• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready at Dawn (TO 1886) self-publishing its games, hires Paul Sams (Blizzard) as CEO

I enjoyed The Order and recommend others try it before writing it off, but it had issues (big ones). Namely the werewolf encounters, not the elder ones. Not only is the encounter terrible, but you do it again once or twice and it plays out exactly the same. Something special was there in The Order, but it just didn't come together. Still enjoyable, but disappointing more from the standpoint that you can literally see when playing it what it could have been.

Wish them the best of luck, in their transmedia adventures. They have talent no doubt and look forward to what is next.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Naughty Dog! Naughty Dog! Naughty Dog!

Is developer begging allowed?

You should just consider for a moment whether you would want to spend 2-3 years of your life, minimum, working on an idea that wasn't yours to begin with (and has already been poorly received by consumers). ND is among the best in the industry. Why would they do this? Same applies when people say Santa Monica should pick up Heavenly Sword.

wapplew

This is good news for the industry. At least they are not going full mobile, right?
Sad that we might never get another order, I like that game a lot.

Iacobellis

So Ready at Dawn is moving away from being an almost Sony-only studio now?

I wonder if the unannounced platform is NX.

Damn, I would have loved to see them improve on The Order. Oh well, incredible talent there at RaD...looking forward to what they bring next.

As meh as The Order was, I feel there was potential for them to make a good sequel. It's clear that they spent a huge investment on the tech. Now that it's there, they could have focused more on the creative/gameplay aspects of it. Too bad...

GI.biz has a pretty long interview.

This part is interesting, what platform could they be talking about?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-05-blizzards-paul-sams-joins-ready-at-dawn-as-new-ceo

VITA 2
BELIEVE

Interview is longer than the order

I still dont understand how that game even happened. Nothing about it seems to match the 2015 sensibilities about game design or what people are looking for

I've had more choice and big cool moments in the last few COD games

JimPanzer

The director of The Order wants to be a film-maker. Lots of his interviews allude to that.

The Order is evidence enough of that. Very filmic.

I'm not surprised Sony cut them loose (if they have), The Order looks like a giant waste of time and money. You could liken it to Heavenly Sword in lots of ways.

Same could be said about Kojima and MGS. I don't think the whole cinematic approach is what killed the game.

Alienous

So Ready at Dawn is moving away from being an almost Sony-only studio now?

I wonder if the unannounced platform is NX.

If they roughly know the specifications of it it has got to be Amazon's console, which from their words would seem to be quite powerful.

Jigorath

Banned
Sony should just give them the IP and let them pursue a sequel if they want. Would be a nice gesture. I don't really care all that much about The Order anyways so whatever.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That "unannonced platform" mention...it's either Amazon or Nintendo, I suppose. Or Ouya 2 as suggested by others here. :p

Withnail

Ooof. Sounds like Sony cancelled the sequel.

I thought The Order was quite good, would be disappointing if we don't get to see more of that world.

Does this mean The Order can go multiplat to make extra sales? Also, do you think Sony were pretty unbothered by this?

I hope, that is effectively the only game i want for ps4 at the moment. If they do that then i can hold off on getting one for another year!

Edit: nvm sony owns the IP...

eFKac

Unfortunate but I'm not surprised after critical and commercial reception of The Order that Sony wouldn't want to work with them anymore on big budget projects.

Fisty

Sounds like the "thats what happens when your CEO writes your games" finally got to Ru. Glad some of the pressure is off of him, criticisms of the writing were WAY overblown

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Press R2 to end franchise.
call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_campaign_2.jpg

Top Bottom