• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Grimsen

Yeah, the season pass makes more sense now, doesn't it? You either save 10$ off the individual price of the characters, or save 200 000 renown!

:/

manhack

Edit: After completly checking the changes...Oh shit, hit indicators? that's buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulshit. Now it will be super easy to wall bang, what the hell!
Not only that, but hit markers on both modes.

Hit indicators/Threat indicators only tell you where you got hit from or shot from. The hit confirmation is the mark that lets you know you actually hit something. That will only be available for gadgets and friendly fire. I will eat my words if this is not true, but they specifically got rid of hit confirmation to avoid wall banging after feedback from the beta. You do not see this in the current casual playlists so don't expect it to show up tomorrow.

I'm coming up from the basement carrying a hostage, and as I'm coming up the stairs I realize there's a teammate in the room across from the top of the stairs.

I enter the room at the top of the stairs, he quickly turns and freaks out, and boom. He headshots the hostage while I'm still holding her and we lose.

Just bang, one shot fired and it goes right to the hostage's head. That was a hilarious replay to watch.

Simo

Love, love, love this game.

Tons of great matches tonight including my favorite of Hostage where it was me and a friend against a full enemy team...2 v 5..and we won 3-1. Last round with just tactically infiltrated the area with suppressors where the hostage was and took out 2 of the enemy players...my friend gets dropped and I take cover while one of them tries to smoke me out with toxic charges. I wait and he stupidly walks through into the room he was throwing the charges and me waiting for him and I drop him. I peak around the corner and drop another player with 1 silenced burst to the dome.

I then quietly step into the room the hostage is and while peaking see the last remaining enemy player is in the exposed hallway with a bead on me. I quickly step back while he unloads his mag and then step forward firing at him and I hit him pretty good but he's still up and takes off running what sounds like upstairs.

At this point I go all John McClane..I grab the hostage and then started getting the fuck out of there when all of a sudden gunfire is erupting behind me. I spin around with the hostage and my silenced pistol to see the guy chasing me down. 3 shots and the last remaining enemy player goes down and we win the round and match.

I love this game. lol

I only play terroroist Hunt thes days. The game is amazing.
But it needs to be more fun asside from gameplay. I don't feel like i can make the characters my own.
In Rainbow Six Vegas Two it was fun to customise your character (i'm not even talking about the hilarious and underrated facemapping) and choose what guns you would bring to a mission. Free choice. Not just a limited operator. These operators are quickly becoming stale in T-hunt also because there is not real progression in characters or weapons.

Please Ubisoft, do something with this to make the game have legs. Because although the gameplay is extremely good, it still feels a bit bareboned and boring on a personal and creative level.

Oh and bring back incidenary grenades. That shit was fun too. Grenades are no fun in MO, but superfun in T-hunt.

Animator

But it needs to be more fun asside from gameplay. I don't feel like i can make the characters my own.
In Rainbow Six Vegas Two it was fun to customise your character (i'm not even talking about the hilarious and underrated facemapping) and choose what guns you would bring to a mission. Free choice. Not just a limited operator. These operators are quickly becoming stale in T-hunt also because there is not real progression in characters or weapons.

Please Ubisoft, do something with this to make the game have legs. Because although the gameplay is extremely good, it still feels a bit bareboned and boring on a personal and creative level.

No thank you. The game is amazing because it is not some bullshit cod style unlock fest. It is limited in customizability for a reason. If they let you freely move around weapons/skills it would be game breaking.

You should try pvp. That is the real meat of this game not t-hunt.

No thank you. The game is amazing because it is not some bullshit cod style unlock fest. It is limited in customizability for a reason. If they let you freely move around weapons/skills it would be game breaking.
In mp it would be breaking. In T-hunt it wouldn't matter much.
I did play PvP. It's great. And i agree that that is the most exciting mode. But i like T-hunt with friends and strangers because it's more relaxed and a lot of fun with people from all over the world. PvP is great, but not a smart choice for me right before bedtime.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I like pre-defined operators. It's a major pillar of what makes this game different / good.

However, I couldn't see more options hurting Hunt. I also don't see them adding much customization just for pve.

Two possible solutions that wouldn't require a ton of work: 1) Allow use of defenders in Hunt. 2) Allow players to customize (and maybe even name) a recruit for Hunt. Would help a little.

I did play PvP. It's great. And i agree that that is the most exciting mode. But i like T-hunt with friends and strangers because it's more relaxed and a lot of fun with people from all over the world. PvP is great, but not a smart choice for me right bedore bedtime.

Do you get alot of renown points for it?

I like pre-defined operators. It's a major pillar of what makes this game different / good.

However, I couldn't see more options hurting Hunt. I also don't see them adding much customization just for pve.

Two possible solutions that wouldn't require a ton of work: 1) Allow use of defenders in Hunt. 2) Allow players to customize (and maybe even name) a recruit for Hunt. Would help a little.
They are amazingly well chosen and balanced imo. For MP. There should be more freedom in Thunt imo.
There are weapon skins. But you basicly need to buy those.

Animator

I did play PvP. It's great. And i agree that that is the most exciting mode. But i like T-hunt with friends and strangers because it's more relaxed and a lot of fun with people from all over the world. PvP is great, but not a smart choice for me right before bedtime.

Yea if you mean t-hunt only I don't mind if they add customization to that as long as they don't mess with pvp balance.

Do you get alot of renown points for it?
For T-hunt? Depends on the difficulty.you get most points for Playing on realistic. But that is also a really really hard mode.
Yea if you mean t-hunt only I don't mind if they add customization to that as long as they don't mess with pvp balance.
Nah, just T-hunt. I'm impressed with how well balanced the operators are in pvp. I do think the shield guy has a waterpistol but otherwise he would be too powerfull (like in the closed beta).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
For Hunt, customize Recruit

Nickname
Weight (light, med, heavy)
Uniform (light,med, heavy)
Uniform (color/skin) maybe?
Weapon and attachments, skins
Items (no operator special items though)

Doesn't seem unreasonable... Idk.

Keihart

Oh and bring back incidenary grenades. That shit was fun too. Grenades are no fun in MO, but superfun in T-hunt.

Customizable operators to a new co-op mode would be fine i guess, but the predefined operators are what makes the game balanced on PvP while still letting you have some pretty crazy gadgets.

Edit:
Hit indicators/Threat indicators only tell you where you got hit from or shot from. The hit confirmation is the mark that lets you know you actually hit something. That will only be available for gadgets and friendly fire. I will eat my words if this is not true, but they specifically got rid of hit confirmation to avoid wall banging after feedback from the beta. You do not see this in the current casual playlists so don't expect it to show up tomorrow.

Oh, great if you are rigth. For a moment i thought they went nuts.

Animator

=Always-honest;189467228

Nah, just T-hunt. I'm impressed with how well balanced the operators are in pvp. I do think the shield guy has a waterpistol but otherwise he would be too powerfull (like in the closed beta).

Shield guys pistols are all about finding the opening and getting a headshot. I saw people clear entire teams solo with the shield guys. They would be way op if their pistol was super powerful.

Customizable operators to a new co-op mode would be fine i guess, but the predefined operators are what makes the game balanced on PvP while still letting you have some pretty crazy gadgets.
Yes. I agree with that, as stated. That would make it a dumbass game in the end probably a frag-fest (well, maybe not in hostage).

Brockxz

I like patch notes except hud changes for ranked. I think ranked hud have to be even more hardcore than it is now. For now the only problem with ranked I see is that not enough people are playing it because for some reason a lot of are afraid of it.

MANGOD

Banned
For T Hunt how about the option to choose what level and mode you want to play as you select your character!? And not having to go out and into the main options to do this everytime. It's an absolute pain in the ass and whoever is responsible for such gibberish please shoot yourself in the head with a high calibre bullet. Completely unnecessary

Keihart

I like patch notes except hud changes for ranked. I think ranked hud have to be even more hardcore than it is now. For now the only problem with ranked I see is that not enough people are playing it because for some reason a lot of are afraid of it.

Disconnects, for some reason, ranked mode likes to disconect some members of the squads, and since it's ranked you do care dropping members and getting your rank trashed because of it.

For T Hunt how about the option to choose what level and mode you want to play as you select your character!? And not having to go out and into the main options to do this everytime. It's an absolute pain in the ass and whoever is responsible for such gibberish please shoot yourself in the head with a high calibre bullet. Completely unnecessary

Completely unnecessary

Fury451

Banned
Today or never? Because it almost always connects with me. I do get disconnects in a game every once in a while.

It hasn't connected once for me yet since I got the game just after launch. Regular multiplayer is no problem, but TH, regardless of difficulty selected just drops me back to the title screen, even after it finds a game to connect to.

I've seen some posts on other forums mention it, but after trying it repeatedly (the suggested 'fix'), still no luck. It's kind of weird, and TH is a pain solo.

25k renown for the new operators seems steep but I think if you have been playing actively that will be not a big deal. I've been playing since release and have had everything I've wanted for ages now and just have renown piling up. Rather have it like this then a million different thinks to unlock and grind for that unbalances the game and is only there to satisfy OCD players who love the treadmill.

Bracket

It hasn't connected once for me yet since I got the game just after launch. Regular multiplayer is no problem, but TH, regardless of difficulty selected just drops me back to the title screen, even after it finds a game to connect to.

I've seen some posts on other forums mention it, but after trying it repeatedly (the suggested 'fix'), still no luck. It's kind of weird, and TH is a pain solo.

In the meanwhile, you could try making a squad with other people and skip matchmaking altogether.

Weird, I've never had that much trouble connecting with TH. Most of my issues come from MP.

Can't wait for the patch today--give it a shot after that?

Was hoping for sli support but I guess that's a pipe dream

Glad to see changes/updates to the base game

Hope to play with some gaffers tonight

Gaz_RB

Yeah now that I think of it, by the time the new operators come out I'll have so much renown that it won't really matter.

Top Bottom