• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

aradikus

I got the email about the app, I got the app and I have to say I am just super relieved and pleased as pie that I can RSVP for a PSVR demo. It's really cool that they did it this way. I can't wait to get there. Trying out PSVR was the biggest reason I wanted to go. I'm getting in line super early for the keynote too. IT'S ALMOST TIME!

finalflame

I got the email about the app, I got the app and I have to say I am just super relieved and pleased as pie that I can RSVP for a PSVR demo. It's really cool that they did it this way. I can't wait to get there. Trying out PSVR was the biggest reason I wanted to go. I'm getting in line super early for the keynote too. IT'S ALMOST TIME!

How can you RSVP?

krae_man

Looks like there's no concert or anything going on Saturday evening. We can probably group together before 10pm as everything starts winding down before we head over to GGTR.

I'll figure out a meeting place at the Convention Center once I get there for us to group up before we head over to GGTR. Don't worry if you're gonna get that last demo in, or make a pit stop at your hotel first. We'll just need a portion of the group so we can grab an area when we get there.

Cudder

The thing with that app is that I'm not going to have a data connection. Is there going to be WiFi in the convention center?

krae_man

The thing with that app is that I'm not going to have a data connection. Is there going to be WiFi in the convention center?

Wifi is usually terrible at cons due to the large number of people in small spaces. Apparently there will be Playstation reps with tablets at the VR booth for phonless people. So rush to the Playstation VR booth to book an appointment that was I guess.

Michael Steranka on December 3rd, 2015 at 4:35 pm said:

We actually will have staff members at the PlayStation VR booth with tablets to help those without smartphones RSVP for demos. Head there right when the show starts to make sure they don’t all get reserved before you!

No idea about phoneless people and the checking in. Although this is encouraging:

Michael Steranka on December 3rd, 2015 at 4:37 pm said:

As long as your PSN ID is tied to your badge registration, we’ll be able to verify the different booths you checked into. You can then unlock all your codes through the app as soon as you log in with your PSN ID (go to the Rewards section and login when prompted). This will work retroactively, even if your phone dies at the show. You can log in later and redeem everything afterwards :)

M52B28

Banned
What a badass, and organized app. Thanks for letting us know about this!

I cannot wait to try VR for the first time!

I will be driving in from San Jose. does anyone know the best place to park? Will there be valet at Moscone, or will I need to find a parking garage?

M52B28

Banned
I will be driving in from San Jose. does anyone know the best place to park? Will there be valet at Moscone, or will I need to find a parking garage?
I'm not sure, but if I were you, I wouldn't bother parking in the city. I would just use Caltrain partial way.

Caltrain stations have free customer parking. You'll save a bit of gas and a little chunk of money from parking.

I'm not sure, but if I were you, I wouldn't bother parking in the city. I would just use Caltrain partial way.

Caltrain stations have free customer parking. You'll save a bit of gas and a little chunk of money from parking.

I thought about that but TBH I don't want to walk around in the city and deal with the train that late at night (plan on heading home late night)

aradikus

Sorry for going dark without info on how to RSVP, was watching the Game Awards. Get the Experience PlayStation App and RSVPs go live at noon PST tomorrow!

Never heard of this site before, very helpful though. I assume that all of these parking lots are public and I don't actually have to use this Book Now thing right? I can still just show up and park?

Sure, I imagine most of these garages take drive-ins. I guess the nice thing about the service is that you possibly could get a cheaper rate and it's all taken care of. When I clicked on a "book now" button this popped up: Upon arrival please pull up to the valet loading station and show the valet your ParkWhiz parking pass. The valet will had you a ticket to hold onto. When you are ready to leave hand the valet your ticket and they will retrieve your car.

Anyways, it gives you a good idea of what's available to you around that area in terms of parking spaces and available rates!

M52B28

Banned
As a general statement, watch where you park.

Some streets have sidewalks filled with broken glass in the morning due to car chain break ins.

Got the experience app. There's a button that says "Use Code" and when I click it it says "Redeem a code to access a private guide". Anyone know what this is?

AsakuraZ

Hey guys, now that we have info about the events I wanted to ask who is going to try to get into the keynote? I'm driving from Davis that morning but I wasn't at least years PS Experience so not sure how early to show to make sure I get a seat.

GAF members that went last year, how early did you have to line up?

Looks like there's no concert or anything going on Saturday evening. We can probably group together before 10pm as everything starts winding down before we head over to GGTR.

I'll figure out a meeting place at the Convention Center once I get there for us to group up before we head over to GGTR. Don't worry if you're gonna get that last demo in, or make a pit stop at your hotel first. We'll just need a portion of the group so we can grab an area when we get there.
Is there a way we can all talk to each other, or is this thread it?

And how's the meeting place this year for those with special diets? Last year it was at a steak place, if I remember correctly. Though I'll be damned if I didn't have some amazing veggies there.

finalflame

Hey guys, now that we have info about the events I wanted to ask who is going to try to get into the keynote? I'm driving from Davis that morning but I wasn't at least years PS Experience so not sure how early to show to make sure I get a seat.

Those of us planning to get a good seat in the keynote will be arriving around 5am. I think there are at least 3 of us (myself included). Join up the line group if you wanna coordinate; we'll be bringing handhelds and snacks to hang out and pass the time.

Kanashimi

So... can anyone perhaps link me to the .apk for the app? I'm running BlackBerry and the version available for it is for E3. -_-

I lined up around 7AM. Ended up getting fantastic seats for the keynote.

55Vk7xb.jpg

SanFranGAF, what are some really good pizza joints? Mind you, I hail from the part of the world where the best pizza ever made is: Chicago deep dish.

I'm in Lower Nob Hill, according to Apple Maps.

AsakuraZ

Those of us planning to get a good seat in the keynote will be arriving around 5am. I think there are at least 3 of us (myself included). Join up the line group if you wanna coordinate; we'll be bringing handhelds and snacks to hang out and pass the time.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably be getting into SF around 6ish, just in time to grab my badge at 7am and line up. Hopefully I'll be able to spot some of you guys there.

M52B28

Banned
I'll be joining you all at that time, if possible.

finalflame

I'll be joining you all at that time, if possible.

Of course! Join the Line (messenger app) group in the first/second post if you want to coordinate, but we'll be there!

Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably be getting into SF around 6ish, just in time to grab my badge at 7am and line up. Hopefully I'll be able to spot some of you guys there.

Good stuff, if you wanna try to meet up feel free to join the Line group in the first/second post!

SanFranGAF, what are some really good pizza joints? Mind you, I hail from the part of the world where the best pizza ever made is: Chicago deep dish.

Maybe Cybelle's @ Bush & Jones? Personally I like Napoli further down at Polk & Post; it's not deep dish but every slice is made to order, nothing sitting on a rack, so it always tastes great to me.

Maybe Cybelle's @ Bush & Jones? Personally I like Napoli further down at Polk & Post; it's not deep dish but every slice is made to order, nothing sitting on a rack, so it always tastes great to me.
Thanks! You forgot to mention Cybelle's also has ice cream. Haha!

I am liking San Francisco. It feels like a little big city. And I've not had any negative experiences with anyone so far. I could see myself living here if it weren't for the stratospherically insane pricing of housing. A guy that I was sharing a Lyft ride with today said he pays $1700 for a studio apartment. All of my bills combined, mortgage, student debt, and utilities aren't even $1700!

I'd imagine everyone here makes baller money, though. At least compared to my wage.

finalflame

Thanks! You forgot to mention Cybelle's also has ice cream. Haha!

I am liking San Francisco. It feels like a little big city. And I've not had any negative experiences with anyone so far. I could see myself living here if it weren't for the stratospherically insane pricing of housing. A guy that I was sharing a Lyft ride with today said he pays $1700 for a studio apartment. All of my bills combined, mortgage, student debt, and utilities aren't even $1700!

I'd imagine everyone here makes baller money, though. At least compared to my wage.

$1700 for a studio in SF? That is insanely cheap. Insanely. I pay $2200 for a 1br in Mountain View.

Housing here is insane, but god fucking dammit I love this place.

haha not hardly. I work in the non-profit sector and I promise you, I do not make enough to live here. Having a space that is mildly rent-controlled is key. That, and just adjusting your QoL expectations. I also don't eat out a ton ;)

Glad you're enjoying yourself though! I've lived in a number of densely populated cities and SF is definitely in my top 3.

Priz

for deep dish, I like
http://www.patxispizza.com/ which started near Stanford and expanded. They have a few locations in the city.

For NY Style, a popular bay area chain is http://www.amicis.com/

Many of my friends love both http://www.pizzaorgasmica.com/ and http://pizzeriadelfina.com/ but I haven't tried either...

kungfuian

Just confirmed I'll be down in SF tomorrow night. Thinking of picking up a hotel on the cheap so I don't have to drive in in the morning and so I can spend my money on important things like booze. Anyone feel like grabbing some drinks or shooting the shit hit me up. I'm generally a lurker on here, too busy to post all the time, but totally down to meet some few gaffers.

Just confirmed I'll be down in SF tomorrow night. Thinking of picking up a hotel on the cheap so I don't have to drive in in the morning and so I can spend my money on important things like booze. Anyone feel like grabbing some drinks or shooting the shit hit me up. I'm generally a lurker on here, too busy to post all the time, but totally down to meet some few gaffers.

There's a meetup for after the conference around 10:30 tentatively at the Golden Gate Tap Room up on Powell @ Sutter in the Union Square area. You should definitely come on through! If it changes location I'm sure it'll be tattooed all over this thread.

kungfuian

There's a meetup for after the conference around 10:30 tentatively at the Golden Gate Tap Room up on Powell @ Sutter in the Union Square area. You should definitely come on through! If it changes location I'm sure it'll be tattooed all over this thread.

Thanks, look forward to it :)

for deep dish, I like
http://www.patxispizza.com/ which started near Stanford and expanded. They have a few locations in the city.

For NY Style, a popular bay area chain is http://www.amicis.com/

Many of my friends love both http://www.pizzaorgasmica.com/ and http://pizzeriadelfina.com/ but I haven't tried either...

Oh god. Do not even go to Amici's, lol. Please. Might as well recommend Pizza Hut.

Personally I recommend Golden Boy

Edit: I see I was beaten to the Golden Boy rec.

For people looking for a place to park, the easiest, no-hassle place to park is the Fifth and Mission Garage. It's sandwiched right between Moscone and the Westfield Mall. All-day/lost ticket is $34, but see their site for full rates. There are lots of garages in the city, but many of them are in cramped old buildings and hard to maneuver around. For Sunday peeps, metered spots are free on Sundays, and there should be plenty of open spots early in the morning. You can even park in yellow zones.

Thumbs-up on the Golden Boy recs, but be aware it's cash-only. Also, their pizza is kinda thick and doughy if you prefer thin NY style.

krae_man

Is there a way we can all talk to each other, or is this thread it?

And how's the meeting place this year for those with special diets? Last year it was at a steak place, if I remember correctly. Though I'll be damned if I didn't have some amazing veggies there.

We are using a line app. Link in the second post.

Also technically the meetup place didn't have any food at all:p

We'll play a goodbye dinner by ear based on interest.

Top Bottom