• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

JackEtc

Since you can't redownload it, how does this effect HDD upgrades? If you use the backup tools introduced with 2.50 would you be able to put PT on the new HDD?

I want to eventually upgrade to a 2 TB but don't wanna lose PT.

Since you can't redownload it, how does this effect HDD upgrades? If you use the backup tools introduced with 2.50 would you be able to put PT on the new HDD?

I want to eventually upgrade to a 2 TB but don't wanna lose PT.

You can copy games over to another hard drive, but you can't do it individually. You have to copy all or nothing.

paolo11

Let's say I have PT on my current PS4 and I am getting a new custom made PS4 (MGSV TPP console). How do I transfer PT to my new PS4?

sphinx

the piano man
Let's say I have PT on my current PS4 and I am getting a new custom made PS4 (MGSV TPP console). How do I transfer PT to my new PS4?

I want to know this too.

that or "how can I transfer it to another account?". not possible right?

Zee-Row

Banned
My PSN account is worth more than what I could get for selling PT and my PS4 alone. No chance of me selling mine. I'm never deleting PT though.

yatesl

Wouldn't you have to forfeit your PSN account to do this?

It'd have to stay on the console, so effectively yes.

I downloaded it on my US account, which only has some PS1 games and Bloodborne attached to it.

I'm not sure how much extra cash would be worth parting with my Bloodborne saves...

I could sell my PS4 and psn account and would only lose a bunch of indie games since all my Ps3 and PS4 games are retail. Nothing but profit for me. So tempting.

Gandalf

My PSN account is worth more than what I could get for selling PT and my PS4 alone. No chance of me selling mine. I'm never deleting PT though.

This is my predicament too. I've got 7ish years of PSN purchases and a lot of trophies etc. Still tempting though I'm not going to lie.

PT will forever be installed
until the day the PS4 dies

Sony should just buy the rights to the demo and distribute it (sans the Silent Hills video) for free again.

And then have Team Siren work on a new game based on the P.T. concept.

Darknight

Ok so what would you do to say lock your account with a PS4 that has this game and sold it? Lets say you have account A and B. You have games from both accounts installed. So you Delete Account B and its games, leave Account A and its games. Then just change your password and the owner wont be able to redownload or purchase anything being locked out of PSN? If you password lock the account, will they be able to see whats under the Library tab?

Always wanted a White PS4. Decisions decisions!

Garlador

Sony should just buy the rights to the demo and distribute it (sans the Silent Hills video) for free again.

And then have Team Siren work on a new game based on the P.T. concept.

I support this. Pull a "Sleeping Dogs" and just repurpose the game into a great console exclusive or something.

It can even still have a foggy, creepy town. It's not like Silent Hill has a monopoly on it.

You could still sell play-time via Share-Play ;D

#28 of GAF's GOTY 2014 list gone just like that :/

I feel like I should play it this week. Still things to try out like that you can apparently only loop 59 times or whatever before Lisa prevents you on going further.

speaking of which, I guess they will remove that Lisa gimmick from MGSV, too?

Kumo

I'm sure this has been answered already, but if I have it installed on my friend's PS4 and it was through my account, can I transfer that to a new PS4?

Elandyll

Banned
I have a 20th Anniversary PS4 with P.T. on it. I feel like I need to up my insurance policy.

Just don't tell your significant other(s) or family and you'll be fine... Probably :)

This being said, I now have this weird feeling that if Konami could get away with erasing P.T. from people's hard drives (they can't do this legally afaik) ... they would.

That's where I am in thinking what they're willing to do at this point.

Loakum

Banned
This settles it. I'm gonna purchase an exterior harddrive, so I can backup all my save games (especially P.T.) , then I can be able to upgrade my hardrive to 2TB. I would really regret not being about to play PT ever again.

This settles it. I'm gonna purchase an exterior harddrive, so I can backup all my save games (especially P.T.) , then I can be able to upgrade my hardrive to 2TB. I would really regret not being about to play PT ever again.

Oh wow so when I upgrade my HDD I won't be able to transfer it? Haha oh god.

webkatt

Could there be a licensing issue where walking dead guy's likeness can't be used any longer since the game is dead?

Stipulation in contract or what not?

Kinsei

Banned
Could there be a licensing issue where walking dead guy's likeness can't be used any longer since the game is dead?

Stipulation in contract or what not?

If that's the case what would be stopping them from just patching out the Silent Hills trailer? You never see the characters face during the demo.

Loakum

Banned
Oh wow so when I upgrade my HDD I won't be able to transfer it? Haha oh god.

It looks that way. Since the license is gone, it will show an error if you try to re-download it. I have it currently on my 1TB hardrive, but this Friday my 2TB hardrive arrives. I'm gonna wait until my 1TB exterior harddrive arrives before I upgrade my harddrive. This seems to be the only way to prevent me from losing P.T.

I made a blank dummy account which only has PT on it before it got taken off, just in case. If someone is honestly willing to pay then... But honestly I probably still won't sell it haha.

Dammit, I really should have done this.

I'd easily sell it. It's no different than selling a bunch of rare games that go for huge prices.

I don't think you'd have to forfeit your account because you don't have to download it on every account on your ps4 to play it on those accounts. Couldn't you just make a generic profile and then log out of your account on the ps4?

they're selling

BXNxtZI.png

These smack of either sham auctions to create a false sales history or people trolling the sellers.

Top Bottom