• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Richie

How would Rayman even work in Smash? His limbs aren't even attached to his body. They could make him like Rosalina but instead of Luma its his hand and feet I guess.

This is a non issue, why couldn't it work exactly like it does in Rayman's own games?

After all the characters we -have- gotten, it's disingenuous to think Sakurai can't find a moveset for someone if he really wants to.

bobawesome

guys is this real

18r3x709dx90ojpg.jpg

For the love of God, I hope so.

Yep.

I mostly want this to be real because it would confirm that we're getting more then just Mewtwo as DLC... of course Rayman could be the FINAL DLC character but it's still more then just Mewtwo.

Greenzxy

Rayman's floaty lims shouldn't be much of an issue anyway. Just make the rendered arms and legs invisible.
That Lens of truth, baby.

yeah i hope it's not real but i truly think it is, just like the last time, no real mistakes were made, high quality renders and some small details like CSS being correct makes me think it's legit.

Rayman can throw those light ball things in Rayman 2, that can be his B move

side B is the wind-up punch from Rayman 1, up B is his hover, down B is he gets his picture taken by the checkpoint photographer and it stuns anyone in frame

DedValve

Banned
Rayman Advance was my first GBA game, loved that game so fucking much alongside Sonic Advance.

Man I'd love for Rayman to be in.

Jagsrock

Banned
What would Rayman's Attacks be? something with the Rabbits?
Rayman 3 had a lot of different power up attacks like the heavy metal fists, vortex attack, lockjaw, shock rocket and throttle copter. Maybe they could do a shulk like system where you can activate a certain power up for a limited time.

So you would hate it because you're not a fan?

it's because he's an ugly, badly designed character. i would have to play against or with (when i get him on random or for getting the trophy) also on his stage with his music etc...

same reasons why i didn't want Sonic and i still don't like him being in smash.

So you would hate it because you're not a fan?

Rayman is one of those characters a lot of people consider the absolute bottom of the famous 3D platformer mascots. There was obviously a ton of competition at the time of Rayman's inception (even though he only lately reached his prime) and for many people he is not a character who "deserves" to be in Smash.

Kind of like how people hate Pac-man because they feel that he only had one game, ever, that was any good and his contribution to gaming has been a laughable try-hard campaign to remain relevant when he was beaten at his own game by the comparably superior Ms. Pac-man.

It's very hard to reconcile polar opposite perceptions of characters. It's best to just like what you like and hate what you hate, I guess. Because this argument will continue indefinitely.

Crayolan

First post after all 5 said this:
>not blurry
>not taken upside-down
>a character most people don't want

holy shit its fucking real.....

Welp, I'm convinced. I don't want a ubisoft rep though :(....
unless it's Travis Touchdown.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Nintendo published Rayman Legends in Japan, so it isn't any different than there being trophies from The Last Story or Pandora's Tower.

There are Last Story trophies in Smash? That's cool, I haven't unlocked any of those

We've already had a character mostly associated with the Playstation, so it's nothing new to Smash lol

Pretty much, though I don't think my "association" is necessarily universal. I mean I'm pretty sure the original Rayman game was most popular on PS1, but Rayman 2's most popular version I think was N64, then Rayman 3 was multi-platform, then the 2D revivals were multi-platform... arguably the rabbids games were mostly Nintendo exclusive but who seriously counts those?

Rayman Legends was going to be a Wii U exclusive, so maybe Nintendo or Ubi wanted Rayman in Smash for that reason.

You'd think Rayman would be on the default roster if they were planning THAT far in advance.

Snake was way more unbelievable and Sony-related than Rayman though. :p

I struggle to think of a third-party character that would be more shocking... barring anything like Goku.

Rayman has limitless moveset potential. And he's just as relevant to Nintendo as Sonic, only he represents a different era. Since Rayman 2 on the N64, there has been a Rayman game on every Nintendo console. That's pretty significant.

N64:

Rayman 2: The Great Escape (1999)

GBC:

Rayman (2000)
Rayman 2 Forever (2001)

GBA:

Rayman Advance (2001)
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (2004)
Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge (2005)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (2006)

GCN:

Rayman Arena (2002)
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (2004)

DS:

Rayman DS (2005)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (2007)
Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party (2008)
Rayman DSi (2009)

Wii:

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (2007)
Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party (2008)
Rayman Origins (2011)

3DS:

Rayman 3D (2011)
Rayman Origins (2013)

Wii U:

Rayman Legends (2013)

Rayman could be cool, he definitely seems like he could fit nicely in the cast while having a moveset that wouldn't necessarily have to be a straight clone of anyone else. That said, it'd be a bit weird if it were true and coming out at this point, especially after Ubisoft has basically said that they've completely given up on the Wii U and the whole Rayman Legends fiasco.

Dragmire

This is fake by virtue of the fact that Mewtwo and Rayman are there, but the inevitable Splatoon character isn't.... #wishfulthinking

How rad would it be if Commander Video was playable too? If I recall, he and Rayman are the only representatives of third-party series who got trophies in this iteration of Smash, but were not made playable.

Sponge

Banned
Only thing I don't understand is why they didn't show us more of Mewtwo's render. That's a bit concerning to this leak's credibility.

Seiniyta

This is fake by virtue of the fact that Mewtwo and Rayman are there, but the inevitable Splatoon character isn't.... #wishfulthinking

If there''s going to be a splatoon character I would expect to see it in the summer or autumn. Also, the paint mechanic could work fine on WiiU but maybe is too taxing on the 3DS so no splatoon character. We'll see. I could see dlc being released for smash for years since these games tend to have very long legs anyway.

Nintendo published Rayman Legends in Japan, so it isn't any different than there being trophies from The Last Story or Pandora's Tower.

Nintendo owns The Last Story IP. Nintendo does not own Rayman. It's a completely different situation.

Do people honestly expect a character from a game that isn't out yet? They will save all Splatoon content for the inevitable sequel.

Top Bottom