• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racism caught on tape (NSFW) for starting car : White woman +kids vs Black male

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Words

I just realized how disturbing her kids' reactions were. They seemed totally fine with their mother's behavior. It was as if they were used to seeing her act this way. Pretty sad.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
OT: I'm not gay, and When i was young I didn't have the best track method in how i treated the notion of homosexuality. But i watched Eddie Murphy's Delirious last week... and for the first 15 minutes he just made gay jokes... and man i haven't never been that uncomfortable watching a comedy special.

Yeah, it's the part of a otherwise amazing special that hasn't aged well.

Is this lady a GAF member? She referenced Bieber

Firefox_Screenshot_2014_06_04_T20_12_59_776_Z.png

She's doubling down on stupid. I wonder what at are her political leanings? :p

OnPoint

Also, for factuality's sake, I guess we're TECHNICALLY north of NYC's location...

41.1500° N, 73.7667° W
Westchester County, Coordinates

42.9047° N, 78.8494° W
Buffalo, Coordinates

Yeah, by that much.

Jado

Banned
You quoted Raistlin but go on to ignore the idea of his post completely...I don't know where you and I go from here if you can't acknowledge that.

What? I disagreed with it. How is that ignoring it? If racism happens in X town, I'm perfectly fine with someone saying "X town has racism" and not misconstruing that as a sweeping attack on everyone there. We're all reasonable adults; there's no need to mince words and overexplain like we don't understand the basic principle behind that statement. There is also no reason to insist stuff like "well racism happens everywhere, so there's really no point in mentioning X town has race problems."

TheMan

What's so bad about it?

i feel like regardless of the rationalization that some people will come up with, it's almost like the racists won. blacks were called "niggers" so much that they came to identify as "niggers". blacks who continue to use the word today have been brainwashed into thinking that calling each other that is somehow ok just because -er is now -a, when it reality the roots of the word are terrible. they haven't taken the word back or owned it, they look like uneducated idiots and they make the rest of us who don't say the word look stupid as well.

Yeah, it's the part of a otherwise amazing special that hasn't aged well.

Let's be blunt. Something as phenomenal as Delirious and Raw would not be possible in this day and age without heavy censorship. Eddie Murphy would be put to the stake if he attempted anything like that right now. Even present day Eddie Murphy regrets some of the things he said and did back then.

I miss the 80s no holds barred comedy standup scene. No fucks given back then.

She reminds me of "supahot fire" xD
She should have a rap battle where she goes.

I take my clothes off... but I'm not a stripper...
I got two kids... but I'm not a mother...
I call black people nasty niggers... BUT IM NOT A RACIST

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

index.php

I bet she wishes she was more like Mute Spittah that day.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Lady: He thinks he's gonna get somtehing out of it
Guy: oh no.. .I don't sue people
Lady: oh he knows the cops? How many cops have I striped for?

WHere the fuck did he say cops in the video?

Acerac

Banned
Obviously if you don't live in NYC, you're going to call it WNY but people in NYC call it upstate.
I would think it would be confusing as there is an area already designated as Upstate New York hundreds of miles away from Western New York, but I understand if you prefer talking about it in terms that make sense solely to people in your city.

Regional dialects and whatnot.

Duder has a crazy Chicago/northern-esque accent when he says the phrase "Start my car" but otherwise talks with a standard east coast accent.

Wonder how he got that.

Fucked up video though. Jesus.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
... I don't go around saying people are fucking niggers because I'm upset.

I mean, yeah, I'm sure we've all had a moment or two where we were upset and said some things we didn't mean...but I can honestly say I've never said "YOU'RE A NIGGER" (her exact words) to somebody like that. Sorry, but that's no a slip of the tongue. The quoted poster is basically a perfect example of the embarrassing, failed contrarian bullshit that plagues the internet. "Going against the flow" in a situation like this doesn't make you look clever, or reasonable, or like some free thinker, you just look intellectually stunted. Some things just aren't worth defending, such as blatant racism. As far as we can tell the dude did nothing wrong, but even if he was somehow out of line that would in no way whatsoever make her behavior acceptable.

Jado

Banned
Obviously if you don't live in NYC, you're going to call it WNY but people in NYC call it upstate.

Yeah, millions of people refer to everything north of NYC as "upstate" because it literally is on a map. I think this thread is the first time I encountered or bothered to notice that "Western NY" or "WNY" is a thing and that it bothers people when not properly acknowledged. That's not an insult or a putdown. Just accept it as one region's name for another because nothing will change. Texas is the size of a country with far more distinct regions than Upstate NY and Western NY -- it's still all Texas to me. And where I grew up in the Bronx, where I work in midtown Manhattan and where I live now in Bk are all extremely different. Big deal. I'm not throwing a fit over Bugs Bunny sawing it all off into the ocean. Heck there are people who only consider Manhattan, one of five boroughs, as "the city." That's wrong, but no use dwelling on it forever.

It's just a matter of how it's phrased. When you refer to an area as being racist, it carries a slight tone of implying that the people there are racists. Better to say that there are definitely racists in an area, for example. Separates the person a little more.

Also makes me think about racism in (greater) Boston. Because that's a real thing too, but a different topic for a different thread altogether.

Based on person exp and those of friends, Boston IS racist. Who's dumb enough to think I mean all 600,000+ Boston residents?

"yay daddy"
"daddy's a cop. and he's bigger than you."
I think I heard the kids say both of these. I wonder if the parents are together.

Oh shit. Didn't hear this. So the husband probably pulls blacks over just because they are driving. I see how it is in this family.

Paganmoon

Ahahaha. This isn't her account is it? This is like the Reggie_NOA or KazHiraiCEO accounts, right?

It's fake, someone changed handle and name on an old account. (As there are 0 google hits for the new handle before a few days ago).

Oh shit. Didn't hear this. So the husband probably pulls blacks over just because they are driving. I see how it is in this family.

Apparently split and the ex is going to take the kids after the incident (from the radio interview). So the dad's probably not ok with her blatant racism either.. So lets not go overboard with speculation here.

petran79

Banned
Kids were in public, if you are in public you are fair game for picture taking and videos. Please explain how this is more serious than racism.

if someone records your kid with their camera/phone whatever and publishes it on youtube, it goes beyond fair game. it is not a public camera.

a reason why you need parents permission. or else the face should be filtered.
I wonder why Youtube hasnt removed the video due to this

gets insulted, and he is the inconsiderate one.

he can defend himself though. the kids cant if the other black kids recognize them at school

inm8num2

Maybe we'll find out this whole affair is an elaborate Jimmy Kimmel prank. I can't resolve the sheer irrationality and ridiculousness of it otherwise.

Slayven

if someone records your kid with their camera/phone whatever and publishes it on youtube, it goes beyond fair game. it is not a public camera.

he can defend himself though. the kids cant if the other black kids recognize them at school
Why just black kids?

Yeah, millions of people refer to everything north of NYC as "upstate" because it literally is on a map. I think this thread is the first time I encountered or bothered to notice that "Western NY" or "WNY" is a thing and that it bothers people when not properly acknowledged. That's not an insult or a putdown. Just accept it as one region's name for another because nothing will change. Texas is the size of a country with far more distinct regions than Upstate NY and Western NY -- it's still all Texas to me. And where I grew up in the Bronx, where I work in midtown Manhattan and where I live now in Bk are all extremely different. Big deal. I'm not throwing a fit over Bugs Bunny sawing it all off into the ocean. Heck there are people who only consider Manhattan, one of five boroughs, as "the city." That's wrong, but no use dwelling on it forever.

Based on person exp and those of friends, Boston IS racist. Who's dumb enough to think I mean all 600,000+ Boston residents?
Only us people from NYC call Manhattan the city because of how actually big NYC is and because Manhattan is the center of NYC.

OnPoint

Except, as I pointed out, it's barely any more north than NYC. It's more west. Hence the distinction.

Jado

Banned

Yeah, you're full of shit. Read below. Given the situation, the guy recording did nothing wrong. You have basically exposed your intentions with the bolded. What gives you the impression that imaginary black people are just on the verge of violence and ready to pounce on the kids in the video?

http://communications-media.lawyers...or-videotaping-consent-laws-are-changing.html

With the increasing amount of reliance on on-the-spot videotaping or picture taking, the rules of consent are evolving, especially for children. Basically, with a few exceptions, it's perfectly legal for strangers to photograph or videotape your child, and they're free to post or publish the images as well. Parents do not have to give their consent or sign a release. However, some states have passed legislation to change that, and school districts do take steps to protect their children.

The legal loophole that allows publishing and circulation of photographs and video images of children is the First Amendment. It protects both freedom of expression and freedom of the press. As long as a photographer uses the images for editorial purposes, and if he took them while your child was in a public setting, they're within the law even if you don't give your consent. Exceptions may exist if the photos or recordings include sexual overtones.

Except, as I pointed out, it's barely any more north than NYC. It's more west. Hence the distinction.

NYC is the southern most part of the state; if I wanna visit, I have to take a bus or train traveling in a general North direction (upstate). No one cares much except some of you up there who see some big distinction between yourselves and the Eastern part of NY. It's all "upstate" to millions of us until the day you die.

Jado

Banned
the fact that he posts the video without filtering the kids, shows he is inconsiderate too
that woman can press for charges for this, far more serious than racism

Kids were in public, if you are in public you are fair game for picture taking and videos. Please explain how this is more serious than racism.

gets insulted, and he is the inconsiderate one.

I like how nonchalant he states the bolded. You know, you just gotta be careful, or else the violent black thugs at school will beat up the innocent little white kids.

OnPoint

NYC is the southern most part of the state; if I wanna visit, I have to take a bus or train traveling in a general North direction (upstate). No one cares much except some of you up there who see some big distinction between yourselves and the Eastern part of NY. It's all "upstate" to millions of us until the day you die.

And you'll be wrong until the day you die.

So cool. We're at an impasse. I can live with that. But at least now you're knowingly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom