• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

Neonep

Hopefully SF gets at least 1 Five Guys soon. There are 2 within pretty good driving distance from where I live.

Holmes

For people not from the area, a lot of places on the pier (amongst other places in the city) jack up their prices to ridiculous levels. So just be careful.

For people not from the area, a lot of places on the pier (amongst other places in the city) jack up their prices to ridiculous levels. So just be careful.

Yeah, pretty standard touristy area in terms of price markup-- though In & Out prices ought to be fixed.

I will say that for those of you walking around Fisherman's Wharf and want to dodge some of the markup, just venture inward a few blocks from the Embarcadero and you can find some great places with pretty cheap prices...

Like The Codmother (love that name)
o.jpg

Shenmue

Banned
Hopefully SF gets at least 1 Five Guys soon. There are 2 within pretty good driving distance from where I live.

We got a bunch of them in SoCal now, but I don't get if I'm doing it wrong or something but I don't notice anything special about the burgers. They taste like the ones I make on the BBQ.

Is there some way to get them that makes them really good and special? From my experiences there the burgers taste very standard and don't have that unique flavor that In N Out has. Like if you blindfold me I can tell you immediately if a burger is an In N Out burger, but I would have no idea for Five Guys.

Edzi

How fast do these panels usually fill up? Would I be able to make both the Storytelling and Fighting game panels, or should I just line up for the Fighting Game panel instead to get a decent seat?

How fast do these panels usually fill up? Would I be able to make both the Storytelling and Fighting game panels, or should I just line up for the Fighting Game panel instead to get a decent seat?

Yeah good question! Anybody here attend last year's PSX with some advice?

I'm looking at the PSVR and Storytelling panels, but if they're going to be streamed and (hopefully) archived, then I think I would rather watch them later at home and spend that time, while people are packed into a panel, on the show floor getting hands-on time with games and VR kit, assuming the lines will be thinned out a bit.

Neonep

We got a bunch of them in SoCal now, but I don't get if I'm doing it wrong or something but I don't notice anything special about the burgers. They taste like the ones I make on the BBQ.

Is there some way to get them that makes them really good and special? From my experiences there the burgers taste very standard and don't have that unique flavor that In N Out has. Like if you blindfold me I can tell you immediately if a burger is an In N Out burger, but I would have no idea for Five Guys.
I think Five Guys is way better then In & Out. I think it's the combination of toppings that puts them over In & Out for me and the amount of fries... Dear God.. when you get the cup and it's over flowing with fries. I do love In & Out and it's the one closet to where I live and they are open late.

Neonep

Yeah good question! Anybody here attend last year's PSX with some advice?

I'm looking at the PSVR and Storytelling panels, but if they're going to be streamed and (hopefully) archived, then I think I would rather watch them later at home and spend that time, while people are packed into a panel, on the show floor getting hands-on time with games and VR kit, assuming the lines will be thinned out a bit.

Yeah I'm looking at the PS I love You & Fighting Games panel. Hopefully I can make it to both.

That reminds me...

http://offthegridsf.com/markets

Food truck map/schedule for the weekend for those looking for events going on/ones to hit.

The Chairman (used to be called Chairman Bao..

Good call on the food truck map! Also The Chairman has a brick & mortar shop in my hood [MAP] if some of you are wandering about. Great Vietnamese and Thai in the area too.

Yeah I'm looking at the PS I love You & Fighting Games panel. Hopefully I can make it to both.

The PSILY panel is going to be a madhouse. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most popular panel of the day.

rje

Big new post about PSX just went up: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/03/playstation-experience-2015-everything-you-need-to-know/

Full list of VR games that are playable:
  • Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • Driveclub VR (SCE Evolution Studio)
  • EVE: Valkyrie (CCP)
  • GNOG (KO-OP Mode)
  • Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix)
  • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
  • London Heist: Interrogation (SCE London Studio)
  • London Heist: The Getaway (SCE London Studio)
  • Megaton Rainfall (Pentadimensional)
  • Playroom VR (SCE Japan Studio)
  • Project Kitchen (Capcom)
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League (Guerilla Cambridge)
  • Rush of Blood (SCE Liverpool XDEV Studio)
  • Super Hypercube (Kokoromi)
  • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
  • World War Toons (Reload Studios)

Big new post about PSX just went up: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/03/playstation-experience-2015-everything-you-need-to-know/

• Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • GNOG (KO-OP Mode)

Nice! Thanks for the update! God damn I want to try a ton of those. DC, EVE, Battlezone, RIGS, The Kitchen (lol sorry, underpants), Wayward Sky, etc...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Got a reminder email. Something about a code through their app for your registered PSN ID. I wonder what it is? (Credit plz!)

gazele

Banned
I really hope the PSVR method is different from last year

Lining up to get a ticket to line up at a different time didn't work so well and I ended up missing out on trying VR

• Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • GNOG (KO-OP Mode)
Guess I missed the memo. Driveclub VR!?

Debating about bringing my bag from the Infamous 2 CE and attaching all the buttons I got from last year. Has anyone actually worn it? Does it hold a good amount?

Is it working yet? I fired up the app but couldn't figure out how to register times for anything

Haven't got it to work for me yet (in terms of RSVPing). There's no button or RSVP function that I can see once I navigate to the actual time slots for the PSVR stuff; in this case I'm trying to RSVP for a RIGS slot.

Nafai1123

Banned
RIGS and PSVR demo RSVP's are going up tomorrow at noon. At least that's what it says on the app. Don't forget to reserve a time!

For anyone that went last year, how hard was it to get into the keynote?

inthemyst

Neo Member
Is it working yet? I fired up the app but couldn't figure out how to register times for anything

Interesting. I was able to add it to my calendar using the Android app but I can't do it on iOS. If you hold down the session you want, it lets you add it to your schedule after you sign in.

gazele

Banned
RIGS and PSVR demo RSVP's are going up tomorrow at noon. At least that's what it says on the app. Don't forget to reserve a time!

It wasn't very hard last year, there was tons of space, but I have no idea the size of the room this time

Hmmm.. Hey we could actually help each other out! If people coming out to PSX are going to be new to Uber or Lyft, you can use the below referral code so you'll get the credit when signing up, and I'll get some when you use it. We both win :)

Highlight for referral code:
Uber ($15 credit towards first ride): Lyft ($20 Credit towards first ride):
Also, if posting that is no bueno, just let me know and I'll remove it!

Totally. I'm definitely showing up early to get some good seats.

This was very helpful, thanks.

Yeah, pretty standard touristy area in terms of price markup-- though In & Out prices ought to be fixed.

I will say that for those of you walking around Fisherman's Wharf and want to dodge some of the markup, just venture inward a few blocks from the Embarcadero and you can find some great places with pretty cheap prices...

Like The Codmother (love that name)
Thank you, I was looking for a fish and chips place:D

I think I'm going to aim for 6. Depending on my friends, since we are carpooling.

Yeah I wasn't going to line up until 7, but if they're opening doors at 8 then I'm definitely getting there closer to 6/6:30. Maybe waiting in line and for the keynote inside I'll try going for that damn speedrun trophy in Muramasa Rebirth (~3hrs). It has eluded me for a while now.

Ibuki

Banned
I read something about separate lines for people with and without badges... Should I drop by tomorrow and get my badge first just to be safe?

Neonep

Yeah I wasn't going to line up until 7, but if they're opening doors at 8 then I'm definitely getting there closer to 6/6:30. Maybe waiting in line and for the keynote inside I'll try going for that damn speedrun trophy in Muramasa Rebirth (~3hrs). It has eluded me for a while now.
Yeah I was aiming for 7 too but man.... I feel like if I get there at 7 it will be too late.

Cypher

Anyone know if they'll allow you to pick up friends badges on Friday?

I can pick up mine on Friday, but my gf works late so she doesn't have time to trek to the city to pick her's up. If I have her QR code/email and her driver's license ID, will they be able to give it to me? Note, I purchased both our tix using my credit card, but of course registering online it was our own separate PSN IDs.

Would rather get both of our's in one swoop than going super early on Saturday. :)

I read something about separate lines for people with and without badges... Should I drop by tomorrow and get my badge first just to be safe?

If you can, definitely get your badge tomorrow.

Yeah I was aiming for 7 too but man.... I feel like if I get there at 7 it will be too late.

I don't think it'll be too late per se. We're all aiming for a prime seat and the venue is large. Even if you arrive at 7 and you're 200 deep, you'll be more than ok. You'll be on your feet all day long so if arriving at 7 means you get a little more sleep and feel better the rest of the day, do it.

Anyone know if they'll allow you to pick up friends badges on Friday?

I can pick up mine on Friday, but my gf works late so she doesn't have time to trek to the city to pick her's up.

She'll need her ID to show in order to get her badge, and I don't think they'll allow you to pick up someone else's, even if you have their ID-- but honestly, I'd call them and check on it to be sure.

Toparaman

Banned
While that makes sense, you're still welcome to group up with us for the keynote (if you're planning to attend it) and Edzi, you can do the same. After a couple hours in line you may have an idea of who you'd like to group with (chemistry / similar plan of attack for the show floor / etc).

Thanks for the invitation! I might join you guys for lunch actually, if that's something you're planning on doing together.

krae_man

Dammit I'll be mid flight then.

I hope they stagger the availability.

Triz

Im leaving From north of Sacramento at about 5:30 on Saturday. Hope to be parked and in line buy 7:30.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for people's impressions of the VR games. Hope to hear some crow eating.

I honestly wasn't too impressed at PAX with Kitchen. Maybe because my head is too small and didn't fitthe headset properly. I found the graphics kind of grainy and the earphones couldn't quite reach me. I saw potential, but the enviornment of grainy graphics (after being recalibrated) and barely hearing sound.

I'll give it another shot later, though. Hopefully lines won't be dumb and capped everywhere like at PAX.

Top Bottom