• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Any good strategy for co-op bomb defuse?
The amount of enemies that come at you are insane in those 60 seconds. Worst part is you can't pick any defensive characters in this game mode to be more prepared when the onslaught begins.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The amount of enemies that come at you are insane in those 60 seconds. Worst part is you can't pick any defensive characters in this game mode to be more prepared when the onslaught begins.

Fortify the shit out of an area where you have line-of-sight on the diffusor. The AI will run in and try smacking the diffusor before shooting you. Just aim at head height and pop each one as they crouch down to hit the diffusor.

Drewfonse

I pre ordered this since I'm a huge Rainbow Six fan, even read the books and everything. I was always on a trip and couldn't play until yesterday.

So, I formed a group of 5 and we went into matchmaking.

The graphics are competent. Playing on XBO, everything seems kind of blurry. Don't know if the PS4 is better. Maps are well designed, the destruction is amazing and adds a new level of tension.

This is a game that definitely requires you to play a lot of it, to have a formed team and to have constant and very good communication between members. If you go into matchmaking solo, you're gonna be VERY frustrated. Even playing as a team who knew the basics, we were constantly frustrated when playing with teams who were MUCH better than us.

This is specially true since the game doesn't seem to take skill into consideration when forming a game. It just puts random people together.

Poor matchmaking.. Which takes me to my biggest issue with the game: LAG. I don't knwo what the hell the matchmaking algorithm is doing, but I was constantly getting into matches were my adversaries had 300ms+ ping. With this sort of delay, a game like this, who relies on timing and precision, will NEVER be good.

Ubi had a good template, but it's a very, very niche product, difficult to pick up and with a big share of issues.

Unfortunately, I see the R6 gaming franchise dying again, like it did after Vegas 2.

I play completely with randoms, and I don't use a mic. Loving it and I'm doing better and better.

Yeah, get in a good spot that has visibility of the defuser, but not directly in the line of fire. You can basically use the defuser as bait and then just pop them off as they move to it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I pre ordered this since I'm a huge Rainbow Six fan, even read the books and everything. I was always on a trip and couldn't play until yesterday.

So, I formed a group of 5 and we went into matchmaking.

The graphics are competent. Playing on XBO, everything seems kind of blurry. Don't know if the PS4 is better. Maps are well designed, the destruction is amazing and adds a new level of tension.

This is a game that definitely requires you to play a lot of it, to have a formed team and to have constant and very good communication between members. If you go into matchmaking solo, you're gonna be VERY frustrated. Even playing as a team who knew the basics, we were constantly frustrated when playing with teams who were MUCH better than us.

This is specially true since the game doesn't seem to take skill into consideration when forming a game. It just puts random people together.

Poor matchmaking.. Which takes me to my biggest issue with the game: LAG. I don't knwo what the hell the matchmaking algorithm is doing, but I was constantly getting into matches were my adversaries had 300ms+ ping. With this sort of delay, a game like this, who relies on timing and precision, will NEVER be good.

Ubi had a good template, but it's a very, very niche product, difficult to pick up and with a big share of issues.

Unfortunately, I see the R6 gaming franchise dying again, like it did after Vegas 2.

I have the same issue with the graphics on PC. (I have an i5 and 970 so I can easily max everything).

My issue is no matter the settings things seem blurry or muddy. Many of the AA methods make this way worse. I have since turned off all AA and am dealing with the jaggies to try and clear it up a bit, but it still looks blurry even without AA in the picture.

Seems like an engine thing. Hopefully there is a mode or maybe there are some setting with something like SweetFX I can look into to sharpen and clear things up a bit.

Sectus

I have the same issue with the graphics on PC. (I have an i5 and 970 so I can easily max everything).

My issue is no matter the settings things seem blurry or muddy. Many of the AA methods make this way worse. I have since turned off all AA and am dealing with the jaggies to try and clear it up a bit, but it still looks blurry even without AA in the picture.

Seems like an engine thing. Hopefully there is a mode or maybe there are some setting with something like SweetFX I can look into to sharpen and clear things up a bit.
Did you make sure AA is completely turned off? If you leave the slider to the left-most setting, it'll do this weird temporal rendering where it renders at a low resolution with a MSAA-like pattern, but change the pattern for each frame and combine different frames to make the full image. You get a huge FPS boost if it's enabled, but it makes it look blurry.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They should add the ability to use defenders in Hunt. I'm sure there are some solid reasons why that wasn't implemented (maybe they break aspects of certain modes) but I'd really like them to sort it out. Find a way to make it work.

ViviOggi

Did you make sure AA is completely turned off? If you leave the slider to the left-most setting, it'll do this weird temporal rendering where it renders at a low resolution with a MSAA-like pattern, but change the pattern for each frame and combine different frames to make the full image. You get a huge FPS boost if it's enabled, but it makes it look blurry.
That AA method is legit drunk vision, unplayable tbqh

PS4GAF im reporting for duty for PvP or Terrorist Hunt. My PSN ID is the same as my GAF one. Im usually on most nights from 8pm-1am EST. Ill add myself to the spreadsheet when I get home.

Ive had pretty good experiences playing w randoms but am looking forward to linking up with yall for some true "strategery" and good times.

orhnsnmz

I have an i7 3770K with a GTX 670 2GB and 16GB of RAM, but I'm literally always the last one to have the map load in multiplayer, to the point where people get impatient.

So, does everyone (!) playing this game have a more capable rig than me or is this some kind of bug I need to resolve?

MJLord

Why the hell can terrorists come outside on Hostage rescue?! They're out there running around the police line for christs sake!

Valkrai

I have an i7 3770K with a GTX 670 2GB and 16GB of RAM, but I'm literally always the last one to have the map load in multiplayer, to the point where people get impatient.

So, does everyone (!) playing this game have a more capable rig than me or is this some kind of bug I need to resolve?

Definitely seems like a bug. I have a weaker system but mine loads instantaneously. What settings are you running on?

orhnsnmz

Definitely seems like a bug. I have a weaker system but mine loads instantaneously. What settings are you running on?

After playing around with the options, I have simply set them to the auto-detected ones.

I also verified the game files in Uplay again, closed all memory-intensive app before starting the game and have not fiddled with anything else (except for renaming the "startup" video folder), but I'm still always the last one get "Loading complete" under my name.

Really frustrating this.

Gold_Loot

I just want to echo how great this game is. I was really hesitant on picking this up due to not many friends playing a team oriented game. I'm glad I jumped in. I've met quite a few good random to play with, and most people play 'correctly' mics or not.

I know someone out there is on the fence about picking this up due having limited people to play with. My advice, don't worry about it. Pick up this game, plug in your headsets , and scratch that Socom itch you've had.

Really happy with this game.

Sucks to hear about the poor sales. Seems to be the trend for Tom Clancy games lately though.

It sucks that the open beta left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouth due to the network problems.

I'm glad they were able to fix the servers for the most part for launch due to this.

Open beta was a dbl edged sword for them. Hopefully with word of mouth and holiday cash the game will pick up a bit.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Yeah, one notch from the left. (both AA options to off) seems to produce the least amount of blur. But it is still there.

That temporal rendering stuff feels like it should be a different option and not a leftmost part of a slider.

If anyone has tried to play with Gareth Marenghi (me) this past weekend, sorry for not responding--probably my roommate, as I've been out of town. Home tonight, though!

iMax

Why the hell can terrorists come outside on Hostage rescue?! They're out there running around the police line for christs sake!

There's a rather critical bug (which I won't post here) that allows the defenders to breach the red barrier that blocks players from going outside.

It involves getting a certain operator to use a certain item which the rest of the team can then exploit.

Ubisoft needs to fix it urgently.

There's a rather critical bug (which I won't post here) that allows the defenders to breach the red barrier that blocks players from going outside.

It involves getting a certain operator to use a certain item which the rest of the team can then exploit.

Ubisoft needs to fix it urgently.

It's been posted before so don't worry about it! I think we've all seen it now, pretty lame glitch

A strong defense is always complemented by Castle. Castle's ability to slow an assault is invaluable, especially against an enemy that isn't packing Ash or Sledge (who act as a counter to Castle). Pairing him up with Mute means one of those two is required to breach his walls, making him a very dangerous opponent.

Similarly, Rook's ability to drop armor isn't so much amazing for the Operator himself, but rather, the team as a whole. Having Rook on your team means you're having one Operator whose ability (should everyone actually take them) will have a lasting effect on the entire match. Just make sure to shoot the vests once the enemy has reached your line of defense, or else they might take one (and phooey to the moron on your team who chose not to; their loss).

I'd put these both squarely in S-tier. The only S-tier Operatives you listed are Offensive, which I feel is a bit unfortunate; the importance of Castle and Rook should not be overlooked.

I missed mute off of my list, sadly, but he would be in S tier. I will update it in a bit.

I think Castle's reinforcements are pretty useful but I don't think it's a big gamechanger because they have a number of hard counters. That's why I have him on S tier. Sledge and Ash take down Castle's barricades like nothing, and if muted Thatcher, Twitch or ANYONE with a grenade, can offer a resolution. And of course, a regular breach is always an option.

In contrast, most of the characters that I did place in S tier, do not have hard counters. Nothing really counters Thatchers EMP grenade, for instance. The anti-threat comes close, but given that thatchers EMP grenades can roll under and explode instantly.

Also worth noting that the tier list would vary depending on objective... Fuze is worth more on capture the container than he is on bomb, and he's very hard to use at all on hostage. Similarly, Doc is pretty crap without Rook because no one, including yourself, is all that likely to go into DBNO.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I like Doc to bring myself back with decent health. It's saved me quite a few times. I'll say he's most useful when you're really dug in on defense and they're trying to pick you off from outside. Full-on breaching assault, there are much better options than him.

I like Doc to bring myself back with decent health. It's saved me quite a few times. I'll say he's most useful when you're really dug in on defense and they're trying to pick you off from outside. Full-on breaching assault, there are much better options than him.

Had a match yesterday with gaz and some others, in ranked, where I revived and held the fire button. Guy came round the corner and I instantly killed him right as I got up.

I have the whole match saved I think. I might put it up on youtube, as it had some really good moments with Doc.

kvk1

Can someone give me tips on what to unlock as a new player?

Rook is a good first time defender. You're tanky and your special ability is just dropping armor for your own operators to pick up. So there is nothing complicated to worry about during the hectic planning phase other than maybe putting down some barbed wire down or deploying a shield somewhere. Also I find his P90 to be super rad. It's great at mowing people down at close range and fires for days.

Ash was my first attacker. She can breach everything but fortified and indestructible walls from a distance with her special weapon, and her primary weapons are really good as well.

kvk1

i almost peaced out with a hostage today during a tense 1v1

it was a rush, until i got pistol whipped in my stupid face just near the exit and we lost

KaYotiX

Banned
Almost up to level 20 but wondering how ranked is compared to casual. Not in terms of skill level but more like communication and teamwork.

Ranked is the only way to play IMO, most everyone uses a mic and knows what to do and how to play thier operators.

So glad i hit 20 yesterday :)

Camper182

Guys, if i get a laser sight for my gun, does it reveal my position?

For example i'm aiming at a wall, will the enemy see the laser dot?

Almost up to level 20 but wondering how ranked is compared to casual. Not in terms of skill level but more like communication and teamwork.

A little better but not much.

You can usually guarantee people will at least not be afk, or team killing, which is good, they generally use their operators correctly, and select operators and spawn points tactically.

However, there is no guarantee they are using mics, many of them solo queue, and on some occasions they leave. We played with a French guy in ranked yesterday, he entered the building solo, then died immediately. He left as soon as he died.

Of the 7 ranked matches that we won, we had to play three of them as a team of four, because of people quitting or disconnecting. One teammate dced on the first game, but I'm pretty sure the randoms that left, quit, as it always coincided with them getting wrecked.

That's also one problem with playing in Europe, you cannot guarantee that even if people are using mics, they will be speaking your language. So a party is always better, at least in EU.

Guys, if i get a laser sight for my gun, does it reveal my position?

For example i'm aiming at a wall, will the enemy see the laser dot?

Yes, they can, but it's easy to miss. So it really depends on how your playing. On defense I really don't think it matters much, but on offense, probably a little more.

Camper182

Just played ranked match with about 14 kills that lasted about 7 rounds

then the game disconnected

and so i didn't gain any renown or xp

lovely stuff.... this is my only complaint with the game tho

Top Bottom