• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

kng3025

With all that's going on with Konami and P.T, should I worry about other games possibly being removed off psn? Just curious.

Loakum

Banned
Problem solved.

QGfUWval.jpg

Is it possible to backup P.T. to an external HDD or similar device? I want to upgrade my HDD soon, but worried about game not transferring to new HDD.

Loakum

Banned
Is it possible to backup P.T. to an external HDD or similar device? I want to upgrade my HDD soon, but worried about game not transferring to new HDD.

Yes, that's what I'm about to do. Since the PS4 now has the "Backup and Restore" feature in system settings. You can backup your entire harddrive stored data into a portable external hardrive, then after you change your harddrive you can restore all your data from the portable drive, into your newly upgraded PS4 harddrive. see video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7kbIiHSxIE

ChouGoku

Man after seeing this thread I fired PT up after not playing for a few months. I havent smoked weed in like 2 weeks . So I get me some top shelf, smoke a whole blunt so I get super high. I put my earbuds in, turn the volume on max, turn off all the lights in my apt, close all my windows and play this. I was about 10-15 mins in and was having a fucking heart attack. It sucks this wont be a full game

Yes, that's what I'm about to do. Since the PS4 now has the "Backup and Restore" feature in system settings. You can backup your entire harddrive stored data into a portable external hardrive, then after you change your harddrive you can restore all your data from the portable drive, into your newly upgraded PS4 harddrive. see video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7kbIiHSxIE

Thank you for this! This helps put me at ease to be quite honest :)

Man after seeing this thread I fired PT up after not playing for a few months. I havent smoked weed in like 2 weeks . So I get me some top shelf, smoke a whole blunt so I get super high. I put my earbuds in, turn the volume on max, turn off all the lights in my apt, close all my windows and play this. I was about 10-15 mins in and was having a fucking heart attack. It sucks this wont be a full game

My man!

Squalltdx

Just had this notification pop up while playing Bloodborne. First time seeing something like that. I've only played it for about 5 minutes because I'm a chicken but I'm glad I still have it. I'm also going to make a backup just in case

20150506222025_zpsysf5vhtw.jpg

Just had this notification pop up while playing Bloodborne. First time seeing something like that. I've only played it for about 5 minutes because I'm a chicken but I'm glad I still have it. I'm also going to make a backup just in case

20150506222025_zpsysf5vhtw.jpg

Would have been nice for them to send us this exact message ya know, before removing it from our download lists forever? :p

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

I just got it too. When I installed my new hard drive I deleted as many big files as I could to speed things up with back up/restore. I already re downloaded P.T. way before all this madness. Big whew to that.

Seems like I will start doing regular backups from now on....making sure if I delete big files before doing the back up P.T. remains on.

This train just doesn't fucking stop... How am I ever supposed to play P.T again? And are people going to resell their PS4s with P.T in them now?
I want to kill myself.

sell ps4 for 800 bucks,
get a new ps4
and the cycle continues.

but in all seriousness, this is stupid for konami. One can only wonder what is left besides basically burying their gaming divisions .

Apoc87

Banned
Is there any way to back up all data on your ps4 hdd (like the ps3) if I want to upgrade in the future, so I won't lose this demo?

And there I thought I had it figured out when the thread about it getting delisted popped up and I made sure to 'purchase' it so it was in my history. Didn't download though, oh well, I'll make sure my bro doesn't delete it if he still has it and maybe I'll get around to playing it this summer when I'm there.

Deft Beck

Queued the game for download before the removal, but my PS4 ended up trying to download it afterwards. Nothing.

I don't even like horror games, but I feel very disappointed.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.

So nobody linked this yet?

a4a43b12b4.jpg

Will the demo just stop completely? People are wasting their cash on a timed demo now? Don't know if the image is real but I'm sure any of you can check it on your PS4 as a testament to it's legitimacy.

a4a43b12b4.jpg

Will the demo just stop completely? People are wasting their cash on a timed demo now? Don't know if the image is real but I'm sure any of you can check it on your PS4 as a testament to it's legitimacy.
That is for Germany as PT requires PS+ there (since mature games can't be downloadable for free there). It is the PS+ subscription's end date and should be updated when the PS+ subscription is extended.

Alucrid

Banned

a4a43b12b4.jpg

Is that ps+ remaining time maybe?

Stencil

This was seriously one of the driving reasons to buy a PS4 for me. A playable teaser... Now lost to the ephemerality of figurative digital sand in the winds of change...

I cry.

Is there a way to download this demo to an external hard drive? I don't mean backing up the entire PS4. I just mean downloading this demo so I can take it and install it on any PS4. Is this even possible?

webkatt

If that's the case what would be stopping them from just patching out the Silent Hills trailer? You never see the characters face during the demo.

Probably can't be bothered to patch a demo. Easier to hit the delete button I suppose.

sell ps4 for 800 bucks,
get a new ps4
and the cycle continues.

i wouldn't sell it as you will have to leave your own PSN account in there as well, how many games do you have on your account?

Best option would have been to make a new dummy account with P.T. only downloaded on it, save that to the PS4 and try to sell it :D

tci

I guess I should not be surprised people actually are selling consoles with the game on it. If anyone actually buys them for the PT demo, then it is more sad than hilarious.

From Konami's standpoint it makes sense they removed it. It is a demo for a product that will not be made. Might be that they want to save money for license etc.

In the end this will probably blow over rather soon. Like most game related news.

webkatt

They already paid to use him in that trailer, just because it fell apart and the contract has ended does not mean it has to be taken down.
this is been taken down for no reason.

I sincerely doubt that actors contracts are so straight forward.

In any case it was a theory on my part. Perhaps someone with experience can weigh in.

Top Bottom