• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Had some fun matches this evening, even if one guy seemed to 'know' something. I could never see him but he'd kill me. Then on the kill cam you could see him twitching sideways in and out of the door way to line up a shot. I never saw him once pop out!

They need to get the patch out in the next week. An already not-huge community like this can't afford much more of the netcode/matchmaking issues. My group was getting pretty frustrated last night.

Nori Chan

Any tips for getting the hostage out on the last situation? Got it all sorted prior but then there's assholes everywhere outside and I don't last a minute

The first door you see, clear out all of the enemies, then go out of the door that's connected outside of the hostage room and run to the helipad. If it's normal, you can get away with it. You only need to kill one enemy on on the helipad to survive. Maybe two.

Just bought this! Any tips? Played the beta a bit but only played terrorist hunt. Not PVP, which I am going to play now.

Find yourself a teammate that communicates well by mic.
Have a good headset.
Don't spot with the camera unless you have too, because they will notice it and most likely shoot the camera down, denying any more information on their location. (You can use the spot to your advantage by making them turn around to find the camera and having a teammate flank them.)
Don't use fuze with the hostage! The hostage doesn't like having too many balls around them.
Once you know the objective point, hide your camera, either another floor or room because you'll be able to use it again. (Yes you do have a second one) Don't throw the second one if the first one is still alive, because the first one will disappear.
Take it slow, it's not COD!
Aim for the head, its OHK.
Check your corners.
You can plant a bomb difuser next to a window and defend it from a window rappeled upside down.
Use the 5 second undetected to your advantage to get out of the area and flank enemies outside! (For example, in Hereford base, leave from the 2nd lvl staircase, drop to ground level walk into the enemies breach entrance and triple-kill them with a shotgun.)
If you play as Thermite and you see that the wall is electrocuted, use your frag grenade and roll it into the room if you see a hole for drones. (Helped me out on that one mine shaft)

Klyka

Banned

Valkrai

Good to see people already saying these changes will kill the game and that they will stop playing when they go through.

Sigh, gamers.

Well, they need to take out some of those HUD elements for ranked. Hit markers and confirmations definitely should go. It's not a dealbreaker but I don't like that being in that mode.

smashism

Any PC players still fairly low level or just wanna play casual? I work a lot, so I am still playing catchup, but I love this game. Picking up on the nuances fast, a communication partner would be rad. Get at me uplay - smashism

Having a crazy time with the servers on the Xbox. With a party and we've dropped a teammate every game and now we are stuck "finding teammates" to start a multiplayer game. I just had four friends buy this, and tensions are high to say the least.

I've been away from Siege, because of the Uncharted 4 beta. Will be back on this thread more once that is finished.

Hope all of you are having a great time with the game, and I hope the December patch fixes the matchmaking nonsense.

Far out the post here in Australia are hopeless. Ordered this game on Monday it's it's still in their processing facility in a different state after almost a full week. Dreading this game will be a ghost town by the time I get it in my hands :L

soultron

Banned
So funny playing on PS4 vs PC. PS4 is people listening to music with their mics open, mostly young kids. A bit of an adjustment playing with the PS4 player base vs PC, that's all.

I'm up for PS4 games right now

souItron (the L is an uppercase i )

soultron

Banned
What, is it easier than on PC?

Some stuff is definitely easier on PC. KB+M makes killing drones during the prep phase much easier, for example. The controller aiming on console makes me imagine the benny hill theme song in my head as drones whiz around and people struggle to shoot them. :)

Dubz

Some stuff is definitely easier on PC. KB+M makes killing drones during the prep phase much easier, for example. The controller aiming on console makes me imagine the benny hill theme song in my head as drones whiz around and people struggle to shoot them. :)
Add me On PS4

Dubzinator

Grisby

Just picked this up with Xenoblade. Couldn't ignore the fact that this might sate my long lost lust for SWAT game.

After reading some posts, it seems like there are connection issues? Playing on X1 and it never connects to the servers the first time. Always have to wait a second or two at the main menu for it to connect. Then, there's more than a decent chance the host will quit or the connection will drop out in a game.

Other than that, I like it. Only been playing T-Hunt so far.

Couple questions:
1) So I'm messing around with my first operator, IQ. Does her electronic finder deal light up bombs and stuff for my teammates? Or is it just me?
2) The grey stuff in the store is real money items right? Kind of crazy how it seems like you can only buy some skins with renown points. No skin cosmetics either it looks like?

On that note, I feel like this is a super content light game. Knew it didn't have a SP campaign but it still feels light. These levels are kind of begging for some type of single player stuff (outside of situations) and that opening cutscene with the lady was cool.

Just picked this up with Xenoblade. Couldn't ignore the fact that this might sate my long lost lust for SWAT game.

After reading some posts, it seems like there are connection issues? Playing on X1 and it never connects to the servers the first time. Always have to wait a second or two at the main menu for it to connect. Then, there's more than a decent chance the host will quit or the connection will drop out in a game.

Couple questions:
1) So I'm messing around with my first operator, IQ. Does her electronic finder deal light up bombs and stuff for my teammates? Or is it just me?
2) The grey stuff in the store is real money items right? Kind of crazy how it seems like you can only buy some skins with renown points. No skin cosmetics either it looks like?

On that note, I feel like this is a super content light game. Knew it didn't have a SP campaign but it still feels light. These levels are kind of begging for some type of single player stuff (outside of situations) and that opening cutscene with the lady was cool.

1) only for you sadly
2) yes r6 credits. You get 600 from buying the season pass. If not you can purchase them for real money. 600 for 5$ 1200 for 10$, 2670 for 20, etc.

Couple questions:

I think when thinking about content you have to place consideration on how much attention to detail and unique characteristics each one of these maps feature. Unlike other games very little appears to be copy and pasted from one map to another, and even within maps, each room appears entirely unique.

When I walk into a room on one of Call of Duties 12 maps, there's rarely anything noteworthy about them, and the interiors are often duplicated in other areas of the same map.

Grisby

1) only for you sadly
2) yes r6 credits. You get 600 from buying the season pass. If not you can purchase them for real money. 600 for 5$ 1200 for 10$, 2670 for 20, etc.
Ick. At least the new operators and maps will be free right? Devs did the right, and smart, thing with that.
I think when thinking about content you have to place consideration on how much attention to detail and unique characteristics each one of these maps feature. Unlike other games very little appears to be copy and pasted from one map to another, and even within maps, each room appears entirely unique.

When I walk into a room on one of Call of Duties 12 maps, there's rarely anything noteworthy about them, and the interiors are often duplicated in other areas of the same map.
I've been impressed with the maps to be sure. I just still wish there was some varrot on the stick stuff like some new outfits for the operators or something. Something else you could use those renown points for.

Core gameplay seems great. Heavy SWAT vibes, and the pugs I've been with have all kind of stuck together, even when I, uh, accidentally hit a window with a flash bang which caused it to greet us back.

TheShocker

As someone with real life SWAT experience, the first thing I've noticed that the game ABSOLUTELY nails is angles.

Understand angles and where you can be seen/shot from is literally the difference between life and death and this game really captures that level of uncertainty as to what's around the corner. It forces you to think about your movements before entering a doorway or window.

Hadoukie

For the new page!

I made a PS4 GAF Community for this, feel free to join if you like to meet up with other gaffers!

Let me know your ID and ill send you an invite or you can also just join the community by searching for Rainbow Six GAF in the communities.

Or, ADD ME ON PSN!! ID- TheTrinidad

Added you

Gaz_RB

So I reviewed Siege.

http://vgfirst.com/rainbow-six-siege-review-extreme-home-makover/

My reviews are always slow to come out, but I don't make any money from add revenue or anything so I like to take my time and produce something that I feel reflects the games quality in a way that I believe to be as genuine as possible relative to my own perspective.

Any thoughts on my verdict? I think it's fair. Notice the footnote too!

Great review, really nails both the good and the bad about the game.

Shield guys. When I face them I can never kill them. When I am them I die immediately. What gives?

Grenades and positioning are the best counters to shields. As far as being killed when using them, if you're Blitz, you need to go slow and be crouched to maximize your shield's protection. Montagne is essentially a brick wall with with his shield extended out. A great way to play Montagne is to always play with backup and don't try and get the kills, use Montagne and the tag button to mark enemies and let your team/backup get the kills while you soak up the damage.

Raytow

Ick. At least the new operators and maps will be free right? Devs did the right, and smart, thing with that.

I've been impressed with the maps to be sure. I just still wish there was some varrot on the stick stuff like some new outfits for the operators or something. Something else you could use those renown points for.

Core gameplay seems great. Heavy SWAT vibes, and the pugs I've been with have all kind of stuck together, even when I, uh, accidentally hit a window with a flash bang which caused it to greet us back.
Prepare to amass 25k of renown, if you want the new ops.

deoee

I can't even....
TadkV.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-cPbNuO6nA

and as a gif:

7qF1XWItObjva.gif

So funny playing on PS4 vs PC. PS4 is people listening to music with their mics open, mostly young kids. A bit of an adjustment playing with the PS4 player base vs PC, that's all.

I'm up for PS4 games right now

souItron (the L is an uppercase i )

The amount of French people I've had to mute for playing crazy loud music while playing is getting a bit funny. What's the deal France, why the loud music while you play?

RhyDin

When you rate a match, what aspect of the match are you supposed to be rating?

edit: also, where does this feedback go?

Genryu

Banned
I just had a really suspect killcam, but I'm hoping it's just because the broken bits of environment were just desynced on eachother's ends.

It was a Glaz with his entire screen taken up by debris, and he just fired right when I ran across a window and killed me.

There's a lot of reasons for why it could've happened.
  • You made a ton of noise
  • You were already spotted
  • An enemy had visual and made a callout to Glaz
  • Really dumb luck

Top Bottom