• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

SCChappy

Banned
iOuiCPs7dWW0N.png

ip3XP6XAv69HD.png

Apologies, Dark Pit is a wee bit small.

oh my gosh thank youuuuuuuuuuu

I don't think we know to what degree they are finished, though. They definitely exist in some form, but that doesn't mean the greater part of their development is already done.
Done enough that Sakurai knew they couldn't work via experience.

Models.
Some animation.
AI.

Those would need to be present for him to know.

If no ones got Peach yet would anyone be kind enough to hook me up? >.>

I'm rather indifferent to the idea of Rayman being in Smash. I don't really care for any of his older games, though Origins and Legends are pretty damn good. I would much rather see Dixie, or Chorus Kids, or any of the veterans cut from Brawl before him.

I don't really have a vendetta against the character like some seem to, but he doesn't really feel like he belongs in Smash to me, for some reason

i5gywjHLdnEEp.png

So um

Why not just make Ice Climber instead of Ice Climbers?

Maybe have it be Popo and Nana, each with four alt colours, and the character being given buffs in all areas and given a new recovery.

SalvaPot

So um

Why not just make Ice Climber instead of Ice Climbers?

Maybe have it be Popo and Nana, each with four alt colours, and the character being given buffs in all areas and given a new recovery.

Because they lose their gimmick and have to be entirely redesigned for a moveset of just one climber, they become mini-King Dedede's.

I think, if either version gets an exclusive character over the other, it will be the 3DS version over the Wii U one.

It's the drastically better selling one.

I think, if either version gets an exclusive character over the other, it will be the 3DS version over the Wii U one.

It's the drastically better selling one.
Except Nintendo is investing in the competitive scene, which is entirely Wii U-based.

Plus, it wouldn't make sense at all to not port the character to the Wii U if it were finished.

『Inaba Resident』;152143295 said:
Then whats the point of making it an Ice Climber?
Might as well be a different character completely.

Zelda survived the change. In fact, people speculated that Zelda's shortcomings are due to the idea that Zelda and Sheik complemented each other, but Sheik's skills were better suited for 1v1 neutral stages.

At this stage, if the only way to get Ice Climbers into Smash from this point on is to make them a singular character, I think it's worth it for the fanbase. I mean, we have to remember that characters aren't just mechanics - when people thought we were getting Lucas instead of Ness, I remember people who had never played EarthBound complaining. Yet, they were getting a character that was very mechanically similar anyway. A big part of what people like abou Smash characters is the characters that they are.

Because they lose their gimmick and have to be entirely redesigned for a moveset of just one climber, they become mini-King Dedede's.

Ice attacks

Pikma

Banned
I don't think Rayman deserves to be in Smash, not even as an assist trophy, let alone a DLC playable character. They should have used the time wasted on him on someone like, I don't know, Gray Pit or something.

I'm gonna be pissed if Ray man makes it in.
Not because I don't like him but because I NEED snake back. At this point I see every third party charcter on the roster as taking his spot.

Why should they put Snake in though? Ground Zeroes was on every single major console except the Wii U.

This feels like some Looney Toons shit where theres a big door that says "Free hype!", I go in, the door closes, and the fake room collapses and I'm just back on the hype train.

Slightly off-topic but does anyone remember last year when halfway through development namco started putting out job offerings for "Smash Bros. 5"?

I feel like that was just a code name for having a smaller dedicated team working on DLC through the game's lifespan.

My geek mind keeps equating "CSS" with Cascading Style Sheet, rather than Character Select Screen. And I'm like, has smash been hacked enough to get the HTML5 based menu screens already?

Zalman

Slightly off-topic but does anyone remember last year when halfway through development namco started putting out job offerings for "Smash Bros. 5"?

I feel like that was just a code name for having a smaller dedicated team working on DLC through the game's lifespan.
I don't think we're going to get as much DLC as some people are expecting. I think they would rather save characters for the next game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yeah, I remembered that. I believed that some people reached to same conclusions about it. I think?

I know that it's been mentioned before but Rayman's moveset is pretty much done already. Most of his Origins/Legends moves would work perfectly in Smash. The only exception might be his Neutral B which could be a lum projectile or one of those orbs from the 3D games.

I don't think we're going to get as much DLC as some people are expecting. I think they would rather save characters for the next game.

There's a part of me that hopes there is no next game and this one just keeps getting updates and patches. I mean this title is just called "Super Smash Bros."

Plus I feel guilty since Sakurai just becomes more bitter and jaded with every installment and has developed this 'I hate doing this, but anyone else will fuck up my series' attitude.

NotLiquid

Morning everyone. No new developments since last night?

Yeah, we'll probably be here for a while. This is the Palutena leak all over again with ESRB-level quality.

So have any of these convincing leaks actually turned out to be fake? All I can think of are the Palutena and ESRB ones which were both real.

Arunotaku

Neo Member
Those eyebrows !! O.O

Maybe it was already posted (and I'm sorry if it's the case) but Rayman Amiibo would probably looks like this IMO :

B93w9KTIEAAA7j6.jpg

Top Bottom