• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R. Senator Bob Corker: "White House has become an adult day care center."

cameron

Donald wishes he could spin this as fake news like the 'moron' report.

Screen cap, if they bother to change it:
0lm5SkX.png

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/917058304383373312

Their front page has the correct pic:
suyb7YC.png

http://www.foxnews.com/

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Prominent senator from the president's own party. said:
The White House has become an adult day care center

Yeah. That really happened. Whoah.

It sounds good until maniacs like Roy Moore that are too hardcore for the tea party start winning house and senate seats. What we need is the breaking up of highly gerrymandered districts.

Gerrymandering is an existential threat to the US. I don't how long a democracy can function when not only the majority of the population gets the minority of representatives, but the party in power simply refuses to solve the country's problems, when they're not outright exacerbating them.

Mahonay

Banned
Gerrymandering an existential threat to the US. I don't how long a democracy can function when not only the majority of the population gets the minority of representatives, but the party in power simply refuses to solve the country's problems, when they're not outright exacerbating them.
It's a pretty fucking dire situation. I wish it got more coverage from news outlets.

Maledict

Gerrymandering an existential threat to the US. I don't how long a democracy can function when not only the majority of the population gets the minority of representatives, but the party in power simply refuses to solve the country's problems, when they're not outright exacerbating them.

Roy Moore is running for a senate seat - gerrymandering has no impact on that. The fact that the population of Alabama shouldn't be allowed to vote due to their jaw dropping stupidity is more the issue there.

Quixzlizx

It sounds good until maniacs like Roy Moore that are too hardcore for the tea party start winning house and senate seats. What we need is the breaking up of highly gerrymandered districts.

Senate seats aren't gerrymandered.

So the solution would be for Bugs Bunny to saw off Alabama.

cakely

Corker with the sick burn.

I know, someone insulted 45 on Twitter. I shouldn't get any satisfaction out of it but I do.

That’s a good retort by Corker.

I took him to mean “adult daycare”rather than “adult”daycare, but either works. I prefer him to be saying that trump is a blathering dementia riddled adult who people around him are there to protect him and others from himself rather than a two year old who has tantrums and isn’t potty trained, but again either way is a burn. The idea of trump having some disorders that require maintenance, in light of his fathers issues and his own bizarre statements and actions, seems a strong possibility and actual raises a fitness of office question.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
We need more Republicans to retire from office like Corker so that they will have the balls to start telling the truth. It's very refreshing.

Deku Tree

States were gerrymandered for the senate in the 1800s. Check the history. They created a large number of midwestern states for the main purpose of stacking the senate. It is permanent gerrymandering. Tennessee gets two senators? The dakotas get four senators? Alabama gets two senators? But California only gets two, and California is under represented in the House by around 12-15 representatives because they have not raised the number in the House since around 100years ago.

Every single time someone says something bad about Trump, Trump trots out this idea that they came to him wanting something and he said no. It's comical how this plays out every single time.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Agree with those about the onion post, damn I thought it was real.

WillyFive

To fight back against the news, conservatives on social media are framing Corker's comments as an insult to senior citizens, saying he was insulting the President because he is old.

Quixzlizx

States were gerrymandered for the senate in the 1800s. Check the history. They created a large number of midwestern states for the main purpose of stacking the senate. It is permanent gerrymandering. Tennessee gets two senators? The dakotas get four senators? Alabama gets two senators? But California only gets two, and California is under represented in the House by around 12-15 representatives because they have not raised the number in the House since around 100years ago.

That's not the definition of gerrymandering.

Gerrymandering is an existential threat to the US. I don't how long a democracy can function when not only the majority of the population gets the minority of representatives, but the party in power simply refuses to solve the country's problems, when they're not outright exacerbating them.
I like that gerrymandering and the electoral college are being talked about, though. The latter even got brought up on Morning Joe recently. They're fatal weaknesses in our system that the Russians and extreme partisans will continue to take advantage of even if they bring our government to it's knees.

You are right about that. I think gerrymandering may come to affect the senate in an indirect way via the legitimacy added to crazy right wing candidates that successfully enter the house, though. Once you reach the house it seems like the senate is just a stone's throw away for the ideology itself. What I mean is that the house provides an excellent platform from which to spread the crazy far right ideas. More people would simply believe their congressman (and woman) individually over someone like Alex Jones even if congress as a whole has atrocious approval levels. The tea party caucus may be a threat to the senate in a "soft" way in that sense even if they're currently not a large force in the senate.

Top Bottom