• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Review Thread

TheKeyPit

Banned
Weird, I pre-ordered QB on the xbox store and it was installing on the app section instead of games.

I deleted the game, and re-installed, and now it went on the games section. Never happened before.

You are not alone:

Sorry to bump, but I need help and some questions.

This addon cannot be downloaded yet, right? For me it says bundle only.

I made the QB preorder, try to preload it, but just a black icon appears in my apps section (not in the games list) and QB icon is placed in the ready to install list. If I try to install it again, the process repeats, leaving a blavk icon on my apps... What is up?

Theorry

Does the console bundle also include a key for the PC version?

"Xbox wants to empower gamers to play the games they want with the people they want on the devices they want, so Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment will launch Quantum Break on Windows 10 simultaneously with the Xbox One version on April 5, 2016. Anyone who pre-orders the Xbox One digital version of Quantum Break through the Xbox Store, purchases an Xbox One digital token at participating retailers, or pre-orders an Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break bundle, will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code.*"

Holy shit balls

My broken Xbox One which had gotten the error due to an update that supposedly broke it... it fixed itself?

I had it in its box this whole time, plugged it in today and it downloaded an update. Downloading another right now.

Shit y'all guess I'll see you in the OT didn't expect to be able to play this game.

edit: wait no nvm lmao. Plugged in ethernet and it gave me the same error. Gonna try to do the USB method to see if it can fix this.

olimpia84

Is Alan Wake only available if you preorder the game or will it be some kind of voucher inside the game case? I will rather wait a bit for a price drop but at the same time want to play Alan Wake since I never owned a 360

Theorry

Is Alan Wake only available if you preorder the game or will it be some kind of voucher inside the game case? I will rather wait a bit for a price drop but at the same time want to play Alan Wake since I never owned a 360

Alan Wake with every game. American Nightmare only if you pre order on the store or some retailers.

burgerdog

"Xbox wants to empower gamers to play the games they want with the people they want on the devices they want, so Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment will launch Quantum Break on Windows 10 simultaneously with the Xbox One version on April 5, 2016. Anyone who pre-orders the Xbox One digital version of Quantum Break through the Xbox Store, purchases an Xbox One digital token at participating retailers, or pre-orders an Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break bundle, will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code.*"

You're the man, thanks a lot for this. Going to pull the trigger, I already have Sunset Overdrive and Gears waiting as well.

Daniel R

Half-decent reviews and less than 10 hours to finish. I guess I will wait for it to reach 50% off in a sale before I buy it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
7MB download, 1MB upload

I'm only downloading the game, but after that I'll try to download the episodes too
Are you sure it's 7MB/s and not 7Mb/s?
If it's the former then it should only take you about 2 hours. If the latter then about 16 hours.

Why am I NOT surprised at all at who this is
Oh I assumed he was doing a digital preorder as the game is still unreleased. If they are using a disc then only the patch affects the speed.
I went back and read his post again and you're probably right; he's probably downloading it digitally. My bad
This fucking guy

I don't usually like using this word, but that is embarrassing.
What word?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The reviews have landed about where i expected them to land. Its, at its core, a bog standard third person shooter with certain gimmicks(time powers, weird TV segments that dont really mesh all that well).

I don't fault the game for that, i'd expect the original Uncharted or Gears of war trilogies to score far lower than they originally did had they come out today as well. Reviewers just seem to have moved on.

But if your looking for those kinds of games with some potential interesting spins on it, i also see why many were giving it glowing scores too

Ouch, I was a huge fan of Alan Wake and considered this a day one but the gamespot review greatly reduced my hype and interest

Jeff and his Giant Bomb review seem to get a lot of attention (I have disagreed with his scores in the past so dont put much weight on that alone), but the text of the gamespot review sounds very disappointing

Embarrassing. I feel like it's insanely overused when it comes to gamers.
I never thought I'd be playing devils advocate for this mothafucker, but I just went and watched his review and he did say something that got me thinking.

The person who reviewed this game and gave the controversial low score went on record saying he didn't like 3rd person shooters. Crapgamer said that means they definitely wouldn't choose this guy to review Uc4 to save face against a low score he'd give that.

However, to counter crapgamer, there is way more to a game review than just th genre of the game you are reviewing.

Played a good hour of it tonight, loved it - felt the story was good ( so far ) and it looks incredible. I'm not a pixel counter so I don't know about the dynamic resolution etc - I just know it looked really nice. Looking forward to playing some more tomorrow :)

aravuus

I never thought I'd be playing devils advocate for this mothafucker, but I just went and watched his review and he did say something that got me thinking.

The person who reviewed this game and gave the controversial low score went on record saying he didn't like 3rd person shooters. Crapgamer said that means they definitely wouldn't choose this guy to review Uc4 to save face against a low score he'd give that.

However, to counter crapgamer, there is way more to a game review than just th genre of the game you are reviewing.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, eh?

Jingo

Jeff and his Giant Bomb review seem to get a lot of attention (I have disagreed with his scores in the past so dont put much weight on that alone), but the text of the gamespot review sounds very disappointing

Everything that its negative its always louder, a goalkeeper can make 100 impossible defenses, buf if he fails one easy shot he will be crucified.

God...Not this fucking guy again.

Still can't believe the dude is real.

Misterxmedia is worse. Says Phil Spencer made Tim Sweeney his bitch and that the XBox One has the first DX12 GPU in a console that MS will "unlock" with a patch....and the "port" on the left side of the console is for a second GPU....like what.

although every community has its crazy people.

Misterxmedia is worse. Says Phil Spencer made Tim Sweeney his bitch and that the XBox One has the first DX12 GPU in a console that MS will "unlock" with a patch....and the "port" on the left side of the console is for a second GPU....like what.

Yeah, I've never looked into some of that guy's stuff but I've heard plenty of references to the crazy.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

He's more than likely a fakeboy anyway.

Top Bottom