• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

wiibomb

This is why I fucking hate digital. Seriously go fuck yourselves Konami.

I'm not fucking buying TPP new now.

Burn in fucking hell.

This is one of the main reasons why I hate digital... This kind of things never happen with physical... well at least I dont remember a case

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
God damn. Good thing I remembered the other day I had uninstalled it and re downloaded it.

Fucking Konami.

Rurunaki

If it's anything like most digital marketplaces, they don't need a patch to do that. They can just revoke the license, and in some cases delete it remotely without warning. (An eBook retailer pissed off a lot of people when they deleted books off of people's devices, at one point.)

I just realized P.T.'s about to get a lot more mysterious to people in the future now, unless they stick it on a future disc or something. Not quite Polybius, but like a Ring-style VHS tape.

"A friend of a friend has a copy of P.T. on an old PS4. They said it was TOO scary, and so the lead developer quit and they pulled it off their network."
"That's not true."
"It is! His brother keeps the PS4 locked up safe, and whenever he's asked about it, he just whispers, 'A Hideo Kojima Game.'"

Would pay to watch a film like this.

Windforce

I added the game to my download list prior to the delisting, but didn't download it.

Now I just tried and BAM. Cannot download. haha. (NA PSN here).

damn :(

I wonder if I should start downloading all my games ASAP. Looks like feeling safe for owning the 'license' doesn't mean jack shit anymore?

I find it hilarious that people assumed they would still be able to download it again after Konami had stated they were going to delist it last month.

Games get delisted all the time for different reasons and 99% of the time, you can redownload them if you've already purchases or downloaded them to your console in the past. I can still download Turtles in Time Re-Shelled on my 360 and that's be delisted.

There's no reason why they had to do this other than they're run by a bunch of assholes.

Jedi2016

I have a funny feeling that they're desperately trying to figure out a way to revoke licenses and remotely delete the game from every system that already has it downloaded.

The fuck did Kojima do to them? It's one thing to sever ties, it's like they're trying to erase him and everything he ever touched.

Stiler

Well that sucks, I added it to my account after all the peole said it'd be safe and then deleted it off my hdd.

I've been trying to keep from resorting to base reactions to all of Konami's shenanigans but,

Fuck You Konami.

There is literally no reason to do this other than being a bunch of egotistical pricks. It's a harmless demo, a prototype for whatever Silent Hills might have been. If anyone was still unsure about Konami showing nothing but contempt for their customers, this should be the tipping point.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
What an incredible decision. They really must be getting out of the VG business because they give zero fucks.

Jerks.

Slowdive

Banned
I find it hilarious that people assumed they would still be able to download it again after Konami had stated they were going to delist it last month.

Pretty sure this is the first time this has happened, with other delisted games you can still download them, same goes for Steam as well.

g1lgamesh

Neo Member
Ok, so I knew I should've bought my PS4 last week and downloaded this. It's in my library but apparently that wont do any good now.

Question for people that know about PSN:
If I buy a brand new PS4 right now, would I be able to create a EU PSN account and download it to my system?

I know this used to work for the Vita for certain demos that were JPN only, so can this work for a ps4?

ElRenoRaven

I have a funny feeling that they're desperately trying to figure out a way to revoke licenses and remotely delete the game from every system that already has it downloaded.

The fuck did Kojima do to them? It's one thing to sever ties, it's like they're trying to erase him and everything he ever touched.

No need to figure out. They just have sony expire the license next time you log into PSN. Bam it's then gone for good.

I've been trying to keep from resorting to base reactions to all of Konami's shenanigans but,

Fuck You Konami.

There is literally no reason to do this other than being a bunch of egotistical pricks. It's a harmless demo, a prototype for whatever Silent Hills might have been. If anyone was still unsure about Konami showing nothing but contempt for their customers, this should be the tipping point.
Odds are they have to pay for each download. If this game isn't even coming out then why bother paying for people to mooch the demo of it?

I mean, I don't think it's right but I can understand the business decision behind it. It's not like anyone here paid a penny for it.

Jawmuncher

Ok, so I knew I should've bought my PS4 last week and downloaded this. It's in my library but apparently that wont do any good now.

If I buy a brand new PS4 right now, would I be able to create a EU PSN account and download it to my system?

I know this used to work for the Vita for certain demos that were JPN only, so can this work for a ps4?

Nope it's off the EU now, I just checked UK.

If you downloaded it then it still works. And you can create a new account for the same PS4 and both accounts coexist, but that won't help here since it can't be bought on an EU account anymore.

So... were people expecting it to be available for download, just not purchasable? I mean, fuck Konami and all, but that's pretty naive. If they wanted to stop people from playing PT my thoughts were of course they'd go all in.

Cleve

This. Someone beg Yos to buy Konami so they can fire whoever decided to do this.

Also imagine if P.T. demo has an Expiration date/time (!!!!!) on it....we would be royally fucked.

I know it's jokes and all, but Sony really aren't in a position to buy Konami. I hope that they are able to work something out with Kojima and some of the employees though. It all seems like wishful thinking at this point though.

Mikey Jr.

I don't think so.

PT is not on ANY stores, including EU stores.

Only way you can do it now is...

1. Buy a PS4 like right now
2. Find someone with a EU account that has the game
3. Log into the EU account and download the game

You have to do this quick. And when I say quick, I mean like fucking do it now lol.

Darknight

If there was ever a case for physical media games having merit, this is it.

Yea no. This is a demo. Even if this was released a few years ago, it would be digital. Couldnt have been possible on PS2 due to old hardware. Physical vs Digital has nothing with this. This is Konami just being extra assholes and stopping people from ever redownloading it.

Games get delisted all the time for different reasons and 99% of the time, you can redownload them if you've already purchases or downloaded them to your console in the past. I can still download Turtles in Time Re-Shelled on my 360 and that's be delisted.

There's no reason why they had to do this other than they're run by a bunch of assholes.
Yup. Bought Brave Story new world PSP before delisted. Can be redownloaded to this day to my PSP and/or played on softmod Vita. (transfering from PSP to Vita)

CHC

This is unimaginably stupid. What is the end goal here? That people will just forget it existed and they'll never have to address it head on?

There is no conceivable reason why they should take the demo down other than out of embarassment for screwing up what could have been a really good thing.

Their self-sabotage is unparalleled, really.

DJMicLuv

I think it's delisted in Europe too so you'd have to have downloaded the title before last week some time. If you had downloaded the game you'd be OK for, as far as we know, the future but if you've already deleted it you've got until some time tomorrow to redownload it from your download list or the games library icon.

Gartooth

Fucking Konami. Next they're going to release a mandatory patch that happens as soon as you take your PS4 online, and the patch will wipe the game with a single start up screen saying it is unavailable.

Top Bottom