• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Review Thread

Chobel

I never thought I'd be playing devils advocate for this mothafucker, but I just went and watched his review and he did say something that got me thinking.

The person who reviewed this game and gave the controversial low score went on record saying he didn't like 3rd person shooters. Crapgamer said that means they definitely wouldn't choose this guy to review Uc4 to save face against a low score he'd give that.

However, to counter crapgamer, there is way more to a game review than just th genre of the game you are reviewing.

Jeff Gerstmann did say that? Because I believe it's bullshit. Heck RoTTR was in his top 10 best 2015 games list.

Completed the first act just now. I'm absolutely in love with it at the moment. Spent ages taking screenshots too. Game is beautiful at times.

The gunplay and time manipulation powers are really satisfying to experiment with.

kpaadet

I never thought I'd be playing devils advocate for this mothafucker, but I just went and watched his review and he did say something that got me thinking.

The person who reviewed this game and gave the controversial low score went on record saying he didn't like 3rd person shooters. Crapgamer said that means they definitely wouldn't choose this guy to review Uc4 to save face against a low score he'd give that.

However, to counter crapgamer, there is way more to a game review than just th genre of the game you are reviewing.
Maybe you shouldn't believe everything he says, I would at least like to know when Jeff said he didn't like 3rd person shooters. He liked Vanquish, The Division and gave 5/5 to Gears 3 and plenty more, not really sure why I'm defending him against an idiot like crapgamer.

Jeff Gerstmann did say that? Because I believe it's bullshit. Heck RoTTR was in his top 10 best 2015 games list.

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything he says, I would at least like to know when Jeff said he didn't like 3rd person shooters. He liked Vanquish, The Division and gave 5/5 to Gears 3 and plenty more, not really sure why I'm defending him against an idiot like crapgamer.

na, I'll take that back because I don't know for sure if the guy said he doesn't like tpss. I was just going off of what crapgamer said, I realize that's not smart

Kevin

Yeah Poets of the Fall really made an awesome soundtrack for Alan Wake. I hope if Alan Wake 2 ever becomes a thing then Poets of the Fall will return. It has too!

Sorry if asked but if we ordered via the Xbox Store...when do we get access to Alan Wake? Because atm Alan Wake still wants me to buy it.

I believe Xbox will send a message with all the codes; AW, AWAN, and the Win10 version.

any deals on this game? also how does this work for pc... can the code be sold?

Like I said above, Xbox will send a message out with a redeemable code. So you can do what you like with it, won't advocate one way or the other...

what's poets of the fall?

Finnish band that's had music in every Remedy title since Max Payne 2.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why is this thread quoting anything by that pathetic slob crapgamer? Come on peeps, we are better than this.

After his "rice" comments about Japanese developers, his site/links should have been banned from Gaf.

Hasn't he been talking about how much he's enjoying The Division? Didn't he give The Division 4/5 stars? Why is crapgamer even being taken seriously?

It's true. ;(

I really wish we could see the PC build of the game. Has there been ANY videos released showcasing the PC version at all?

Its really weird, I dont even know how to buy the game either. I have windows 10 and when I launch "store" ("Trusted Windows Store App") when I type quantum break it doesnt even show the game just music (games being greyed out meaning no hit)

From googling its supposedly at least visible on the windows 10 store, so I dont know what to think.

If you play it from the begining an hour and a half doesn't even get you the interesting abilities. Try do that when you get to act 2 and beyond against time power enabled enemies and heavy soldiers that can kill you in 3 shots. The combat reminds me of Vanquish, just not as fast and not as challenging.
He let me take over around five or so hours in. I did not get a Vanquish vibe in the slightest. Different strokes for different folks I guess?

oti

Banned
If you play it from the begining an hour and a half doesn't even get you the interesting abilities. Try do that when you get to act 2 and beyond against time power enabled enemies and heavy soldiers that can kill you in 3 shots. The combat reminds me of Vanquish, just not as fast and not as challenging.

No. Just no.

Reached the last part of the game now. But it's late so I'll finish it when I wake up. It has been a wild ride but some characters have really weird developments and it gets downright terrible at spots. For me at least.

lcap

No. Just no.

Reached the last part of the game now. But it's late so I'll finish it when I wake up. It has been a wild ride but some characters have really weird developments and it gets downright terrible at spots. For me at least.

What did you think of the enemy variety? Do they bring a nice level of challenge?

Speaking of Poets of the Fall, I still regularly listen to Poet and the Muse.

I think it's my favorite song used in a game ever. The lyrics worked all throughout Alan Wake.

Kevin

Speaking of Poets of the Fall, I still regularly listen to Poet and the Muse.

I think it's my favorite song used in a game ever. The lyrics worked all throughout Alan Wake.

lol I still listen to a bunch of their songs as well. For me it really added a lot to Alan Wake. I really hope that Remedy and Poets of the Fall didn't have a falling out or something. They may have just decided that Poets of the Fall wasn't suitable for Quantum Break for whatever reason. Hope they will be back for Alan Wake 2 if that ever gets made.

lol I still listen to a bunch of their songs as well. For me it really added a lot to Alan Wake. I really hope that Remedy and Poets of the Fall didn't have a falling out or something. They may have just decided that Poets of the Fall wasn't suitable for Quantum Break for whatever reason. Hope they will be back for Alan Wake 2 if that ever gets made.

Hopefully Quantum Break does well because they've expressed interest in making Alan Wake 2, but they probably need a game to sell well.

Kevin

Hopefully Quantum Break does well because they've expressed interest in making Alan Wake 2, but they probably need a game to sell well.

Yeah I'm considering the PC version (980ti here) but won't drop $60 on it until we can see how well the PC version runs. I find it very strange that is gets release in three days and we have very little details on the PC build of the game. Remedy usually does decent PC ports though so I am at least a little hopeful for a solid PC game but still $60 is a lot to drop without confirmation. I'll wait for reviews and benchmarks for the PC version and then decide whether or not to buy it. Game really looks great though!

Yeah I'm considering the PC version (980ti here) but won't drop $60 on it until we can see how well the PC version runs. I find it very strange that is gets release in three days and we have very little details on the PC build of the game. Remedy usually does decent PC ports though so I am at least a little hopeful for a solid PC game but still $60 is a lot to drop without confirmation. I'll wait for reviews and benchmarks for the PC version and then decide whether or not to buy it. Game really looks great though!

Its also weird because Durante cant save us. The game is as microsoft provides. So hopefully no screen tearing, framerate limiting etc.

The Flash

Banned
I really like the last line of Alan Wake where he says, "It's not a lake, it's an ocean".

I want to come up with something that's like "It's not a break, it's a _______" but I can't think of anything :(

Grisby

Yeah Poets of the Fall really made an awesome soundtrack for Alan Wake. I hope if Alan Wake 2 ever becomes a thing then Poets of the Fall will return. It has too!
This is their greatest song and what introduced me to them. Still the best video game lyrical song to me besides SH3's "You're Not Here".
Fantastic.

And that's why I love remedy games.
They absolutely drip with atmosphere. A bit strange to say, but Remedy is 'in' on their own games and are not afraid to pull back the curtains for a bit of fun. They might deal with serious subject matter, but they're not afraid to show a bit of levity.

I hope QB has some of that.
OT The Time Traveller's Life

That's my vote.
I like that one too. The only thing I could come up with was one of those lines said in a trailer. "Time is the number one killer."

All right I have my digital pre order ready on my One I'm glad to see the free Windows 10 key as a pre order bonus plus Alan Wake and Alan Wake American Nightmare

etta

my hard graphic balls
I really like the last line of Alan Wake where he says, "It's not a lake, it's an ocean".

I want to come up with something that's like "It's not a break, it's a _______" but I can't think of anything :(

What about "The Fractured Quantum Whole"

Grisby

Quantum Break |OT| Time is on your side, yes it is.
lZASMcj.gif

metalhead79

Neo Member

Yeah, it's got me concerned. I want to play this on PC (R9 Fury/OC'd i5-4670k), but nothing on the PC version and only ~10hrs long (including the TV stuff) and $60? That's not a recipe for a purchase for me.

Top Bottom