• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure the line will just be gaf members hugging it out in the cold weather that early in the morning. Lol.

One of my friends wants to go early too... Sure hope we don't have to wait outside for long. Still debating on what to wear since I am not a fan of the cold.

Darkatomz

I spotted a couple people in the thread who are driving from South Bay, how big is the group right now? I live in SJ and my plans were to drive up Saturday and Sunday. Speaking of which, anyone have recommendations as to where to park for the entire day? I was just going to bust out the BestParking app, but maybe an SF local has a recommendation here.

I'm not sure if I'll be around on Friday to get my badge. I could come up, but that would totally depend on when people are meeting up the day before. Otherwise, I can probably just snag mine Saturday morning worst case.

My plans so far are to check out the UC4 panel and PS Keynote at a minimum. Also, I hadn't even heard of Cosmic Star Heroine before the PS.Blog post, looks AWESOME!

Gskyace

Guys, have you set up Line group or any way to communicate?
And any card hunter like me can carry each other during searching?

Well, PSXGAF, I'm on the plane and will be leaving Chicago shortly. See you soon!

From Moscone to the Dragon's Gate it's about a 10-15 minute walk depending on how fast you go. [MAP]. Grant and Stockton next to it run parallel up through Chinatown up to North Beach. Grant's the touristy one (lots of shops) and Stockton has a lot more locals and markets.

As for vegetarian options close to Moscone, the two that come to mind are Samovar Tea Lounge right there at Yerba Buena Gardens, or Loving Hut in the Westfield Mall which is also a stone's throw. Definitely Love the Hut if you're trying to save money. Westfield has a number of other food options as well.
Thanks! That's very helpful. I think The Loving Hut just may be the ticket.

krae_man

Nicko has graciously decided to provide grub bags for us:

qMhB83p.jpg

Pick yours up with your badge while waiting in line for the keynote!

Quick question for previous attendees, and apologies if it's already been addressed. What's the situation with the opening Keynote? Is there a lot of waiting in line? Can we show up close to 10 and still get in (even with less than great seats) or is it a first come first serve type of thing?

Me and a group of coworkers are coming in and want to grab breakfast before around 9 but I'm not sure if that would leave us enough time.

Thanks!

Triz

Quick question for previous attendees, and apologies if it's already been addressed. What's the situation with the opening Keynote? Is there a lot of waiting in line? Can we show up close to 10 and still get in (even with less than great seats) or is it a first come first serve type of thing?

Me and a group of coworkers are coming in and want to grab breakfast before around 9 but I'm not sure if that would leave us enough time.

Thanks!

not sure of the size of the hall, I was in line at 6:45 last year and was about 75 people deep. I do not believe they turned away anyone from attending, but its a different venue so I can't really confirm.

krae_man

Thanks!

Impossible to know. We don't know attendance, size of the room etc. Adam Boyes suggested getting in line by 8 at the latest.

These are the badges which you can grab an orange lanyard with :)

6Qy0PGz.jpg

aaaaand this is the person you'll want to approach on Saturday to grab your GAF meetup badge

tL8NK0f.jpg

Priz

I spotted a couple people in the thread who are driving from South Bay, how big is the group right now? I live in SJ and my plans were to drive up Saturday and Sunday. Speaking of which, anyone have recommendations as to where to park for the entire day? I was just going to bust out the BestParking app, but maybe an SF local has a recommendation here.
I'm coming up from Santa Clara. Right now I'm just driving myself.

I usually just bite the bullet and park at the Metreon lot which is directly behind Moscone West - https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...1!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x6ec3c96a9e0edd27

If people want lunch/good quick eats, there's a massive basement food court underneath Bloomingdale's across the street from the parking lot I'll be parking in (As well as a Mel's Drive in and Jack in the Box across the way). There used to be a craftwich but I think it closed down...

Food Court restaurants - https://www.food.westfield.com/centres/sanfrancisco?_ga=1.138185328.1940688561.1449169233

Priz

I'm excited for PSX and all, but I think I might be more excited to finally try In N Out.
Double Double with grilled onions (assuming you can handle onions, grilled are amazeballs.. I get grilled and raw on the same burger), fries well done (or animal style).

Npu7fL8.jpg

Truly, the best thing about In n Out compared to the other chains is how incredibly fresh the lettuce, tomatoes, etc. taste. Even the bun tastes fresh and has just the right amount of crunch to it from toasting. Pay attention to that to get the optimal experience.

I'm from Chicago too, have a safe trip! See you there!
I'm looking forward to meeting you now!
I'm excited for PSX and all, but I think I might be more excited to finally try In N Out.
This will be my third time in the State of California and I always forgot about In n' Out Burger until it was too late. Maybe now's the time. My friend, who is touching down tomorrow, has very bland tastes. She's a pizza and hamburger kind of gal. How can someone be so vanilla?!
aaaaand this is the person you'll want to approach on Saturday to grab your GAF meetup badge
You look eerily like your avatar. :p

Holmes

Y'all need to respect yourselves and not get In 'N Out and instead get some actual good burgers and fries at Five Guys.

Badges look great!

Also in what's probably the biggest news of my career - our game was just announced for PS4, and we'll be at PSX this weekend! We'll be in booth 1164, come by and say hi. :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/03/monsters-monocles-coming-to-ps4/
That's fantastic! Can't wait to check it out.

You look eerily like your avatar. :p
It was sketched for me by a long-time friend for use on our YouTube channel (and I colored and am animating it soon)

Rain is great for once! But I thought picking up the badges only began on Friday at noon?

Ha, I moved from Canada to California earlier in the year. That conversion rate was really killer.
I think he is just concerned it will be raining up until Sunday, when it was initially thought to start raining...

Holmes

I think he is just concerned it will be raining up until Sunday, when it was initially thought to start raining...
I think there's nothing to worry about. Constant rain in California for over 3-4 days would be a (welcome) miracle. Should be nice and dry on Friday and Saturday.

Shenmue

Banned
Double Double with grilled onions (assuming you can handle onions, grilled are amazeballs.. I get grilled and raw on the same burger), fries well done (or animal style).

Npu7fL8.jpg

Truly, the best thing about In n Out compared to the other chains is how incredibly fresh the lettuce, tomatoes, etc. taste. Even the bun tastes fresh and has just the right amount of crunch to it from toasting. Pay attention to that to get the optimal experience.

The best way to get the burgers IMO is onions however you like them (animal style, grilled, or raw), and then get EXTRA TOASTED BUN, and FRIED MUSTARD, and chopped chilis (optional).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think there's nothing to worry about. Constant rain in California for over 3-4 days would be a (welcome) miracle. Should be nice and dry on Friday and Saturday.

Trust me, I know we need the rain... just not during events that involve waiting outside, possibly exposed to it. Not as worried for Sunday, just the early, cold line Saturday.

I'm excited to be going! If you come by the Nuclear Throne booth, I'll probably be doin' demos while Rami's out meeting the president or something like always.

Badges look great!

Also in what's probably the biggest news of my career - our game was just announced for PS4, and we'll be at PSX this weekend! We'll be in booth 1164, come by and say hi. :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/03/monsters-monocles-coming-to-ps4/

That looks like a lot of fun! And that blowing down the door with a gun that shoots keys had me in stitches.

Wait there's an in n out in San Francisco?

It's out in Fisherman's Wharf [MAP]. If you need something cheap and light I'd recommend their "Grilled Cheese" option (everything except the meat and super cheap), but I do love me some burger :) Also, closer to Downtown we've got Super Duper Burger all over the place and Pearl's Deluxe Burgers which is close to Union Square and a few blocks from Golden Gate Tap Room, etc...

Well, it looks like it's going to be a fucking wet weekend.

If forecasts hold then people ought to be fine for picking up their badges on Friday and hanging out in the city if they get in early, as well as it being dry for Saturday; Sunday seems to be the wet day. However weather forecasting might as well be voodoo to me so who knows.

M52B28

Banned
Wait there's an in n out in San Francisco?
Ha, there is one on the Wharf, but I can't think of any others.

It's out in Fisherman's Wharf [MAP]. If you need something cheap and light I'd recommend their "Grilled Cheese" option (everything except the meat and super cheap), but I do love me some burger :) Also, closer to Downtown we've got Super Duper Burger all over the place and Pearl's Deluxe Burgers which is close to Union Square and a few blocks from Golden Gate Tap Room, etc...
^^^
Good stuff.

I think Super Duper is close to In N Out in quality, but I feel like In N Out has less greasy stuff. Super Duper is a-lot more expensive than Super Duper. You can spend about $6 or $7 at In N Out and get a good taste, but at Super Duper, you'll easily go into $10+ for a nice burger, frenchfries, drink - etc.

For those who are coming here out-side of California and the Bay Area, just be prepared. There is always a possibility of showers in SF. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much. (we need it, but people suck at driving here, especially in the rain, and I don't want my stuff to be really wet.)

How did I miss this thread until now?! My wife and I are going for both days and will hopefully be able to complete a card set. Looking forward to the Naughty Dog panel!

Top Bottom