• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

Fjordson

I love the last two shots of the trailer. The guy with the fire around him and then the music drop with the gang on horses.

The last one is a good example of how improved Rockstar's camera angles in cutscenes (and their transitions out of them) are these days compared to their older games. Like those few seconds of the horses racing past the camera are more dynamic than anything in all of Red Dead Redemption.

I love this shot.

C7oKlja.jpg

Sorry for crappy mobile screen.

Night skies look to be glorious.

dreamfall

Those stars. Holy goodness.

It'll be something to just wander in that vast expanse and look up at night! I kind of will always associate RDR with summer thunderstorms and pretty nights.

I love this shot.

C7oKlja.jpg

Whether in person or via a digital recreation there are few things in this world more stunning than seeing the Milky Way in the night sky. Seeing it in person is one of the most life affirming things I've ever experienced.

The fact that the modern world has almost completely eliminated it from view via pollution is incredibly sad.

looks fantastic. i really hope (but doubt) that's base ps4 footage. because i'm not interested in copping the pro next year for the one game, as hyped as I am for it.

either way will cop on console and then pc for the replay/re-release a year or two later.

dreamfall

I do wonder if Rockstar has learned and the technical performance on both platforms will be solid. I also wonder if Scorpio launching around that time will have any significant performance gains for the game, even with the Sony marketing partnership. It's going to be an interesting time. No grass gate, frame pacing and sub HD res!

When it releases on PC, that'll be a good day.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Looks incredible, day one. No way that's running on a regular ps4 though. If they get those kind of visuals on a Pro, then I'll have to get one.

SJRB

Gold Member
I love this shot.

C7oKlja.jpg

This shot and the shot in the barn with the cowboy getting on the horse and all the dust particles were super impressive. Also the cut with the store and the detail on the storefront blew my mind.

icespide

Banned
Looks incredible, day one. No way that's running on a regular ps4 though. If they get those kind of visuals on a Pro, then I'll have to get one.

I don't really understand this. the trailer looked damn good but it didn't look like anything that would be impossible on a standard PS4

DOWN

Banned
Guys it won't look that good on consoles. They've done "captured on PS4" before and the final release had less effects, draw distance, and AI density. Original GTA V also had a downgrade from trailer to release.

Draw distance is the big one that will take a hit, but overall the visuals should look similar and great

Abhor

Holy shit that looks good. Would have liked to see more but the little we got looks really good.

I'm not double dipping. PC or bust

If not full VR support, I'd really love if they released a seperate Red Dead VR experience for PS4. Something with Move support for shooting guns, maybe some exploration on horseback. I'd love to see that beautiful world in VR.

Ponn

Banned
Oh man next fall is going to be packed, ME Andromeda, KH, FF 12 Zodiac and now this. I don't give a shit about GTA just give me the Red Dead. I hope they have zombie DLC just for the shits and giggles.

DOWN

Banned
Oh man next fall is going to be packed, ME Andromeda, KH, FF 12 Zodiac and now this. I don't give a shit about GTA just give me the Red Dead. I hope they have zombie DLC just for the shits and giggles.
Mass Effect is in spring

ShinAmano

Whether in person or via a digital recreation there are few things in this world more stunning than seeing the Milky Way in the night sky. Seeing it in person is one of the most life affirming things I've ever experienced.

The fact that the modern world has almost completely eliminated it from view via pollution is incredibly sad.
Never go out into the country? Favorite part of going to wife's parents place is seeing the milky way...so many stars it looks like dust.

icespide

Banned

I bet FF12 is the only one that actually comes out in 2017

Coffinhal

I might try a media blackout on this game. If the PS4 port is honest (900p, steady 30fps and something close to GTA V) I might buy it, but now that I'm used to 3440x1440, 1080p looks so blurry and 30fps so jaggy that I might wait 6 months for the real thing.

It might not be the tehcnical and graphical leap forward that was RDR thought, DICE and Ubisoft already pushed the line this generation rather quickly.

Guys it won't look that good on consoles. They've done "captured on PS4" before and the final release had less effects, draw distance, and AI density. Original GTA V also had a downgrade from trailer to release.

Well not really, if you look closely lots of things were improved (lighting, animations, models, density etc) and gave the overall "GTA V amazing look" but they optimized some of these things for the old-gen port (typically draw distance, density, ultra textures, shadows and everything that drains your power).

It's just the normal process of game developping.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I don't really understand this. the trailer looked damn good but it didn't look like anything that would be impossible on a standard PS4

For me it definitely does, considering Red Dead has a huge game world. No way that's running on a standard PS4.

Never go out into the country? Favorite part of going to wife's parents place is seeing the milky way...so many stars it looks like dust.

I grew up in a rural area, but it was on the East Coast so the views weren't that great. I didn't get a really good view of the milky way until I visited family in Alberta when I was 12. It was my favorite part of the trip.

Top Bottom