• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break PC is a mess (non-native render, badly optimized, overpriced, etc)

Ricky_R

It's like some people forgot what they said while they have been blindly defending this shit over the past few months.

Credit to Zedox as he's at least been sensible enough to stay away from this thread.

You just summoned him. He shall rise now with a cringey self reaction gif.

I don't really want to go through hassle of refunding the game and rebuying it again later.

I think I'm just going to hold out for a patch. Remedy seems like a great dev and I'm confident they'll fix these problems.

Vitor711

Anyone here not get their PC code yet with the Xbox One digital preorder? I got the Alan Wake: AN code earlier today but nothing on the PC front.

The Xbox one resolution, some weird lighting glitches and the FPS/limited FoV are working to give me motion sickness. Need to see if the PC version fixes that at all.

notaskwid

Wait it's been pirated already?

giphy.gif

People can now eat shit sandwiches for free without having to worry about getting viruses. Somebody give Microsoft a Nobel peace prize.
Thank you Microsoft for protecting all the good pirates out there!

tumblr_inline_o4i8ypRBhY1tinwwq_500.gif

tuxfool

Banned
Anyone here not get their PC code yet with the Xbox One digital preorder? I got the Alan Wake: AN code earlier today but nothing on the PC front.

The Xbox one resolution, some weird lighting glitches and the FPS/limited FoV are working to give me motion sickness. Need to see if the PC version fixes that at all.

Lol.

GHG

The PC version doesn't fix any of that unfortunately.

This was someone at Remedy's response when somebody asked about having a FOV option...:

By adjusting FOV, do you really mean FOV or draw distance? The FOV is automatically adjusted when aiming and during cinematics, look-ats etc. Not sure if making it more adjustable would benefit that much, unless you're a big fan of fisheye lenses or really tight close-ups of the back of Jack's head.

http://community.remedygames.com/fo...odes-and-fov-for-pc-not-available-in-settings

Although that was before this mess of a port launched so one can only hope that they have since changed their mind.

nynt9

Shin-Ra

So pirates are playing the game before people that actually preordered the game for Xbone to get the PC version free?

It's like some people forgot what they said while they have been blindly defending this shit over the past few months.

Credit to Zedox as he's at least been sensible enough to stay away from this thread.
I think the poor fellas too busy making animated gifs of himself whilst waiting for next years //build.
JDUjonO.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The PC version doesn't fix any of that unfortunately.

This was someone at Remedy's response when somebody asked about having a FOV option...:

http://community.remedygames.com/fo...odes-and-fov-for-pc-not-available-in-settings

Although that was before this mess of a port launched so one can only hope that they have since changed their mind.

Reminds me of this response to the question of whether or not Alan Wake is actually running at 720p as earlier claimed. Remedy has something of a tendency to put its foot in its mouth when commenting on technical matters.

Reminds me of this response to the question of whether or not Alan Wake is actually running at 720p as earlier claimed. Remedy has something of a tendency to put its foot in its mouth when commenting on technical matters.
That thread is amazing, at least two Remedy employees claiming that the game was 720p and that the pixel count (which was confirmed by DF) was based on poorly captured footage. Yikes.

Zedox

Wow. Really?? My name is being dropped and talking bout my gifs and I'm hardly saying anything?? Yall really need to stop. Don't yall have shit to bitch about and not talk about other users? Need I remind all that I don't talk to yall like that. Not anyone of you. Keep it to yourselves.

Remedy needs to fix their game for PC gamers, period. Yall wanna talk about UWP, yall go for it, I'm not touching yalll repetitiveness of what yall don't like. It's irritating to repeat myself.

metalhead79

Neo Member
Wow. Really?? My name is being dropped and talking bout my gifs and I'm hardly saying anything?? Yall really need to stop. Don't yall have shit to bitch about and not talk about other users? Need I remind all that I don't talk to yall like that. Not anyone of you. Keep it to yourselves.

Remedy needs to fix their game for PC gamers, period. Yall wanna talk about UWP, yall go for it, I'm not touching yalll repetitiveness of what yall don't like. It's irritating to repeat myself.

I think the gifs are funny, dude. In a 'so bad it's good way'. Like Babymetal. Keep it up.

Has Remedy said anything about fixing the PC version?

Zedox

I think the gifs are funny, dude. In a 'so bad it's good way'. Like Babymetal. Keep it up.

Has Remedy said anything about fixing the PC version?

I don't care if people like it or not, I do it for myself, not others. But I don't talk about people off hand. It's rude and I'm sure it's not something that is not supposed to be tolerated here. That's what I don't like.

All I do know is that the Remedy rep on their forums have put people's issues (don't know specifically which ones) in their queue for their developers.

Did a bit of research into what pirates are doing... I'm actually really interested to see how people are (or aren't) able to pirate UWP applications, as that says a lot about how locked down the platform really is.

Right now... it sounds pretty bad for the pirates. Sure, the game launches, but it knows that it isn't a legitimate copy. In addition to giving the protagonist an eye patch, the game seems to impose some sort of constant health drain. It aparentally doesn't make the game unplayable, but it does make it pretty annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs pulled some type of Earthbound-style gotcha toward the end.

That said... from what I can tell, there's nothing particularly "clever" about this DRM system (as opposed to something like Denuvo which is —from my standpoint—a legitimately impressive piece of technology). Microsoft is just being super-aggressive about online activation checks. The fact that this works (at least in the short term) isn't news—it's just annoying as heck.

FuturusX

I don't care if people like it or not, I do it for myself, not others. But I don't talk about people off hand. It's rude and I'm sure it's not something that is not supposed to be tolerated here. That's what I don't like.

All I do know is that the Remedy rep on their forums have put people's issues (don't know specifically which ones) in their queue for their developers.

Wait...a minute. You post animated GIFs of yourself on a public forum.....and they are intended just for you?

Think about that for a minute.

Anyway, the personal attacks definitely are a no go. Regardless.

But back to the scheduled programming. Any word from MS or Remedy on the issues?

So, I did a bit of reading regarding the pirated version.
Besides the pirate eye patch, there's also health drain that'll gimp you throughout the game. Basically, it's the ultimate difficulty version.

Edit: beaten by Wowfunhapp.

prag16

Banned
Wait...a minute. You post animated GIFs of yourself on a public forum.....and they are intended just for you?
Christ, the dude's just having some fun. No clue why his gifs seem to get some people's underpants in a twist. Tough crowd.

Zedox

Think about that for a minute.

Anyway, the personal attacks definitely are a no go. Regardless.

But back to the scheduled programming. Any word from MS or Remedy on the issues?
It's fun. That's all.

I already stated that I just know that Remedy put issues in dev queue. That's All I know.

FuturusX

Christ, the dude's just having some fun. No clue why his gifs seem to get some people's underpants in a twist. Tough crowd.
More power to him. I am just saying if you post images of yourself in a public space it's not private and for you. It's for everyone whom sees it.

People are reacting to reaction GIFs, tough crowd perhaps, but hey that's the Internet.

Anyway. Nuff said. My apologies.

Vitor711

So pirates are playing the game before people that actually preordered the game for Xbone to get the PC version free?

So that's a no to the PC version being sent out yet?

I know the PC port is a mess, but I had no idea they hadn't even bothered to message the codes that come free with the Xbone digital preorder. That's crazy. Real second-class citizen situation here.

Zedox

Was that before or after their passive aggressive comments and/or dismissal of some of the complaints?

It's always been fun and I've had self gifs years ago before GAF has seen them. You want to know more about me and or why I do what I do, pm. This thread has a topic.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
It's always been fun and I've had self gifs years ago before GAF has seen them. You want to know more about me and or why I do what I do, pm. This thread has a topic.

I think he was talking about Remedy man... =]

Zedox

I think he was talking about Remedy man... =]

Ah yes, definitely read that totally wrong, my apologies. I don't know the timing. But knowing development, their job isnt PR, they just code. Hopefully they really put it in the queue. Only time will tell. Not good, it's a great game, I wish more people can play it. #shrug

Hey recent posters, welcome to the shitshow buffet.

The line starts in the back. But don't worry! There's enough for everyone!

May I recommend you start with some crudités. We have shit on puff pastry, shit on a stick, and bullshit a flambé.

For the main course, well you're in for a treat! It's the Shit Sandwich. Please, take one. Take two! There's plenty to go around!

And don't forget for dessert, we have a nice shit fountain.

Welcome!

Hey recent posters, welcome to the shitshow buffet.

The line starts in the back. But don't worry! There's enough for everyone!

May I recommend you start with some crudités. We have shit on puff pastry, shit on a stick, and bullshit a flambé.

For the main course, well you're in for a treat! It's the Shit Sandwich. Please, take one. Take two! There's plenty to go around!

And don't forget for dessert, we have a nice shit fountain.

Welcome!

Well I don't know if that sounds appealing to me, but at least it exists.

LewieP

So is this a quantum break thread? If so, what are the chances of MS lowering the pc version price?

I doubt MS will do any serious discounts for a long time.

There will probably be plenty of Xbox One owners trying to offload their PC key for cheap once the keys go out.

prag16

Banned
This is OK, I was weak too a few years ago and bought a bunch of Steam games with SecuROM even though I swore I'd never do that. The problem is when you actually start believing the "You people should be grateful that these big companies are allowing you the privilege of paying for this horrible port" bullshit, like a couple of GAFfers did some pages ago.

I'm not about to go around shitting on people for "not being grateful". But me, personally, well I guess grateful isn't quite the right word. But I'm happy I don't have to buy an xbone now for just one game. If they fix it, all the better. I'll no doubt do multiple playthroughs, so I'll at least hold out for my second one for a while in hopes of improvements, even if I'm not totally "unhappy" with the current state.

And for the record while the blatant MS defenders are out of their minds, I also feel like it's disingenuous to go around telling people, "lol, even if you have a 980ti you're FUCKED." The blatant apologists are out of line, but the "other side" isn't devoid of some hyperbole either.

Top Bottom