG, it's been ages since I've really given one a chance. It used to be my favourite genre but this last gen has been a nightmare for JRPG's (though Lost Odyssey is in my top 5 games last gen).

You're best bet is to wait a few weeks for Atlus to put the game on sale for $20, otherwise it'll cost you $30.

30 $ in the US (but it often goes on sale for 20$), 30£ in EU (recently had a sale, doubt it'll happen again, at least for a while). The download is over 3GB btw

In have case some of you haven't been keeping up most NEOGAFfers want to use playstation now for JRPG'S. Lol

It would be nice if they had imported games on there come to think of it.

VanWinkle

It looks fantastic, watched some videos on it earlier too, mighty jealous :)

Tempted to download the mac version and join in on the hype...let's see what steams offering. Ouch £12, too broke, will wait for the Vita since I'd end up buying it twice anyway. Back to Eufloria

How long you been managing to survive for? I heard it wasn't the easiest game.
I was at day 7 before I saved and quit. So I'm there right now. I still haven't really DONE much yet, lol.

You're best bet is to wait a few weeks for Atlus to put the game on sale for $20, otherwise it'll cost you $30.

30 $ in the US (but it often goes on sale for 20$), 30£ in EU (recently had a sale, doubt it'll happen again, at least for a while). The download is over 3GB btw

Damn, missed the sale. I can't really wait either as I'm on holiday for like another 3 weeks, it's kind of the perfect time to play it. Plus I'm an Aussie using a US account, even $30 is really cheap considering they charge like $60 here for a Vita game. ;)

CLEEK

Damn, missed the sale. I can't really wait either as I'm on holiday for like another 3 weeks, it's kind of the perfect time to play it. Plus I'm an Aussie using a US account, even $30 is really cheap considering they charge like $60 here for a Vita game. ;)

I bought P4G last week when I saw that JB Hifi sells it new for $27. I normal buy everything digitally on the Vita, but you can't pass up prices like that.

https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita/persona-4-golden/670953

MRORANGE

Downloading Okami HD, it was on the PSN store in the January sale, wasn't going to get any lower and didn't have PS+ back last year.

looks good though:

ZAr2FiK.jpg

fyFn5ze.jpg

Wow, Okami looks incredible. I've meant to get it since before it was released on PS2, and I simply never got around to it. Worth a look?

Gamerloid

Downloading Okami HD, it was on the PSN store in the January sale, wasn't going to get any lower and didn't have PS+ back last year.

looks good though:

ZAr2FiK.jpg

fyFn5ze.jpg

Whoa, that does look very good. Never played Okami, and it seems like something I'd enjoy. Might pick it up for whatever system I own. Maybe Wii.

Pimpwerx

Wow, Okami looks incredible. I've meant to get it since before it was released on PS2, and I simply never got around to it. Worth a look?

If anything like the Wii game, then definitely. I didn't get a chance to finish it, but I remember enjoying that game a lot. PEACE.

MRORANGE

Go for it it's a fantastic game from review and has received a lot of praise, it's the best time to get it as it won't go on sale again for a long time and retail copies are expensive if you are buying one new.

Prices:

Special offer price valid from 24-12-2013 to 15-01-2014 (Was: (£10.99 / €13.99 / AU $20.45 / BGN 27.50 / CZK 375.00 / DKK 104.95 / HUF 4250.00 / NZ $26.95 / NOK 110.00 / PLN 55.00 / SEK 125.00 / USD $18.99 / ZAR 130.00 / HRK 99.99 / INR 870.00 / TRY 33.39 / ILS 68.00)

AmanoBuff

Wow. This thread definitely went places in the past few hours.

I personally don't like the 'upgrade'. Thread moves much faster now and is hard to follow. I loved the old thread mainly due to us being able to talk (and learn) about every minute detail of what was going on with our beloved portable in just a few pages at a time. This is not possible anymore (not for me anyway) since I'm very busy during my workday. This makes me really sad.

Also, since the thread is hard to follow, I literally have to hunt down posts related to Vita. I will definitely miss more than a few, as I'm sure other Vitabros will, so keeping a Vita-related conversation flowing smoothly or providing help to people asking about Vita-related stuff will definitely be much harder.

I get the reasoning behind the change, I just don't think it will work though, but I guess we'll see in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, the VitaGAF community has already diluted considerably. I hope we get it back in this thread, although I fear the damage is already done.

Anyway, I'm trying to remain positive about this and I'll do my best with the little contributions I can provide to keep VitaGAF alive.

joe2187

Banned

Whoa, that does look very good. Never played Okami, and it seems like something I'd enjoy. Might pick it up for whatever system I own. Maybe Wii.

Okami HD (the PS3 digital version) is the penultimate version of Okami, The visuals look like something that would have been released this year, they're that good.

The gameplay is simple, but it's meant to be. It's basically a better Zelda game but with a ton of lore, beautiful amazing art and unique mechanics that still have yet to be replicated.

Okami isnt just a regular game, it's an epic journey in the classical sense, IT IS LONG! but for the price you pay, you're basically getting Okami 1, 2 and 3 for the price of buying a single movie.

I 100% the original PS2 version when it came out, and I played through the Okami HD version day one as well. It's still amazing.

DirtyLarry

When you guys (and gals) are talking about Dont Starve on the Vita, are you referring to a native Vita version, or Remote Play?
I just ask as I see not Vita version, so wondering if I am supposed to and it is just not showing up, or just Remote Play.

Just played about an hour on the PS4 itself, and the game is definitely addictive.

kassatsu

Banned
When you guys are talking about Dont Starve on the Vita, are you referring to a native Vita version, or Remote Play?
I just ask as I see not Vita version, so wondering if I am supposed to and it is just not showing up, or just Remote Play.

Just played about an hour on the PS4 itself, and the game is definitely addictive.

Just remote play for now.

DirtyLarry

| V . I . T . A |

Just remote play for now.
Thanks for the fast reply.

Also I have an idea maybe??
Although I did not participate in it a whole lot, I read the hell out of the Vita thread, so perhaps we can put an indicator at the top of our posts that clearly show it is something Vita related?
Like at the top of my response here?

People can just copy and past that first thing if it is Vita related maybe?
Again, just an idea.

AmanoBuff

For our own sanity's sake, would it not make sense to list out in the title what platform you are talking about?

Will do. Nice thinking!

off topic, but look what i got the other week

Wow. So you got the FF 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box? That's crazy! More pics of that artwork please! If I had the money, I'd buy it only for that artwork.

Btw. here's what I got.

The box is smaller than I thought, but it is just GORGEOUS. So are the individual packages.

I'll be posting some impressions in the next few hours for all VitaGAF and anyone interested in the Vita version.

Flandy

Wow. So you got the FF 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box? That's crazy! More pics of that artwork please! If I had the money, I'd buy it only for that artwork.

Btw. here's what I got.

The box is smaller than I thought, but it is just GORGEOUS. So are the individual packages.

I'll be posting some impressions in the next few hours for all VitaGAF and anyone interested in the Vita version.
Holy crap! Those boxes look amazing. Why can't we have box art like that in NA? ;_; I've always preferred those simple boxes with just the name and logo

baekshi

Banned

Btw. here's what I got.

That box art. Shame that US box is load of shit to show off a gun.

I might go for FF X-2 Japanese when it hits low price since it's just digital here.

Ummm... LOL? I guess this is one of those times when people just go for FPS.

Anyways, thanks for the reminder, this is a short note of the game that I forgot to post last week.
_______

BTW, Sega's Utayomi 575 doesn't seem too bad.

Except for the fact that it's almost a smartphone/tablet game due to being almost completely touch-based, and is a bit too expensive IMO. :/

On the other hand, despite being touched-based, it seems to be properly placed for Vita - most of them are reachable with your thumb as they're on the lower left and right. Though you still have to find out your comfortable position for back taps.

I didn't remember seeing difficulty settings.

I now get why they opted to use Vocaloid. This game won't be playable to those who don't read Japanese.

It's partly lyrics-based. If you input the wrong lyrics, they'll sing out the wrong lyrics, too.

As far as the demo goes, they don't show you the proper lyrics. The lyrics shown at the end of a run is the results of what you chose and not the right lyrics.

There's a "replay" option, but I don't remember if they give the proper lyrics/song. IIRC, they don't either. Will check later when I get home.

What's more is that before the demo ended, they pointed out wrong kanji usage. If that says anything, it will also feature kanji. :)

P.S.
If you don't like kanji, you're not learning Japanese the right way. :p

That sounds really nice for learning Japanese, however that lyrics mechanics makes it hard to see it localized to english :/

AmanoBuff

Holy crap! Those boxes look amazing. Why can't we have box art like that in NA? ;_; I've always preferred those simple boxes with just the name and logo

I ordered the English PS3 Collector's Edition AND the Vita version, so my purchase needs some validation!

Don't know about the PS3 version, but first impressions on Vita are VERY good.

I'll get more into detail later on (about 12 hours from now, since I've got to sleep lol).

But again, those boxes are just gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom