• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Genryu

Banned
There's a lot of reasons for why it could've happened.
  • You made a ton of noise
  • You were already spotted
  • An enemy had visual and made a callout to Glaz
  • Really dumb luck

Was in the middle of some matches, but I made a .gif of when it happened.

lH2GBUF.gif

Because of how his gun is going through the thing blocking his vision, I'm just assuming that it was some weird debris thing on my side, and there was nothing there for him.

I forgot to turn Shadowplay on earlier, but I was reminded when I was downed, fell through the floor and inside a generator where I slowly bled out.

bigDave

Was in the middle of some matches, but I made a .gif of when it happened.

Because of how his gun is going through the thing blocking his vision, I'm just assuming that it was some weird debris thing on my side, and there was nothing there for him.

I forgot to turn Shadowplay on earlier, but I was reminded when I was downed, fell through the floor and inside a generator where I slowly bled out.

it's a killcam bug, he was upside down, but killcam don't work in that position (bug) and so camera is 180° rotated and enemy model is deformed, but only in killcam

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
IQ's sneakers aren't pink in those, 0/10

I can't explain why but that's my favorite bit of characterization in the character designs

ViviOggi

Fukin leavers in this game man... hasn't even gotten better in ranked for me. Entire game 4v5, total defeat, "gg" no mate it was in fact bg

How long do you get blocked from MM for abandoning in ranked anyway and does it increase each time like in CSGO?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Fukin leavers in this game man... hasn't even gotten better in ranked for me. Entire game 4v5, total defeat, "gg" no mate it was in fact bg

How long do you get blocked from MM for abandoning in ranked anyway and does it increase each time like in CSGO?

I think it's just 15 minutes every time. It does nothing to deter leavers, which happens almost every match =\

Guesong

Are there any maps guide out there right now?

I am not even sure if I saw all the 11 maps but the action is so tightly focused on different areas every time that it all feels so overwhelming. Id really like a video just to show me important points/tidbits on all of them O_O

a friend picked this up for me from the US. I have it on the 28th.

hopeven the north American community isn't dead by then as I made 2 other friends pick the game up as well.

Had 4 friends purchase this last night on PS4 because I kept singing its praises. Hopefully there is good word of mouth everywhere because this game is great.

I'm sorry if this has been answered on one of the many pages, and I've looked on Ubi's site but haven't been able to find anything. What is the Ranked ladder? After probably 7 or 8 Ranked matches I'm at Gold III tier. Is there a place to view the ladder? What is most important when trying to climb to better ranks? Wins I'm assuming, but kills, assists, etc must go into it somehow. Thanks!

kvk1

I'm sorry if this has been answered on one of the many pages, and I've looked on Ubi's site but haven't been able to find anything. What is the Ranked ladder? After probably 7 or 8 Ranked matches I'm at Gold III tier. Is there a place to view the ladder? What is most important when trying to climb to better ranks? Wins I'm assuming, but kills, assists, etc must go into it somehow. Thanks!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1352317-Ranked-Matchmaking-FAQ

What are the ranks I can achieve?

There are currently 20 ranked levels to work through. Copper, Bronze, Silver and Gold ranks I-IV, Platinum ranks I-III, and Diamond.

What makes my rank change? What parameters are taken into account?

Exactly two things:

The relative skill levels of the players/teams in the game.
Whether or not your team won the game.

KDA doesn't matter. Your score doesn't matter. Rainbow Six is a team-based game and as such, the only thing that accurately determines whether you're a good R6S player is your ability to make your team win games.

In addition, if there's a large skill difference between the two teams and the outcome of the game is what the system expects, the skill adjustment after the game will be minimal (if a bronze team loses to a gold team, it's unsurprising and the skill levels won't change much -- now if the bronze team wins, that's a whole different story).

There is, however, one exception to all that: if you abandon a ranked game (whether it's by ragequitting, AFKing or getting votekicked out), it's always counted as a loss for you, even if your team wins.

“When the game server crashes or you experience other disconnects while playing Ranked, the intention is that you will not ever suffer a penalty or lose rank. We’re aware of bugs that are still causing issues for some players and are working to fix this in a future update.”

Thanks for the response! I looked for quite some time yesterday. Must have been looking in the all the wrong places. Its awesome how they only calue wins/losses. I've never hated losing in a game more than this one. It really punishes you from the ranking standpoint as well as XP.

kvk1

Can you move up and down between the Bronze/Silver/Gold zones or is it like Halo 5 where you can never drop an entire zone but your rank within a zone can decrease?

Unfortunately I don't know, sorry!

I'm not touching ranked until the first patch or so.

Maybe someone else can answer who plays the mode regularly.

Valkrai

Can you move up and down between the Bronze/Silver/Gold zones or is it like Halo 5 where you can never drop an entire zone but your rank within a zone can decrease?

Yes you can. It's frustrating because at times even if you win you can derank because you didn't perform well.

soultron

Banned
Yes you can. It's frustrating because at times even if you win you can derank because you didn't perform well.
The way the system is detailed in the answer from the devs (posted several posts above) makes it sound like it's not possible to derank by winning. Are you sure you've experienced a derank after a win?

Valkrai

The way the system is detailed in the answer from the devs (posted several posts above) makes it sound like it's not possible to derank by winning. Are you sure you've experienced a derank after a win?

Yeah, deranked back to Silver a while ago because I didn't do too well despite the win. A buddy also deranked once like that too. There were also some people in reddit claiming that as well.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I like their system. Zero weight on k/d just shows these folks want a strong community. You give weight to k/d and good twitch players will usually emphasise self-preservation. Most players, really. A team game, you make it about the wins. It's the best way for Rainbow imo. K/d has its place, and in many pvp games, maybe it's the primary skill indicator. I like that they completely disregard it as a metric in Siege. If teams want to consider k/d when putting together their squads, that's their prerogative, they can assign their own weight, but the global system ignores it. Good system imo.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, deranked back to Silver a while ago because I didn't do too well despite the win. A buddy also deranked once like that too. There were also some people in reddit claiming that as well.
Interesting. Maybe it's a bug?

I honestly can't remember, but, for comparison's sake, in CSGO it's not possible to derank on wins. Right?

Valkrai

Interesting. Maybe it's a bug?

I honestly can't remember, but, for comparison's sake, in CSGO it's not possible to derank on wins. Right?

In CSGO, it isn't possible to. There's a possibility that you can derank on a tie but that's extremely slim and never really happens.

For Siege, how do they measure ranks? Is it some internal system they made or do they use ELO?

Edit: Also if Siege wanted to disregard K/D in ranked, maybe they should remove that stat when you view someone.

Drewfonse

In CSGO, it isn't possible to. There's a possibility that you can derank on a tie but that's extremely slim and never really happens.

For Siege, how do they measure ranks? Is it some internal system they made or do they use ELO?

Edit: Also if Siege wanted to disregard K/D in ranked, maybe they should remove that stat when you view someone.

Absolutely. It sends mixed signals. W/L ratio only.

mtodavk

I enjoyed my time with the beta, but I'm worried about the population on PC. For those who play on that platform, are there lots of people playing, and is there a GAF clan?

E-flux

I was playing with 4 of my friends last night and we played some ranked with a team full of shields, we took a recruit with a shield, fuze, montagne, and blitz, the enemy team was furious when we proceeded to destroy them with a flawless victory. They kept complaining how we were playing the "noobs game" and that we should learn to aim while we just tore through them.

Menthuss

Man, they seriously need to fix the prompt for placing the defuser. I just lost a round solely because the game was being a fucking bitch about where I had to stand in order to place the defuser.

Valkrai

Absolutely. It sends mixed signals. W/L ratio only.

Exactly. If they really want to have teamwork be focused for ranked, there shouldn't be a stat meant for K/D if they say it doesn't matter.

I have a lot of complaints with the current version of ranked that'll hopefully be improved. The HUD also should be restricted a bit more in it as well imo instead of keeping it like casual except removing killcam.

First of all, I love this game. This is old school gaming (high school for me) at its best. I will also say that I've always tried to look at the release of a game in the fairest way possible. What was the Dev team trying to do, the scope, technical challenges, innovation involved, etc, and try to judge the faults through that. With Rainbow, I'm in this weird place as a gamer and consumer because they've released a game I've been waiting for for a long time and one that admittedly only appeals to a small market of gamers, but they've done basically committed every cardinal sin of a developer in this day and age. You have expansive connectivity issues (to the point that you're unable to connect to the servers at the main menu and I've been dropped in at least 20% of the games I've tried to play), the party system is completely unreliable (at least one of the four friends I invite to the party cannot connect, and then we routinely get stuck "finding friends" with a full squad connected), the server tick rate is well below that of other online shooters, the hit detection is sparodically reliable at best, your body and drones shoot through the floors, something is off with the xbox one aiming controls (maybe the 5% deadzone, idk), and what most people would describe as a lack of content for a $60 game (although I only play MP so this isn't a massive deal for me). They ran several betas for this game, and the first one performed leaps and bounds better than what they delievered at launch.

That's all without mentioning micro transactions, which literally provide zero value to the gamer. 7 days early access to free operators, $5 worth of R6 credits (which can't even get you most of the R6 only skins in the game), a progression boost, and two additional daily challenges..... really? The red white and blue skin pack, which can be applied to 7 guns is $15.00....

This community has taken basically every developer to the stake for 1/10th of this game's issues. While I'm definitely happy this game has a community on here that can discuss the game without every three posts being someone whining/crying/calling the devs names/or acting like they shot their first born, I feel like this may be one of those cases where the devs/UBI need a pretty swift kick in the ass. 343 got taken to the woodshed for many of these same issues with MCC, granted we haven't given UBI the same amount of time to fix it, but if Halo 5 would've released anywhere near this state, watch out... Graphically, Halo 5 was beat around pretty good, but this is rocking some pretty unispiring visuals. Then you have the rage with Halo 5's micro transactions, which actually provide content for a reasonable price (i know this is an opinion, but there's not much defense for UBI).

I've really really enjoyed playing what I could of this game. I just lobbied to have four friends at work buy this, and was rewarded with 3 hours last night trying to connect and about an hour in actual gameplay. We got on this morning hoping is was overwhelmed servers and had the same result. Like I said at the beginning, I'm confused as to how to approach/think about this. They took a shot at making a game for a small community of gamers, but the execution and technical issues are a bit crazy for 2015 game from one of the biggest developers. Again, I love the gameplay, but I just don't know how to think about this thing as a whole.

Valkrai

Ok I had more thoughts about ranked. Hopefully I can get some discussion about how maybe things should work. I'm highly against ranked having all the casual HUD elements sans killcam. It's not a deal breaker but personally I hate how cluttered the casual HUD really is.

I'm hoping that all hit indicators or confirmations are removed with the exception of the VS notification. Grenade indicator should also be gone and no team outline. Score indicator just like how it is in ranked currently should stay gone.

Just minor things but for now, probably just going to modify my HUD to remove all those things.

Sojgat

First of all, I love this game. This is old school gaming (high school for me) at its best. I will also say that I've always tried to look at the release of a game in the fairest way possible. What was the Dev team trying to do, the scope, technical challenges, innovation involved, etc, and try to judge the faults through that. With Rainbow, I'm in this weird place as a gamer and consumer because they've released a game I've been waiting for for a long time and one that admittedly only appeals to a small market of gamers, but they've done basically committed every cardinal sin of a developer in this day and age. You have expansive connectivity issues (to the point that you're unable to connect to the servers at the main menu and I've been dropped in at least 20% of the games I've tried to play), the party system is completely unreliable (at least one of the four friends I invite to the party cannot connect, and then we routinely get stuck "finding friends" with a full squad connected), the server tick rate is well below that of other online shooters, the hit detection is sparodically reliable at best, your body and drones shoot through the floors, something is off with the xbox one aiming controls (maybe the 5% deadzone, idk), and what most people would describe as a lack of content for a $60 game (although I only play MP so this isn't a massive deal for me). They ran several betas for this game, and the first one performed leaps and bounds better than what they delievered at launch.

That's all without mentioning micro transactions, which literally provide zero value to the gamer. 7 days early access to free operators, $5 worth of R6 credits (which can't even get you most of the R6 only skins in the game), a progression boost, and two additional daily challenges..... really? The red white and blue skin pack, which can be applied to 7 guns is $15.00....

This community has taken basically every developer to the stake for 1/10th of this game's issues. While I'm definitely happy this game has a community on here that can discuss the game without every three posts being someone whining/crying/calling the devs names/or acting like they shot their first born, I feel like this may be one of those cases where the devs/UBI need a pretty swift kick in the ass. 343 got taken to the woodshed for many of these same issues with MCC, granted we haven't given UBI the same amount of time to fix it, but if Halo 5 would've released anywhere near this state, watch out... Graphically, Halo 5 was beat around pretty good, but this is rocking some pretty unispiring visuals. Then you have the rage with Halo 5's micro transactions, which actually provide content for a reasonable price (i know this is an opinion, but there's not much defense for UBI).

I've really really enjoyed playing what I could of this game. I just lobbied to have four friends at work buy this, and we spent 3 hours last night trying to connect and about an hour in actual gameplay. Like I said at the beginning, I'm confused as to how to approach/think about this. They took a shot a making a game for a small community of gamers, but the execution and technical issues are a bit crazy for 2015 and for a $60 game. Again, I love the gameplay, but I just don't know how to think about this thing as a whole.

It depends on whether or not the devs make good on the things they've been saying in a timely fashion. At the moment it's still only launch week. I couldn't play Halo 5 MP at all for the first two weeks after launch. I (and a number of other people) simply got an error message, and 343 never responded. R6 is doing a lot better than that so far.

Believe me, Ubisoft will be taken to task if they don't fix the problems, they're Ubisoft.

Edit: Also, did you ever play Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's MP? That was an absolute shit show at launch, but it got fixed.

Top Bottom