• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

Big new post about PSX just went up: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/03/playstation-experience-2015-everything-you-need-to-know/

Full list of VR games that are playable:
  • Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • Driveclub VR (SCE Evolution Studio)
  • EVE: Valkyrie (CCP)
  • GNOG (KO-OP Mode)
  • Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix)
  • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
  • London Heist: Interrogation (SCE London Studio)
  • London Heist: The Getaway (SCE London Studio)
  • Megaton Rainfall (Pentadimensional)
  • Playroom VR (SCE Japan Studio)
  • Project Kitchen (Capcom)
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League (Guerilla Cambridge)
  • Rush of Blood (SCE Liverpool XDEV Studio)
  • Super Hypercube (Kokoromi)
  • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
  • World War Toons (Reload Studios)
Sony, I wanted my summer lesson.

Big new post about PSX just went up: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/03/playstation-experience-2015-everything-you-need-to-know/

Full list of VR games that are playable:
  • Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • Driveclub VR (SCE Evolution Studio)
  • EVE: Valkyrie (CCP)
  • GNOG (KO-OP Mode)
  • Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix)
  • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
  • London Heist: Interrogation (SCE London Studio)
  • London Heist: The Getaway (SCE London Studio)
  • Megaton Rainfall (Pentadimensional)
  • Playroom VR (SCE Japan Studio)
  • Project Kitchen (Capcom)
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League (Guerilla Cambridge)
  • Rush of Blood (SCE Liverpool XDEV Studio)
  • Super Hypercube (Kokoromi)
  • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
  • World War Toons (Reload Studios)
Where is GT Sport? :(
Maybe its a surprise!

We'll play a goodbye dinner by ear based on interest.
Ah, that's what I was thinking about.

I was awoken this morning by very loud construction. I am way too accustomed to small town life.

I'm hyped to pick up badges today. It'll be cool to catch glimpses of what will be the show tomorrow.

DeviantBoi

I'm going to be missing watching it live. I have this stupid errand I have to do.

What are my options for watching it an hour or two after it airs?

10AM PST ?

Yup!

We are using a line app. Link in the second post.

Also technically the meetup place didn't have any food at all:p

Are you talking about last year's? Because the tentative place this year has a bunch of food; granted it's pub/sports bar fare so items for vegetarians and those lactose intolerant are few and far between, but GGTP is also close by to a number of places that serve up different types of grub should people want to go elsewhere before meandering over to the bar.

Downtown and late at night I'd say your best bets for food that caters to different diets (specifically vegetarian, vegan, kosher/halal) is going to be found at one of the numerous Thai or Indian spots. There's also a great Egyptian "fast food" joint that is super cheap and close by GGTP as well.

I'm going to be missing watching it live. I have this stupid errand I have to do.

What are my options for watching it an hour or two after it airs?

I'm assuming it'll be archived on Twitch? If not then likely someone will be recording it and posting it on YT for clicks if Sony doesn't do it officially.

M52B28

Banned
So, who here is going to pick up their pass at 12pm today?

Right after class, I'm heading to the Moscone center to pick mine up. I'm hyped. This is my first time going to a gaming event/convention.

The fact that Driveclub VR is a playable demo for general admission folks is fantastic. Wasn't it only previously confirmed as a 'proof of concept' and not necessarily a retail game?

krae_man

Yup!

Are you talking about last year's? Because the tentative place this year has a bunch of food; granted it's pub/sports bar fare so items for vegetarians and those lactose intolerant are few and far between, but GGTP is also close by to a number of places that serve up different types of grub should people want to go elsewhere before meandering over to the bar.

Yeah talking about last year's.

So, who here is going to pick up their pass at 12pm today?

I definitely will be. I told my boss that I'll be coming into the office later today, so I'm going to run some errands now and then walk over, probably stopping to grab some coffee along the way.

Guys, I might not be able to even get my badge by 10:00 am tomorrow which is the cut off time. What happens if I show up 30 minutes later? Would I still get the badge to be able to get in?

krae_man

I land at 3pm. Gonna pick up my badge on my way to checking into my hotel.

Hopefully an hour of wifi on the plane won't be too expensive so I can make a couple of reservations.

Guys, I might not be able to even get my badge by 10:00 am tomorrow which is the cut off time. What happens if I show up 30 minutes later? Would I still get the badge to be able to get in?

The email from Sony re: PSX that I received yesterday says you can pick up your badge up till 10PM tomorrow. If you show up 30 minutes late for the Keynote, however, I don't know what their policy is on late entry but I imagine it's super lax since people have to go in/out to use the restroom...

The email from Sony re: PSX that I received yesterday says you can pick up your badge up till 10PM tomorrow. If you show up 30 minutes late for the Keynote, however, I don't know what their policy is on late entry but I imagine it's super lax since people have to go in/out to use the restroom...

I literally came back to edit my post that I'm stupid. I was super tired last night and viewed the email thinking its 10am. Thank you.

krae_man

My city is getting a LRT and people wanted to call it the HOMER(hop on'n move em round)

We settled on Ion. The rest of the options were joke answers from people who hate taxes just because they are taxes.

jon_dojah

Banned
For people looking for a place to park, the easiest, no-hassle place to park is the Fifth and Mission Garage. It's sandwiched right between Moscone and the Westfield Mall. All-day/lost ticket is $34, but see their site for full rates. There are lots of garages in the city, but many of them are in cramped old buildings and hard to maneuver around.

This is where I usually park and plan to park for PSX. But the last time I parked there a lady paying for her ticket before me reported to a cashier she got a gun pulled out on her and $25 stolen coming down the stairwell. So beware.

finalflame

For the PSX app, do we have to create a new account unrelated to our PSX registration?

Yes. There is an account for the Experience app (powered by Guidebook) you can create, but then you can also sign in to PSN in at least 1 location that I've found:

Rewards -> Profile

There is no way to "link" PSN directly to the Guidebook account. I very much doubt you will be required to have a registered PSN login for the PSVR RSVP, but it's possible we'll all hit a PSN login wall at that time, so best to login via Rewards -> Profile page just to be sure!

IzzyF3

I have some friends trying to get in on this event now, but Saturday is apparently sold out. I feel like I read somewhere that tickets are also sold at the door but cash only. Can anyone confirm this? I've been shopping around a lot of events and all this info is jumbled in my brain.

Yes. There is an account for the Experience app (powered by Guidebook) you can create, but then you can also sign in to PSN in at least 1 location that I've found:

Rewards -> Profile

There is no way to "link" PSN directly to the Guidebook account. I very much doubt you will be required to have a registered PSN login for the PSVR RSVP, but it's possible we'll all hit a PSN login wall at that time, so best to login via Rewards -> Profile page just to be sure!

Thank you. :) Got it.

Gskyace

We are using a line app. Link in the second post.

Also technically the meetup place didn't have any food at all:p

Don't know why, I've joined the line group, and now I can't receive any new message and even can not exit the group...

finalflame

Anyone else having trouble with the Line link? I keep on getting an invalid address.

I had problems, make sure it is not adding an extra special character at the end (they usually are like % and a number, e.g. "%51" will be appended to the end of the URL).

I had problems, make sure it is not adding an extra special character at the end (they usually are like % and a number, e.g. "%51" will be appended to the end of the URL).
In the address bar it shows everything from the second post. I am on iOS9 and trying to view through Safari.

finalflame

In the address bar it shows everything from the second post. I am on iOS9 and trying to view through Safari.

I had the same issue. Look closer after you copy/paste and make sure the URL in your address bar matches perfectly with the quoted link. I thought mine did but it didn't, there was some extra stuff appended at the end.

Nicko

All the GAF Grub snack bags are ready to go! My awesome wife helped me pack them last night.

5ABjToE.jpg

When you get your badges from Xenorevlis, find me in line for the keynote to pick yours up! Wanted to do something nice for the community, so please, keep your money to spend at the show!

bnLkt8n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Nicko

All the GAF Grub snack back are ready to go! My awesome wife helped me pack them last night.

5ABjToE.jpg

When you get your badges from Xenorevlis, find me in line for the keynote to pick yours up! Wanted to do something nice for the community, so please, keep your money to spend at the show!

bnLkt8n.jpg

Nicko

Wow, appreciate it.

Just had a burger at Super Duper Burgers. Damn they are good. I need to go back. Gaffes, if you need a burger this is it. Right on Mission St in Metreon.

M52B28

Banned
Their garlic fries...

My god.
All the GAF Grub snack bags are ready to go! My awesome wife helped me pack them last night.

Nicko
That's so awesome and generous. Now I wonder if I can and should return the favor. I wouldn't mind baking up some goodies, but I've never done things for large groups like this.

Good stuff. I'm looking to finally meeting other members of this forum tomorrow.

Edit:

I've downloaded the guide, but I guess I still have to wait until tomorrow morning to get my Sony badge to register properly.

Toparaman

Banned
This is where I usually park and plan to park for PSX. But the last time I parked there a lady paying for her ticket before me reported to a cashier she got a gun pulled out on her and $25 stolen coming down the stairwell. So beware.

Yikes. I'm still debating between driving or taking CalTrain (coming from San Jose). Which one is safer I wonder?

finalflame

Yikes. I'm still debating between driving or taking CalTrain (coming from San Jose). Which one is safer I wonder?

CalTrain is safe. Parking I guess is hit or miss. I usually park on 3rd/Harrison and have never had a problem (ABM Parking). It's generally in the nice part of SoMa and the walk to Moscone is ~10 minutes.

M52B28

Banned
Caltrain. You don't have to bother with traffic.

I'm just using Caltrain and Uber'ing everywhere. Saves me gas, and I don't have to bother with parking.

If anyone is interested, I have an Uber code - it is $15 credit towards your ride.

www.uber.com/invite/k4aknue

You'll get $15, I'll get $15. That's a free ride in San Francisco.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I just went to set up most of my booth and headed back to my hotel. Heading back in just a bit after I get some lunch.

If you're in line and see a bald Indian dude with a big beard walking into the venue, holler at me!

Also had a chance to say hi to Ono on my way out this morning. :D

Caltrain. You don't have to bother with traffic.

I'm just using Caltrain and Uber'ing everywhere. Saves me gas, and I don't have to bother with parking.

If anyone is interested, I have an Uber code - it is $15 credit towards your ride.

www.uber.com/invite/k4aknue

You'll get $15, I'll get $15. That's a free ride in San Francisco.

It's weird, I signed up using uber and when I try entering a promo code it says a promo code was already applied. I don't understand why. It's a totally new account too.

5ABjToE.jpg

bnLkt8n.jpg

Nicko
Wow!!! thats very nice and interesting!

Top Bottom