• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Wonder how many HP/ATK eggs I can stockpile before I get the final 18 RCV eggs to finish my first 297. Six and counting…

Should my second 297 be Bastet, Horus, Dmeta, Blonia, or Lu Bu? I use each of those at roughly the same frequency except for Blonia since I don't have a team for her yet.
Heh, by the time I finished my +297 Ronia, I already stockpiled over 70 +HP eggs for my FA Luci. Now his +HP is maxed but he still needs a combined +76 ATK & RCV, and I'm already sitting on over 20 +HP eggs.

As for your next +297, imo it's easily between Lu Bu and Blonia, with my preference for Lu Bu for use as a Ronia sub or leader with a Ronia, Lu Bu, D/W Batman, Hera, etc. helper.

smbu2000

Pulled 3 times each on each of my JP accounts.

Main: Yomi (2nd one!), fire dragon warrior, Wood Zhuge Liang

Newest: sylph, Durga (2nd one, got my previous one in the last godfest -_-), Pandora(yay!)

iPad: Naga, Thanatos, Sea Serpent (wow, garbage rolls all three...my Echidna is already skill max, I have Thanatos from a long time ago and I have Leviathan...)

Hakkapell

Neo Member
I had some extra money and decided to roll this Players Choice carnival? How you guys think i did?

Haku
Burning Maiden Princess Valkyrie
Lively Maiden Princess Valkyrie x2
Sea Serpent
Dryad

I was hoping to get FA Luci and Kirin but alas they are out of my reach for now lol

am_dragon

Is anyone having luck with Shinabansho Choco collab? I've spent 10 stones on it so far this week and leveled several times. I've had 2 of the dragon statues drop so that's conservatively 1000 stam or 20+ dungeon runs per drop. I didn't count my daily stamina. My Lakshmi is at lvl 9, although I doubt I'll ever use her. The colab monsters are all at level 2 or 3 despite feeding almost 40 each.

The exp, from the dungeon seems decent, so I have continued to run it but after spending 5 stones and a ton of time on it today I'm about ready to give up.

Ducarmel

That is incredibly bad.

I did not spend stones for Shinabansho runs yet, most of it is natural stamina, and rank up stamina.

I have ran it enough times to be able to feed about 20 each except for Shiva.

E.Apollo 4/20

Lakshmi 4/20

Masterion 7/20

Shiva 4/7

I even max skilled my Drawn Joker from level 2 to max in about 15+ feeds

I probably will spend a stone tonight and depending how many levels i have left i will try spend a stone or 2 on the last day.

Took down Valkyrie Mythical with my U&Y team. I'm really happy with them as my descend leader. They feel really flexible already, and I can't wait to fool around with a healer team.

I went 4/16 on Valk skillups too. Feels good, though I don't relish the idea of farming Poring Tower for just one monster.

Okay. I'm abandoning the collab dungeon. 0/7 on Shiva skillups, but that's not even the worst part. Who the fuck thought up the cute idea to make Wafer Man a part of every damn skillup mob? I have 63 skillup mobs that need Wafer Man to EVO and I have 0 Wafer Men. And I didn't even feed any to my Arthur. I think I got maybe 8 Wafer Men total. It would be alright if Wafer Man was a super common drop, but it's been the rarest drop for me besides the Dragon orb thingy and the rare invade which I actually got 2 of. I guess I'll just use the drops I got for exp. Not gonna bother keeping Masterion. The Dark exp is more valuable to me. I think the only skillups I managed were a couple Lakshmi skillups. Total failure of a collab for me with the stupid Wafer Man requirements.

am_dragon

Okay. I'm abandoning the collab dungeon. 0/7 on Shiva skillups, but that's not even the worst part. Who the fuck thought up the cute idea to make Wafer Man a part of every damn skillup mob? I have 63 skillup mobs that need Wafer Man to EVO and I have 0 Wafer Men. And I didn't even feed any to my Arthur.

That's ultimately what got me. I was happily spending stones when I noticed that I was out of box space gain and I had 25 Kaguya, a dozen of the unicorn cat things, and 1 waferman. I started keeping track and 12 runs later I had 3 additional wafermen. Making the Dragon Snow Globe thing as rare as the evo jewels is one thing, but waferman should drop MORE than everything else.

And so I'm not just complaining... I really like the new normal dungeons. I ran each of the dragons once, plus Hera and Heroes. That so nice, they seem to have decent drop rates, and they are not KOG difficult so I feel like I could experiment, team wise. I actually got a Fenrir, so maybe I can finally skill max him too.

Quantum

Okay. I'm abandoning the collab dungeon. 0/7 on Shiva skillups, but that's not even the worst part. Who the fuck thought up the cute idea to make Wafer Man a part of every damn skillup mob? I have 63 skillup mobs that need Wafer Man to EVO and I have 0 Wafer Men. And I didn't even feed any to my Arthur. I think I got maybe 8 Wafer Men total. It would be alright if Wafer Man was a super common drop, but it's been the rarest drop for me besides the Dragon orb thingy and the rare invade which I actually got 2 of. I guess I'll just use the drops I got for exp. Not gonna bother keeping Masterion. The Dark exp is more valuable to me. I think the only skillups I managed were a couple Lakshmi skillups. Total failure of a collab for me with the stupid Wafer Man requirements.

This collab has actually saved me money and gotten me to play terra battle - which I haven't spent money on yet.

The concept of needed a collab only mob to evo a skill up mob has me completely turned off.

Its almost like Gungho is letting us have the worst part of the Japanese version of the game - Here, here is a new collab but it has the most difficulty skill up path combined absolute worst skill up rates in the game.

sometimes I wish this game were less like a damned job - I generally only throw money at it when I'm having fun - and this collab - not fun.

I've been just running absolute zero for the leviathan skill ups - I've gotten 1 in about 9 feeds. Might be useless though I didn't realize water enhance overwrites physical enhance.

edit:

I have a question/looking for opinions.

I am considering the following for a pandora team, its a little atypical and can modify it, but are there any thoughts on the following?

Pandora/Blonia/Hanzo/Haku/FAL/Pandora

7 Dark row, 7 skill

Not sure if I should do D/D or D/R FAL.

matt360

Hey guys, another post looking for advice here. Rank 114, 73 Stamina and have gotten as far as Frozen Soil of Prosell for the normal dungeons. I've been running a Ronia team, with another Ronia sub (not evolved), D/W Batman busty'd and max awoken, a dub-mythlit, and a King Baddie. This team basically helped me cakewalk from Hyperion Lava Flow to where I am now.

Anyways, I'm always looking for advice on new team builds. I'll keep running my Ronia team, but I'd also like to try some other stuff. I've posted here before about this, but I've gotten quite a few new monsters that might change some things. Aside from my devil team, I'm looking to put together a decent healer team or teams and a blue team (a blue healer team is also cool). Also, I'm gonna try to evolve my Luci soon and am interested in a dark tank team if you see anything I can use there. I'm guessing I should evolve my Hera for starters.

Here's my box:

https://www.padherder.com/user/Matt360/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0;boxatt,0

Thanks guys and gals. I really appreciate any input or advice. Also, if you see anything that looks workable that I didn't specifically mention, feel free to make some suggestions.

lenni

Didn't post here in a long while, just wanted to say hi and ask some questions. :)

Heh, by the time I finished my +297 Ronia, I already stockpiled over 70 +HP eggs for my FA Luci. Now his +HP is maxed but he still needs a combined +76 ATK & RCV, and I'm already sitting on over 20 +HP eggs.

I'm kind of curios why FA Luci is valued so much now. Is it his D/D uvo being a DMeta stand-in or is there more to it? I've got 2 sitting in my box and honestly have no use for them much less wanting to put +eggs into them.

And I also recently pulled a LMeta. Are healers still strong enough to clear anything of value or should I just use her as a sub for Kirin?

And I'm always looking for more DMeta friends! I mostly run DMeta and Kirin, but some of my friends have switched to other leaders.
ID: 380,733,294

I'm kind of curios why FA Luci is valued so much now. Is it his D/D uvo being a DMeta stand-in or is there more to it? I've got 2 sitting in my box and honestly have no use for them much less wanting to put +eggs into them.
Max skill FA Luci is on a 5 turn cooldown and includes a nuke against light-based enemies so if you don't need light orb enhance, FA Luci's active is better. Initial cooldown is higher though so you really need a skilled FA Luci to reap the benefits. Devil subtype also makes it an excellent sub on devil Ronia teams.

Dmeta still has more awakenings and a better leader skill. And soon, the active will be buffed to include bind recovery so the bind immunity will be more useful.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What leaders do you have? Persophone is a great sub for devil teams (Ronia, Lu Bu, Satan, etc). Definitely a good pull, even if she doesn't fit on your current team.

Thanks, great to hear that it might be useful in the future. I dont have other strong leaders, but i have the dark starter Dragon you get on Lvl 20 in its 2x Dark ATK version, i just tried a dark only team and it worked out better than expected.

Also did a light team for fun, it seems okay as well. Switching stuff up and creating new teams is more fun than i imagined.

I have also made a a bit of progress the last 2 days with my "regular" team - getting Naga/Echidna has to be the biggest "power up" i got in the game so far. Finally i have time to get my U&Y combo ready on the boss stage before getting demolished. This team paired with Isis, Izanagi or DQ&XC friends means mostly 1 hit boss kills ( if i can get to the final stage) at the current levels im playing. If i could also get my hands on Yomi i woul have a solid team imo + strong friend.

From the guys in my main team - who should i level up the most right now ? It kinda feels at this point that leveling up these monster doesnt really make a difference. Would love to evolve U&Y to its next form, but im missing half of the evo materials needed and havent seen the rest.

About that Padherder page - do you have to add every monster you own manually ? :eek:

lenni

Max skill FA Luci is on a 5 turn cooldown and includes a nuke against light-based enemies so if you don't need light orb enhance, FA Luci's active is better. Initial cooldown is higher though so you really need a skilled FA Luci to reap the benefits. Devil subtype also makes it an excellent sub on devil Ronia teams.

Dmeta still has more awakenings and a better leader skill. And soon, the active will be buffed to include bind recovery so the bind immunity will be more useful.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. As I don't have a Ronia I guess I'll just leave him be for now.

Hey guys, another post looking for advice here. Rank 114, 73 Stamina and have gotten as far as Frozen Soil of Prosell for the normal dungeons. I've been running a Ronia team, with another Ronia sub (not evolved), D/W Batman busty'd and max awoken, a dub-mythlit, and a King Baddie. This team basically helped me cakewalk from Hyperion Lava Flow to where I am now.

Anyways, I'm always looking for advice on new team builds. I'll keep running my Ronia team, but I'd also like to try some other stuff. I've posted here before about this, but I've gotten quite a few new monsters that might change some things. Aside from my devil team, I'm looking to put together a decent healer team or teams and a blue team (a blue healer team is also cool). Also, I'm gonna try to evolve my Luci soon and am interested in a dark tank team if you see anything I can use there. I'm guessing I should evolve my Hera for starters.

Here's my box:

https://www.padherder.com/user/Matt360/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0;boxatt,0

Thanks guys and gals. I really appreciate any input or advice. Also, if you see anything that looks workable that I didn't specifically mention, feel free to make some suggestions.
Your healer team potential is insane. I&I leader with Blue Valk, Hatsume, Sun Quon, Lakshmi is an awesome team. 8 row enhances with an I&I friend, burst/delay from sun quon, and a couple of orb changers gives you a lot of burst potential.

Ducarmel

And I also recently pulled a LMeta. Are healers still strong enough to clear anything of value or should I just use her as a sub for Kirin?
L.Meta got a hp boost to healers on her leader skill and should be almost on par with I&I as top healer team leaders

I have a question/looking for opinions.

I am considering the following for a pandora team, its a little atypical and can modify it, but are there any thoughts on the following?

Pandora/Blonia/Hanzo/Haku/FAL/Pandora

7 Dark row, 7 skill

Not sure if I should do D/D or D/R FAL.
Both are substitutes to better gods as leaders. I think the attacker is better, you got hanzo, I bet you can get attacker lilith, and with your history of Drunk REM pulling i bet you have 2 or 3 Gyrps Riders. If you don't care about making an attacker team then I guess you have to decide if the hp lose is to much of negative to go D/D.

Here's my box:

I&I healer team is nearly complete, Gabriel or U&Y would complete it.

I&I , Sun Quan, Blue Valk, Hatsume, the last spot DQXQ or Lakshmi.

Amaterasu got a buff to her leader skill so if you interested in a tank team Ama/Grodin team might be something to look at.

Ducarmel

If your box is correct and you have three Sonia s you should get them all evolved and run Sonia x 3 /Buddie /Vamp/Lilith , if you can roll a Haku or FA Luci, consider the game completed.
lol he does not even have the cost to evolve the second one to use on his Ronia team.

He needs to make it to rank 190 / 206 team cost to use 3 evolve Ronia and evo Haku and FA luci

From the guys in my main team - who should i level up the most right now ? It kinda feels at this point that leveling up these monster doesnt really make a difference. Would love to evolve U&Y to its next form, but im missing half of the evo materials needed and havent seen the rest.

About that Padherder page - do you have to add every monster you own manually ? :eek:
From those screenshots, the ones who will be useful to you for the longest time would be U/Y and Echidna so I'd prioritize leveling them. The rest will likely be replaced once you get better subs.

I believe there's an app to automate the Padherder updates but not sure how reliable it is.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Since you're on Android you can use padlistener to do it for you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.neraud.padlistener&hl=en

Thanks, just tried it and it worked out. Very cool.

https://www.padherder.com/user/cw_sasuke/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0;default,0

From those screenshots, the ones who will be useful to you for the longest time would be U/Y and Echidna so I'd prioritize leveling them. The rest will likely be replaced once you get better subs.

I believe there's an app to automate the Padherder updates but not sure how reliable it is.

Sounds about right - thanks, now that they have their 2x Attack skills i dont think i will continue spending into the dragons. Echidna would be my next choice, until i get the Evo material for U&Y.

btw. You can take a look at my Padherder Box as well, is there someone i should level or put in one of these teams ?

Taz

lol he does not even have the cost to evolve the second one to use on his Ronia team.

He needs to make it to rank 190 / 206 team cost to use 3 evolve Ronia and evo Haku and FA luci

I don't see were I said he could do that right now , plus the fact it was kinda a joke post but never mind

Quantum

Both are substitutes to better gods as leaders. I think the attacker is better, you got hanzo, I bet you can get attacker lilith, and with your history of Drunk REM pulling i bet you have 2 or 3 Gyrps Riders. If you don't care about making an attacker team then I guess you have to decide if the hp lose is to much of negative to go D/D.

2 actually.

I don't lack for team options. I decided on a healer team, Blonia team and pandora team to work on after messing around/wasting time with a GGY team amongst others.

with padlistener I've dumped my account although its not pretty - I never seem to stick with one team for any length of time. I did end up feeding a bunch of dupe REMs but then stopped doing that.

and as an aside, while some of the marathon pulls happened while drinking - a good bunch happened the following day, angry that I didn't get what I wanted - Gungho has my number.

www.padherder.com/user/island_new

Quantum

Wife pulled 10 times in this Player's choice carnival, only 2 gods, DQXQ and Minerva. What a joke.

I refrained because I had most of the "choice" mobs - that being said, I would be hesitant to pull outside of a god fest - and will not likely

unless of course the DC REM is super.

Quantum

Is the S rank reward for first win only?

no -

The S rank waits for every error you make -

For Example - you can mess up many times with a lower score - you will ONLY get the Tamadra for obtaining the "s" rank - but you can mess up plenty of times.

from experience.

Yes. The Tamadra reward only happens the first time you S rank a dungeon.

totally right (didn't read this before posting) - unless he ment can you run the dungeon only once for the reward.

I'm thinking of working on a low cost(10 cost 4 star) team. I don't have an uneveolved DD batman so i'm thinking about this...

Robin, Robin, Dragon Knight, Copperhead, King Woodie.

Mono green balanced team. Not sure if this is in any way good for a low cost team but any help would be appreciated.

razterik

totally right (didn't read this before posting) - unless he ment can you run the dungeon only once for the reward.

Didn't think of it that way, but yeah, you can attempt the S rank as many times as necessary to earn the Tamadra. Quitting, failing, or achieving lower ranks does not affect the reward in any way.

jiggle

Ah fuck forgot to pop baddie with ronia on Hera ur
Wasted all that stamina

no -

The S rank waits for every error you make -

For Example - you can mess up many times with a lower score - you will ONLY get the Tamadra for obtaining the "s" rank - but you can mess up plenty of times.

Yes. The Tamadra reward only happens the first time you S rank a dungeon.

Uthred

Havent played this in ages, opened it up, got my 500 days reward, rolled once because I forgot the rules of Godfest, got Haku. Game clearly trying to lure me back in ;)

Lol. Went in blind on DQs skillup dungeon using LZL. Fucking why do preemptives exist everywhere? Why? And then why make a new special God that requires full hp?

J0dy77

Any word on the Godfest for this event? Will it coincide with player's choice? Just got my 650 day bonus. Stones burning a hole in my pocket. After last godfest i'm settling in for the disapointment though.

I'm probably going to roll a couple of times on Wednesday even if there isn't a godfest, more if there is a good one. I rolled on my old account just for kicks and got a Haku, which is a top 3 roll for me right now on my new account. Kind of depressing since the chances of me rolling her on both accounts is slim. On the other hand I now have a potentially awesome Haku team on the account I rarely play anymore...

Uthred

I remember wanting Yomi for ages and never getting her, now that I have her Ive forgotten why I wanted her. Whats she good for again? Just general utility?

Quantum

I remember wanting Yomi for ages and never getting her, now that I have her Ive forgotten why I wanted her. Whats she good for again? Just general utility?

I wanted one a long time ago for the active skill - change the world.

it gives 10 seconds to move anything anywhere - an integral part of setting up elaborate multiple combos - generally used to set up great spikes on end bosses, and a staple of a one true god team.

Quick question for anybody who has farmed the dragon knight dungeons for 3 kingdoms skill ups. How are the drop rates and what difficulty do you recommend?

Hige

I just ran master on increased drop rate days. I think that's probably the best since it's not guaranteed you'll even see it on int or expert. I didn't like running legend because the drop rate didn't seem much better and I would mess up on the ogres sometimes and get killed lol. I'm so annoyed they lowered Sun Quan and Liu Bei's skill by one turn right after their dungeons disappeared. -_-

Jagernaut

I agree, they are not a guaranteed drop even on legend so master on 2x days is the most efficient use of stamina.

I max skilled Sun Quan and will need 1 more skillup when they lower it.

Top Bottom