• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

Darknight

paid stuff has been removed from the store before, a load of japanese ps1 classics were delisted and delete from the psn list a couple years ago

Some obscure Japanese PS1 games...like anyone cared about it. I never heard of this incident. Anyways this wont happen with western devs/titles else SONY + other party would get sued.

Dont equate the digital future paranoia thing with stupidity Konami or some japanese company is doing. This was a free demo. As much as I hate Konami doing this, its not really a big deal. You spent $0 on it plus it was advertised to be removed from PSN. Paid content would be a whole nother can of worms.

vilmer_

Th7SjpK.jpg

Save this file while you can!

Why couldn't they have pulled the download the day they delisted it? Instead they let people think that it's ok to redownload it in the future for 5-6 days and THEN have it taken off the servers. That's some intentional, devious shit to pull.

If Konami wants to stop video games, fine, but why do they have to do in the most ridiculous, painful way possible to their fans?! This is some scorched earth shit.

Why couldn't they have pulled the download the day they delisted it? Instead they let people think that it's ok to redownload it in the future for 5-6 days and THEN have it taken off the servers. That's some intentional, devious shit to pull.

If Konami wants to stop video games, fine, but why do they have to do in the most ridiculous, painful way possible to their fans?! This is some scorched earth shit.

Sony only updates the store on Tuesdays

Skux

Is there any way that this game could be duplicated? Would you be able to mirror a hard drive and put it into another person's PS4?

This is why I fucking hate digital. Seriously go fuck yourselves Konami.

I'm not fucking buying TPP new now.

Burn in fucking hell.

Justified

Some obscure Japanese PS1 games...like anyone cared about it. I never heard of this incident. Anyways this wont happen with western devs/titles else SONY + other party would get sued.

Dont equate the digital future paranoia thing with stupidity Konami or some japanese company is doing. This was a free demo. As much as I hate Konami doing this, its not really a big deal. You spent $0 on it plus it was advertised to be removed from PSN. Paid content would be a whole nother can of worms.

Sadly you are wrong.Read your license of use terms. Just because it's game few "cares about" doesn't change how digital titles operate

He haven't bothered to post at all from what I've seen. Konami might have fired him at this point, wouldn't surprise me at least.

Yeah I was about to say, he's prt of the social team which is on lockdown now so if he isn't already gone I'm sure his days are numbered. Poor guy.

All my rage, Konami.

low-G

How is original XBox Live Arcade treating you? What about your Halo 2 and Unreal Championship DLC packs?

Eventually they will ALL die. Steam, XBLA, PSN. There will be nothing left. Decades of games will be wiped from being able to be played for all people forever.

But we all will die some day too. Dead, forever. Gone, never able to experience any entertainment product of any kind, forever.

Sony only updates the store on Tuesdays

Then why not do it last Tuesday, the day it was delisted. Why not have Sony do it the same day.

Edit: It was delisted April 29th, a Wednesday. That's even more devious bullshit. Why not have them delist it and pull it from the serves on the same day, a day earlier. Fuck Konami.

DJMicLuv

This is for NA.

Euro store gets updated tomorrow, so this is literally the last time you Euro guys can download it.

Do it quickly!!

Thank Chris I saw this thread in time and bothered to check my PS4.

A strange note: I just looked up to see the percentage downloaded and it had done 666.x MB. Truly this game is cursed.

Risette

A Good Citizen
anyways, this probably makes sense. it's a piece of marketing for a game that no longer exists. i doubt sony gives publishers free bandwidth, so away it goes.

Incoming PS4 patch that deletes the game from the hard drive

If it's anything like most digital marketplaces, they don't need a patch to do that. They can just revoke the license, and in some cases delete it remotely without warning. (An eBook retailer pissed off a lot of people when they deleted books off of people's devices, at one point.)

I just realized P.T.'s about to get a lot more mysterious to people in the future now, unless they stick it on a future disc or something. Not quite Polybius, but like a Ring-style VHS tape.

"A friend of a friend has a copy of P.T. on an old PS4. They said it was TOO scary, and so the lead developer quit and they pulled it off their network."
"That's not true."
"It is! His brother keeps the PS4 locked up safe, and whenever he's asked about it, he just whispers, 'A Hideo Kojima Game.'"

UrbanRats

Someone who owns it still, has to film the perfect run through of the game in 1080p, and upload it somewhere for posterity.
Ripping the raw files would be even better.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I find it hilarious that people assumed they would still be able to download it again after Konami had stated they were going to delist it last month.

Can they hurry up and sell their assets and IP to someone? If Konami doesn't wanna do anything then let someone else do it. I honestly don't wanna buy MGSV now because of what they've done.

RK128

Great, don't even have a PS4 to download the game to even when I get one early next year/late next year X(.

Also a great way to show that they have the power to just 'take away' stuff you own on PSN.....gonna back up Metal Gear Solid 1, Sudiken 1, Silent Hill, Silent Hill Origins and Castlevanna to my PC soon to prepare for them to remove that next :(.

I'm sending them so many burned yugioh cards. Covered in cum and squid ink. In a Wii u box.

Email from SCEA told me that content purchase (even free) would remain available for download so long as it was being downloaded by the original account. Who knows if they even know anymore. :/

DJMicLuv

There'll be plenty of Creepypasta written about P.T I'm sure, especially considering how there's so much hidden stuff in the game.

Grexeno

Can they hurry up and sell their assets and IP to someone? If Konami doesn't wanna do anything then let someone else do it. I honestly don't wanna buy MGSV now because of what they've done.
Fat chance. This sort of behavior clearly shows that Konami is going beyond scorched-earth when it comes to their video game division. They'll literally hold on to Castlevania and Metal Gear and Silent Hill just to slap them on slot machines.

Mikey Jr.

Mindblowing, indeed.

The only way now we can have more copies, it's if someone manages to dump the files and hack PS4s. Will it ever happen?

One day, but thats gonna be the far flung future. Dumping the files will happen, but then how would you actually play it. Emulating the PS4 is probably not gonna happen for a very very long time.

"Konami let us redownload PT!"

"PT? We don't know what your talking about."

"That horror teaser for Silent Hills."

"We don't know what your talking about. Are you feeling well?"

"You trying to make me look crazy. I'M NOT CRAZY!"

Top Bottom