• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

SJRB

Gold Member
Sounds like they got the original composers back as well? That guitar riff when the group rides by sounds like classic RDR music.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
That footage was captured on an actual PS4?

Jaw, meet floor.
I will be impressed if that is direct feed real-time PS4 footage and not touched up for marketing purposes. This game might turn out to be a looker if that is the case, which would be fantastic!

KevinG

That looks good, and believable to be on the regular PS4, but until we get closer to release, I don't judge a game's graphical fidelity based on initial reveals anymore.

Uncharted 4 burned me hard. Still a beautiful game, but they set my expectations extraordinarily high.

Psoelberg

Loved that the trailer is focusing on landscape and animals. That's exactly the focus I want to see - atmosphere! Now, lets hope for some great characters and plot.

TheRed

I kinda doubt that was from PS4, but can't say anything more than that I doubt it because we won't really find out what it looks like until this time next year.

Kacho

Yeah, I'd imagine that trailer was touched up for marketing purposes but there's no doubt this game will be a looker. This is Rockstars first game developed for next gen consoles after all.

Rocketz

lmao no, dat goldfish memory here
That's your co-marketing dollars at work.

All you guys have to do is pier into the past, such as the previous GTA titles.

Hmmmm well I've only owned Microsoft systems since 2007 so I'm not out here hyping up the PS4 version.

I'm just reporting the press release.

AmyS

Trophy for making these guys extinct again?

G3wlD5Z.gif

Really hope this games has a photo mode.

9on9TER.gif

H9clvQP.gif

Lovely.

I hope the game really looks like this on PS4 Pro and Scorpio.

Bandit1

So this is looking more like Colorado/Wyoming to me, pretty mountainous regions they show in the trailer. If that's the case can we dismiss that leaked map located to the east of RDR1 (in Texas) as fake?

I have a slight obsession with old trains. So seeing that steam engine in motion and rendered with modern graphics is a real treat for me. I will likely geek out a bit when I can interact with it on a screen in front of me.

RoKKeR

Man, the music and landscapes are top notch. Not as good as R*'s other reveal trailers, but it does just enough to get me really stoked.

This game coming out in the general timeframe of the Scorpio is probably going to push me to buy that thing... damn.

Only disappointment in the trailer was a lack of the red rock, Southwest landscape that we had in the first game. Hopefully that's still there.

Nzyme32

That footage was captured on an actual PS4?

Jaw, meet floor.

I doubt it. I recall the "downgrade" of the original GTA V trailer to release, but more so, even the GTA V remaster trailer was better than it actually looked in the game, particularly the amount of traffic depicted.

I'm fairly sure PS4 Pro will get a nice bump in improvement with this game, but I wonder if Scorpio would end up with the same thing or something different considering it has significantly more power behind it if they decided not to go native 4K, which would probably demand similar to Xbox One quality at best

I kinda doubt that was from PS4, but can't say anything more than that I doubt it because we won't really find out what it looks like until this time next year.

Probably that is just a trailer on the engine, when every scene specifically optimized to look as good as possible.

I'm not trying to shit on Rockstar but their in game trailers also look much better than the final game. For example GTA 5 remaster lots of the effects and traffic density for example are toned way down or removed in the final game. The trailer was also said to be captured on a PS4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3DBrG2YjqQA

icespide

Banned
how quickly people believe that "captured on PS4" line no matter how many times we get fooled. the game is a year away, a lot can change

dominuece

Glorious. Regardless of a downgrade or whatever we fear in this modern age of gaming, they've nailed the atmosphere in the trailer.

Top Bottom