• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Valkrai

I made these avatars for you guys as promised:

zKjKQJh.png
DYtjvF0.png
SJafD29.png
oPhdz9d.png

tMvUi0S.png
APLzhT4.png
mJMc5bQ.png
njNkh4m.png

Q7JxaxU.png
I90qDhk.png
LCV3UmQ.png
6Z1iXiB.png

GipI2sz.png
S0m8Mpa.png
8xXcEVC.png
2EuaTLp.png

TezeOEb.png
sIeXRC7.png
qABDMOD.png
ugdLu6D.png

Doing great work here! Took my bae Doc :D

Klyka

Banned
Wait,so those callouts your character makes can be heard by the enemy???

And there is no way to stop that?

So If I place a breaching charge sneakily my character will shout GETTING READY TO BREACH telling everyone where I am?

Jesus.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

So If I place a breaching charge sneakily my character will shout GETTING READY TO BREACH telling everyone where I am?

Jesus.

Yeah. You know what's even more stupid? Your character might even do those callouts when you're the last one alive. It's really stupid. They should just be removed altogether.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah. You know what's even more stupid? Your character might even do those callouts when you're the last one alive. It's really stupid. They should just be removed altogether.

Wow. Ok that just kinda ruined a lot of things for me :(

Tekniqs

anyone here used the in game calibration in the options menu? The one where it says to calibrate brightness to where you can see both logos in the black and white spaces. No matter what I adjust, the white is just blown out. I can't even see the logo.

what's going in here?

i'm running an r9 290 through dvi to an asus vh236h

It depends on whether or not the devs make good on the things they've been saying in a timely fashion. At the moment it's still only launch week. I couldn't play Halo 5 MP at all for the first two weeks after launch. I (and a number of other people) simply got an error message, and 343 never responded. R6 is doing a lot better than that so far.

Believe me, Ubisoft will be taken to task if they don't fix the problems, they're Ubisoft.

Edit: Also, did you ever play Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's MP? That was an absolute shit show at launch, but it got fixed.

I didn't know that people were having trouble with H5's MP. I was good through the entire launch, but my network situation may have been different. This just feels like a situation where there's a whole lot wrong with a lot of things, and to top it off it's difficult to actually play. It seems for me that the servers are down entirely for xbox one.

I didn't play Ghost Recon, but a lot of the people I've played with have mentioned it. Let's hope this first patch gets things cleaned up.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
anyone here used the in game calibration in the options menu? The one where it says to calibrate brightness to where you can see both logos in the black and white spaces. No matter what I adjust, the white is just blown out. I can't even see the logo.

what's going in here?

i'm running an r9 290 through dvi to an asus vh236h

Same for me, I wouldn't worry about it.

Jesus.

Actually, I'm almost positive that if you're crouching, your character whispers. Can't connect in-game right now to check, though--could have sworn I noticed that the other day.

Drewfonse

Jesus.

My friend and I still laugh about the "executing flanking!" proclamations by the enemies in the Vegas games.

Menthuss

Jesus.

I'm almost positive the callouts can only be heard by your team. When I see the enemy fortify a door with my drone, I never hear them say anything.

TheBear

I just had a match with two teamkillers. The last two killed themselves with explosives.

Umm....okay.

This happens way more than it should. I've had opposing teams get wiped out before the start of the match, team members shooting the hostage on purpose, teams detonating C4 wiping out the team.

Why do they do it?

lordxar

First of all, I love this game. This is old school gaming (high school for me) at its best. I will also say that I've always tried to look at the release of a game in the fairest way possible. What was the Dev team trying to do, the scope, technical challenges, innovation involved, etc, and try to judge the faults through that. With Rainbow, I'm in this weird place as a gamer and consumer because they've released a game I've been waiting for for a long time and one that admittedly only appeals to a small market of gamers, but they've done basically committed every cardinal sin of a developer in this day and age. You have expansive connectivity issues (to the point that you're unable to connect to the servers at the main menu and I've been dropped in at least 20% of the games I've tried to play), the party system is completely unreliable (at least one of the four friends I invite to the party cannot connect, and then we routinely get stuck "finding friends" with a full squad connected), the server tick rate is well below that of other online shooters, the hit detection is sparodically reliable at best, your body and drones shoot through the floors, something is off with the xbox one aiming controls (maybe the 5% deadzone, idk), and what most people would describe as a lack of content for a $60 game (although I only play MP so this isn't a massive deal for me). They ran several betas for this game, and the first one performed leaps and bounds better than what they delievered at launch.

That's all without mentioning micro transactions, which literally provide zero value to the gamer. 7 days early access to free operators, $5 worth of R6 credits (which can't even get you most of the R6 only skins in the game), a progression boost, and two additional daily challenges..... really? The red white and blue skin pack, which can be applied to 7 guns is $15.00....

This community has taken basically every developer to the stake for 1/10th of this game's issues. While I'm definitely happy this game has a community on here that can discuss the game without every three posts being someone whining/crying/calling the devs names/or acting like they shot their first born, I feel like this may be one of those cases where the devs/UBI need a pretty swift kick in the ass. 343 got taken to the woodshed for many of these same issues with MCC, granted we haven't given UBI the same amount of time to fix it, but if Halo 5 would've released anywhere near this state, watch out... Graphically, Halo 5 was beat around pretty good, but this is rocking some pretty unispiring visuals. Then you have the rage with Halo 5's micro transactions, which actually provide content for a reasonable price (i know this is an opinion, but there's not much defense for UBI).

I've really really enjoyed playing what I could of this game. I just lobbied to have four friends at work buy this, and was rewarded with 3 hours last night trying to connect and about an hour in actual gameplay. We got on this morning hoping is was overwhelmed servers and had the same result. Like I said at the beginning, I'm confused as to how to approach/think about this. They took a shot at making a game for a small community of gamers, but the execution and technical issues are a bit crazy for 2015 game from one of the biggest developers. Again, I love the gameplay, but I just don't know how to think about this thing as a whole.

Halo is a big ticket series that should have had a lot better launch. Its not that Rainbow 6 is small potatoes but its not that tier. Yea this game had some issues but for me the issued are forgiveable. It's not months down the road for one, they do have a patch to fix some things soon and their open about the issues.

The microtransactions are true micro transactions. You get a base game and you get future maps free. The season pass doesn't do much. Yes you get operators unlocked but you can still play and unlock them for no additional cost. May take a shit ton of grinding but it's possible. The skins don't matter. It's not like the golden key to winning is locked behind a paywall. If anything, and this probably won't be a popular idea, but I like the way their doing DLC. I don't need it but I purchased it because it helps them make future installments so win win. Not fracturing the community between DLC maps is huge and more devs should be aware of this. Hell look at Battlefront. Jakku is free but the way it was released by being the only turning point map kind of fucks up the player distribution. Whatever, I think R6 DLC is one of the least offensive there is so far anyway. They may mess it up later but for now it's just there and not really in your face that you NEED it to win.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm almost positive the callouts can only be heard by your team. When I see the enemy fortify a door with my drone, I never hear them say anything.

Nah, I'm 100%. I've killed enemies based on their callouts letting me know where they were and what they were doing. Stuff like "planting breaching charge" when I'm a defender.

Jesus.
I personally have never heard a callout from the enemy team when they breach. Pretty sure only your team can hear them.

M_A_C

I'm trying to decide on getting the PC or PS4 version? Are there a lot of hackers on PC? Anyone know the player-base numbers?

I'm trying to decide on getting the PC or PS4 version? Are there a lot of hackers on PC? Anyone know the player-base numbers?

I've been keeping an eye on steampowered stats and steamspy since launch, and it's kept a steady 6-10k daily on PC. I have no doubt there are plenty more that received uplay codes from cheaper sellers as well.

Over my 20~ hours, I've probably experienced and heard of a handful of cheaters at best. Just in case you're not going into this with a group, I've seen a good amount of people using mics while solo matchmaking as well. We'll see how the playerbase takes to the new patch next week, but I feel pretty optimistic about the game's life right now.

Well I went and created a Discord channel tonight instead. If there already is one I'll just delete this one, but if there's interest I'll keep it and update it as we want.

Just click this link to connect: https://discord.gg/0hQZUGvbTq88hh2y

I've created two different chat channels - one for casual and one for ranked matchmaking. Use it as you see fit. Also I've created a few groups for teams to join up into.

Halo is a big ticket series that should have had a lot better launch. Its not that Rainbow 6 is small potatoes but its not that tier. Yea this game had some issues but for me the issued are forgiveable. It's not months down the road for one, they do have a patch to fix some things soon and their open about the issues.

The microtransactions are true micro transactions. You get a base game and you get future maps free. The season pass doesn't do much. Yes you get operators unlocked but you can still play and unlock them for no additional cost. May take a shit ton of grinding but it's possible. The skins don't matter. It's not like the golden key to winning is locked behind a paywall. If anything, and this probably won't be a popular idea, but I like the way their doing DLC. I don't need it but I purchased it because it helps them make future installments so win win. Not fracturing the community between DLC maps is huge and more devs should be aware of this. Hell look at Battlefront. Jakku is free but the way it was released by being the only turning point map kind of fucks up the player distribution. Whatever, I think R6 DLC is one of the least offensive there is so far anyway. They may mess it up later but for now it's just there and not really in your face that you NEED it to win.

Totally agree Nex!

iMax

Anyone else getting what feels like lag/geometry glitches on multiplayer matches?

My player/drone will stutter about sometimes but weirdly I also get caught on vault-able locations such as windows and ledges, where my character just shudders but won't let me move at all unless I go prone.

Anyone else getting what feels like lag/geometry glitches on multiplayer matches?

My player/drone will stutter about sometimes but weirdly I also get caught on vault-able locations such as windows and ledges, where my character just shudders but won't let me move at all unless I go prone.

The lag was so bad on PS4 earlier that I turned it off and played FF7 instead. My character was warping all over the place.

Yes! Especially the part about climbing over a ledge!

So frustrating.

The lag was so bad on PS4 earlier that I turned it off and played FF7 instead. My character was warping all over the place.

Played late this afternoon today and did not experience any lag. The only issues I've been experiencing on PS4 are the sudden connection failures where you get booted from a game while your friends keep playing and an occasional error.

keenerz

yeah I often get stuck on a fallen painting when I blow a hole in the wall to walk through. I have to literally shoot the frame to pieces to go through it.

Also some kids are so ragey in this game, its pretty funny.

manhack

Well I went and created a Discord channel tonight instead. If there already is one I'll just delete this one, but if there's interest I'll keep it and update it as we want.

Just click this link to connect: https://discord.gg/0hQZUGvbTq88hh2y

I've created two different chat channels - one for casual and one for ranked matchmaking. Use it as you see fit. Also I've created a few groups for teams to join up into.

We do have a dedicated discord for GAF already. Invite is here: https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdj3ECIl I set it up so it shouldn't expire

Not sure who set it up originally but would hate for us to get spread thin on an already small GAF group. I think somebody wanted to get it put it in the OP if possible.

I actually like how yours is set up though :D

I wonder if word of mouth will get this game strong enough sales to warrant a tactical shooter revival on consoles. I know we're a niche community but the thirst has been real and it's fucking awesome to finally have it be quenched!

keenerz

I have had very few, almost none (ps4).

yeah I dont know if its a PC exclusive problem but my mouse and my keyboard wasnt responding I could pull up uplay and alt tab so it was exclusive to the game. Also my mic was locked to on when I have push to talk. So definitely annoying when I get 15 minute banned when I try to relog trying to get it to work :/

For the love of god, if you're on the defensive team, why are you pushing into the enemies line of sight? Why can't people grasp this?

If you are the person pushing into field of view, you at the person at a disadvantage. Statistically, you will lose the encounter.

Hawk269

Since my Wife will not allow me to buy this game (it is a Xmas gift from her), I was just wondering if there has been a patch for the game and what improvements have been made to it (Xbox One version)?

Top Bottom