• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break PC is a mess (non-native render, badly optimized, overpriced, etc)

Maximo

Holy crap. I figured reviewers would of received both versions a few days before release. Yeah I'm surprised. I guess twitch streamers and youtubers take priority over gaming outlets these days. lol

They totally do its why companies are starting to not go to E3, people make funny memes and laugh at your conferences if it's bad. BUT if you only invite Fans/Bloggers/Youtubers and Streamers to your own event then you get a much more positive response.

LCGeek

formerly sane
EP1XvQ2.gif

EDIT: Holy crap I was wrong! ONLY NOW have I seen everything on the internet!

Sir, a shit sandwich is indeed NOT better than no sandwich. What the hell is happening today?

2nd EDIT: I mean, I just cannot FATHOM this last bit.

A sandwich, MADE OF SHIT, is better than no sandwich. THAT is the argument being made by our friend Lima.

Lima, it's a sandwich MADE OF FECES. A Fecalwich! POOP SUBS are not better than NO SUBS.

The words "Sandwich" and "Shit" should never be placed together as being better to some other comparable thing!

Surely, can we seriously not all agree that no sandwiches are better than shit sandwiches?

Is that the state of discourse on GAF these days? Where someone will argue for shit sandwiches because they've gone so far down a road in an argument?

Let's join hands over the internet and proclaim, together, "No sandwich is better than a shit sandwich".

Seriously, if we can't do this, then what hope is there for any of us?

Someone else said it, But I just spat on my food laughing at this.

As for begging the question about Neogaf, I think someone should gif quote you. Yes this is how it happens at gaf and if don't think the bottom can't go any lower a post like that is always awaiting you.

Luckydog

The biggest thing I hate is I was hoping this would be a "transition game" for me. I have been a console gamer for a while and used PC really only for strategy games and sims. I just built a new rig and when this came along I thought "Great, get it digital on Xbox, get both versions, see first hand how the master race lives when I run them side by side".

I haven't gotten my PC code yet so I'm holding off on playing at all, but all of this is really disheartening. Lots of blame to go around.

That's like saying a shit sandwich is better than no sandwich.

Which is true. Your point is?

EP1XvQ2.gif

Okay. NOW I've seen everything on the internet.

Sir, a shit sandwich is indeed NOT better than no sandwich. What the hell is happening today?

A sandwich, MADE OF SHIT, is better than no sandwich. THAT is the argument being made by our friend Lima.

Lima, it's a sandwich MADE OF FECES. A Fecalwich! POOP SUBS are not better than NO SUBS.

The words "Sandwich" and "Shit" should never be placed together as being better to some other comparable thing!

Surely, can we seriously not all agree that no sandwiches are better than shit sandwiches?

Is that the state of discourse on GAF these days? Where someone will argue for shit sandwiches because they've gone so far down a road in an argument?

Let's join hands over the internet and proclaim, together, "No sandwich is better than a shit sandwich".

I'm glad I dropped into the thread to see this XD

mosdl

What is interesting is the main Windows 10 Store page doesn't even mention the game, but does show KI. You'd think they would be pushing the game more.

The biggest thing I hate is I was hoping this would be a "transition game" for me. I have been a console gamer for a while and used PC really only for strategy games and sims. I just built a new rig and when this came along I thought "Great, get it digital on Xbox, get both versions, see first hand how the master race lives when I run them side by side".

I haven't gotten my PC code yet so I'm holding off on playing at all, but all of this is really disheartening. Lots of blame to go around.

Honestly UWP games are just not suitable to transitioning players like you. Just install Steam/Origin/GOG/whatever you like and enjoy thousands of perfectly good PC games. Otherwise wait for //build/ next year when they are going to announce how the platform will get better and every issue fixed.

What is interesting is the main Windows 10 Store page doesn't even mention the game, but does show KI. You'd think they would be pushing the game more.

That changed this morning, I believe. When the game was first released, it was on the main page.

Corpekata

Banned

Probably just a day to day thing, and KI did just come out so they want to push it too. QB was on the front page the other day.

Luckydog

Honestly UWP games are just not suitable to transitioning players like you. Just install Steam/Origin/GOG/whatever you like and enjoy thousands of perfectly good PC games. Otherwise wait for //build/ next year when they are going to announce how the platform will get better and every issue fixed.

I have all of those and plenty of good games to play. I have been a PC gamer for a while but just ignored things like BLOPS or assassins creed on PC even though they looked better on PC and just focused on games I could only get on PC. Civilization and Kerbal are 2 big ones.

You are right on the timing though. It just worked out that I figured with underpowered consoles I would move whole hog to PC and see what all this stunning graphical power could buy me and QB was just the first. Oh well. I will probably just bang it out on Xbox One as it does look like an interesting game. Sell the PC code on B/S/T, and find a better candidate to show the leading edge.

EDIT: I will say I dont blame this all on UWP. Killer Instinct was seamless for me and has run beautiful. Playing back and forth on Xbox and PC. Its not a powerhouse and has limitations with monitor refresh, but awesome KI is stil awesome KI.

nynt9

Truly the place for AAA gaming:

c2AsUsR.png

I like the wannabe Heartstone app, I play a lot of HS so somehow it knew to recommend it to me. Too bad real HS isn't on the windows store!

QB wasn't anywhere in the top crawler.

This is what I get when I click "Games"

t9VJGyo.png

tuxfool

Banned

c2AsUsR.png

I like the wannabe Heartstone app, I play a lot of HS so somehow it knew to recommend it to me. Too bad real HS isn't on the windows store!

QB wasn't anywhere in the top crawler.

And people whine about the trashware and mobile ports on Steam.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
http://i.imgur.com/EP1XvQ2.gif

Ahahah seriously man, wtf at some of these posters snorting that green crack and regurgitating the same bullshieeet lines over and over again like a broken record.

Trup1aya

Snip

That's wierd. When I checked last night, the games section had a crawler similar to the home section.

In it was Gears of War, Killer Instict, Quantum Break, and Minecraft Win 10 Edition.

QB was top center.

I do think KI was the only AAA game in the home crawler.

That's wierd. When I checked last night, the games section had a crawler similar to the home section.

In it was Gears of War, Killer Instict, Quantum Break, and Minecraft Win 10 Edition.

I do think KI was the only AAA game in the home crawler.

It's currently listed in the Games section crawler, not under "Top Games" because of its current ranking (3.2).

It's listed under "Featured Games", too.

Solobbos

Wait wait wait wait wait. It's seriously 70 fucking euros?!? Is there some 40% tax I'm missing here because I thought $60 games were 50 euros?

Yup, 70 euros as in 79.65 dollars, at least in Finland. Not sure about other euro countries.

This is pretty rare, normally 60 dollar games are 60 euros, which in itself is quite embarrassing.

Ascheroth

Yup, 70 euros as in 79.65 dollars, at least in Finland. Not sure about other euro countries.

This is pretty rare, normally 60 dollar games are 60 euros, which in itself is quite embarrassing.

It's 70€ in all euro countries as far as I know. Embarassing.

Ascheroth

Holy shit. It is 70 euros everywhere. Not only do they want to sell you a shit sandwich they want to sell it to our European friends at a premium?

There's a middle manager somewhere who needs to be fired.

The certification process to get games into the Windows Store isn't cheap, you know? That's the UWP tax we have to pay so that Microsoft can make sure games and patches only release in perfect condition! (lol)

Henkka

Banned
Wait wait wait wait wait. It's seriously 70 fucking euros?!? Is there some 40% tax I'm missing here because I thought $60 games were 50 euros?

For comparison, Dark Souls III is 60 euros on Steam. So yeah, QB is 10 euros more than a regular triple-A release on Steam.

iNvid02

1x quantum break - €50.00

additional charges:
  • hosting the 4k streaming video - 10 euros
  • not willing to pay for xbl tax - 5 euros
  • fuck you, just fuck you - 5 euros
-------------------
total - 70 euros
-------------------

Papacheeks

Banned
OMG, I come back to check on the thread and it's Shit Sandwiches, and poop subs.

I'm dying, I literally sitting in my engineering chair crying.

My hat goes to Cosmic and the rest of gaf for cheering me up today lol.

Well there's the theory that if you price lets say a shit sandwich at an abnormally high price, people will perceive higher value than lets say a normal sandwich. All about that psychological pricing.

Is there a way you can apply to be an astroturfer? Like is there a form you fill up or an interview you have to attend? Or is it just work pawned off on random interns who aren't doing much else?

Because it seems to me that it must be a fairly lucrative gig given how hard some people in this thread are defending UWPs, the Win 10 store and Microsoft.

Holy shit I'm really not sure what Microsoft's plan is. It's a brand new platform that they're trying to build mindshare for. Your highest priority should be that it delivers the definitive experience with great value. At E3 for their PC segment they might as well have a middle manager walk on stage, take a dump on a gaming machine and then walk off. At least it would be honest.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Well there's the theory that if you price lets say a shit sandwich at an abnormally high price, people will perceive higher value than lets say a normal sandwich. All about that psychological pricing.
Indeed. This is where the shit-sandwich transcends it's very essence and becomes a delicacy due to that elite perception!

Finished the game, thought it was great apart from the bigger picture story stuff (I kinda predicted the ending and hoped I was wrong, but I wasnt)

Performance was all over the place. At times it was a silky smooth 60 fps 1080p at other times 30 fps or below for seemingly no particular reason - eg it would sometimes perform poorly in just a building interior with no enemies, then perform great in a more detailed environment. This is on a 32GB 4790K Titan X on ultra for everything except shadows dropped one notch (when I did that I thought it fixed the framerate issues but it was only temporary. I didnt notice a visual difference so kept it as is). I missed having an option to download video though since every now and then it got jerky (plus - is there a time limit their servers will provide the streams? can I play this 10 years from now?)

It really is a shame the PC performs so poorly, the game looks incredible once the crazy effects become commonplace. I felt that I had a superior experience to xbox 1, but not dramatically so - and being unable to keep 1080 60 fps is nuts for such a powerful PC in comparison to X1, especially given the bizarre low res/blurry stuff happening. the LOD is hilariously ineffective if you use the Left trigger a lot viewing environments, eg the trees pop between detail levels incredibly noticeably

Mifec

So much for UWP as a prevention to piracty, apparently the game has been "crarcked", it requires W10 pro but it's fully playable rofl.

Oh Microsoft what are you doing :(

Top Bottom