• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rambo: The Videogame [OT] Mission... accomplished.

I read this game is the second coming of Christ. Is that true?

in game sequence:
LslZI.gif

That's the game & movie in a nutshell.

Redneck-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif

Something tells me Dan Whitehead didn't actually watch First Blood...
Same. First Blood was a brilliant movie and showed how vietnam vets fell through the cracks, and how we treated them badly after they came back. The novel was even more tragic. Dude has no clue.

Mask

oh whoops

Can't find a way to invert.

Yeah, I don't think you can invert the aiming. Seems like a lot of options are missing.

You can't really mess around with the graphics either, beyond setting them to High, Medium and Low. Not sure how high the resolution can be set either, as I only have a 1080p monitor.

Mask

Took some pictures of the little Rambo figure you got for pre-ordering here in the UK.

I was surprised to see how tiny the figure is.

Here's a comparison shot, next to a Lego minifigure.

Actually not that bad. Still looks like Paul McCartney though.

Yeah, I don't think you can invert the aiming. Seems like a lot of options are missing.

You can't really mess around with the graphics either, beyond setting them to High, Medium and Low. Not sure how high the resolution can be set either, as I only have a 1080p monitor.

aw, thats too bad. so its not even good at being a lightgun game? :(

Mask

aw, thats too bad. so its not even good at being a lightgun game? :(

Yeah, pretty much. It's not a terrible game, but if you need inverted controls, you're kinda screwed, which sucks.

I'm not a 100% sure, but I don't think you can use the Move Sharpshooter either, which is a wasted opportunity.

Edit - Nope, I was wrong. Sharpshooter does work.

I watched the Giant Bomb quick preview. I'm not even sure I'd get this game for $5 during a Steam sale. Too many good indies to waste my money on this shit. I'm a big fan of the first two and newest Rambo film by the way.

Fox Mulder

Might pick it up for cheap.

I would love to see someone make the Expendables of videogames. Now that Arnold and Stallone are old as shit, why not travel back in time to their glory years with games.

Yeah, no.

Maybe you should actually try watching First Blood before spouting ignorant bullshit about it.
The UHF skit accurately describes Rambo II though, which is what the .gif is parodying. It's kind of telling that Rambo II has like two or three parodies of it (one of the others being Hot Shots Part Deux).

aaaand i've had 3 HARD LOCK crashes on the PS3 during the first 3 levels...

playing it with the Move+Navi is good but setting those up everytime it crashes is no fun :/

fuck whoever made that last level, even on easy that shit is impossible once you get to the
tank taking on the helicopter

TriAceJP

I clicked this thread because I am actively watching First Blood Part II.

I want to play it now due to the comments here, haha.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah, pretty much. It's not a terrible game, but if you need inverted controls, you're kinda screwed, which sucks.

I'm not a 100% sure, but I don't think you can use the Move Sharpshooter either, which is a wasted opportunity.

Edit - Nope, I was wrong. Sharpshooter does work.

Hey I have a Sharpshooter gathering dust, maybe I should dust it off and zap some baddies.

Ashtar

Might pick it up for cheap.

I would love to see someone make the Expendables of videogames. Now that Arnold and Stallone are old as shit, why not travel back in time to their glory years with games.
There is an expendable game bro.
Seeing this actually makes me want to make a light gun shooter with cry engine. I love light gun shootwes

Top Bottom