• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Jagsrock

Banned
Nintendo/Ubisoft will have to pay me to download this dlc.

keep rayman where he belongs:

tBhH8DQ.jpg

rayman-o.gif

Why are people talking smack about Rayman? The first two games are considered to be 2D and 3D platformer classics respectively, and Origins/Legends are generally regarded as some of the finest modern platformers available.

I've seen the Smash Wii U roster, and Rayman would be a long way from the least respectable character if he made it in.

Because it isn't the character they want.

Roto13

Why are people talking smack about Rayman? The first two games are considered to be 2D and 3D platformer classics respectively, and Origins/Legends are generally regarded as some of the finest modern platformers available.

I've seen the Smash Wii U roster, and Rayman would be a long way from the least respectable character if he made it in.

Yeah. Rayman is a great character with a long history of awesome games. (And a couple of stinkers, but hey. ROB is in it.)

『Inaba Resident』;152133974 said:
I'd think most people would be happy by the fact that there remains a possibility of a couple more characters on the horizon. Oh well. Just give me my Metroid Prime stage, Sakurai!

Forkball

image.php

I think a lot of people like Rayman, but there are so many other candidates, especially first party ones, that people feel like should be in Smash. Even among third party candidates, there are others people would prefer over Rayman (Snake, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, FF/DQ rep, etc.)

R0ckman

『Inaba Resident』;152133974 said:

I just think its funny, it's not that big a deal. If people think he's garbage they can not buy the DLC, the game will not have anything in it but his original trophy. You can still play online, play with friends etc.

Well I mean we've already got Sonic and his recent history is far more "disrespectful" than Rayman's.

This is what I find hilarious. Sonic hasn't had a good game in years. Mega Man hasn't had a good game in years. Pac-Man hasn't had a good game in years. Rayman has starred in two critically acclaimed 2D platformers over the past four years, both of which are available on Nintendo platforms, and people are against his inclusion because "he's ugly", "Ubisoft screwed Nintendo out of exclusivity", and "he's not important enough." Personally, I think the game needs more Western characters.

This is what I find hilarious. Sonic hasn't had a good game in years. Mega Man hasn't had a good game in years. Pac-Man hasn't had a good game in years. Rayman has starred in two critically acclaimed 2D platformers over the past four years, both of which are available on Nintendo platforms, and people are against his inclusion because "he's ugly", "Ubisoft screwed Nintendo out of exclusivity", and "he's not important enough." Personally, I think the game needs more Western characters.

Plus Rayman does have alot they can use for a moveset in smash bros, he could stand out alot compared to the rest of the cast.

Generations and Colors were pretty good though.

But the good to bad ratio for Sonic is pretty lousy, that's certain.

Merc_

I just think its funny, it's not that big a deal. If people think he's garbage they can not buy the DLC, the game will not have anything in it but his original trophy. You can still play online, play with friends etc.

Nah, they'll buy him.

They'll buy him and they'll hate themselves for it lol.

Foffy

Banned
If Rayman can get in and have a Amiibo, Ridley must be next!

Having missing limbs doesn't make it too big of an issue to address.

jph139

I don't think so. He didn't bother selecting him - no audio - which is much harder to fake than video.

I'd be happy if it's true - Rayman's pretty cool and confirmation of DLC in general is awesome - but I doubt it.

Forkball

Well, a large appeal of Sonic being in Smash is that he and Mario were rivals in the 16 bit days. Seeing Mario fight Sonic is a huge novelty to many. Not to mention Sonic has mostly been released on Nintendo platforms since Sega went third party. Yeah, there's a lot of stinkers, but he's had some good titles that were exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Pac-Man is in because Namco developed the game. Not to mention he is one of the most well-known video game characters and was side by side with Mario in the arcades in the early 80s. There have been a lot of Pac-Man exclusive titles for Nintendo platforms though. Also Championship DX was a good game!

Rayman does have street cred with Nintendo. Although he didn't start on Nintendo platforms, Rayman 2 did debut on N64 and many consider it to be the premier Rayman title. Most of his games have appeared on Nintendo platforms as well.

Rayman appearing in the game wouldn't be the worst inclusion (Dark Pit already has that wrapped up), but of course there are so many other characters I would much rather have in.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well, a large appeal of Sonic being in Smash is that he and Mario were rivals in the 16 bit days. Seeing Mario fight Sonic is a huge novelty to many. Not to mention Sonic has mostly been released on Nintendo platforms since Sega went third party. Yeah, there's a lot of stinkers, but he's had some good titles that were exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Pac-Man is in because Namco developed the game. Not to mention he is one of the most well-known video game characters and was side by side with Mario in the arcades in the early 80s. There have been a lot of Pac-Man exclusive titles for Nintendo platforms though. Also Championship DX was a good game!

Rayman does have street cred with Nintendo. Although he didn't start on Nintendo platforms, Rayman 2 did debut on N64 and many consider it to be the premier Rayman title. Most of his games have appeared on Nintendo platforms as well.

Rayman appearing in the game wouldn't be the worst inclusion (Dark Pit already has that wrapped up), but of course there are so many other characters I would much rather have in.
Basically this, but im a bit more optimistic on rayman being in in general

jackal27

Banned
Yeah, Snake should be back but I have a doubt that he would.

Anyway, if anyone want to jump on Smash DLC Hype then here are some avatars materials that people can use.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Smash4-510801485

smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png

Somebody grabbed Toon Link, Shulk, AND Lucina as I was reading this!? Seriously!? Man... I always miss out on neat avatars... Toon Link is my boy too...

I for one am jumping on #teamreal. My instincts served me well last time.

Yeah. Rayman is a great character with a long history of awesome games. (And a couple of stinkers, but hey. ROB is in it.)

Somewhat off-topic, but wasen't the first rabbids game the most well received? Coincidentally, I think it was the only one to actually feature Rayman.

Thanks! I got one in a different thread, but if you still want the KOTOR it's yours!

Why thank you, kind sir.

Generations was released 3 years ago. We should be seeing a mainline title this year. An alright game and a pretty bad one doesn't mean we haven't had a good Sonic game in years.

I know it's hard to believe but some people seriously think that Colors and Generations were bad.

(I am not one of them, I see the truth)

Blasphemy.

I'll be okay with Rayman getting in once they announce that Snake is returning, I ain't even afraid to say it.

I want to bump my question here.

I can answer your question as an afficionado of the new 2D Rayman games, former Rayman fan that was turned away from the series after they went in the direction of rabbids, and tell you...

That Legends does not feature every single level that was featured in Origins. It does feature a huge chunk of them, however. You won't be missing too terribly much by skipping Origins to play Legends, but it's still worth it to own both. One level that is exclusive to Origins, the final level, is probaly one of the best 2D platformer challenges ever conceived.

I don't feel they're going to do DLC on a character by character basis, though I may be wrong.

I know this is probably bad but I don't care how much it costs, I'll buy the shit out of Smash DLC.

Let's say this happens:

Rayman + Chorus Kids + Wonder Red + 2/3 Stages (and accompanying music) + Trophies for $7-$10.

Wolf + Lucas + Ice Climbers + 2/3 Stages (and accompanying music) + Trophies for $7-$10

Mewtwo + Ivysaur + Squirtle + 2/3 Stages (and accompanying music) + Trophies for $7-$10.

Buy two packs together for $13-$15, or 3 packs for $20-$25 Similar to MK8 DLC.

I don't feel they're going to do DLC on a character by character basis, though I may be wrong.

I know this is probably bad but I don't care how much it costs, I'll buy the shit out of Smash DLC.

Let's say this happens:

Rayman + Chorus Kids + Mewtwo + 3 Stages (and accompanying music) + Trophies for $7-$10.

Wolf + Lucas + Ice Climbers + 3 Stages (and accompanying music) + Trophies for $7-$10

Buy both packs together for $13-$15. Similar to MK8 DLC.
Ice climbers isn't coming back considering they have to build them for both 3DS and Wii U. Ice Climbers would not work on 3DS( while they worked fine on Wii U) which led to them being axed.

So I am late on this big time but I have seen all the leaked images and photos. For the most part they COULD be real but at the same time there's still a couple of red flags.

1. Rayman's character model looks off. The eyebrows are too bushy in comparison to his trophy.

2. Only pictures/video of the select screen. These can be the most easily photoshoped.

3. No pictures/video of character fighting. Surley that has to be being worked on right now if they got the character.

4. I've seen more convincing leaks. (Like the Palutena one before she was revealed) that turned out to be faulty. (Reference http://i.imgur.com/CpC9YOh.jpg)

5. It's from 4chan.

Now ultimately I would like for this to happen and there's some stuff that seems legit but at the same time, there are people out there who literally have all the time in the world on their hands to do something like this.

Ice climbers isn't coming back considering they have to build them for both 3DS and Wii U. Ice Climbers would not work on 3DS( while they worked fine on Wii U) which led to them being axed.

New 3DS.

Also Sakurai has doubled back on more things than roster parity before.

I'd say he agrees that it's better to have them in at least one version (or Wii U and n3DS only) rather than neither one.

Top Bottom