• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: leaked Paper Mario TTYD 3D? (Real or Fake)

There was a press event in Seattle last week, and I doubt it was just for Splatoon. Somebody could have recorded some footage without permission. I mean, it would make sense, but there's nothing substantial here to suggest that it's authentic.

Euron

I read that as Paper Metroid at first. As much as I would love a new Paper Mario for Wii U above all else, TTYD is one of my favorite games of all time so I'd definitely buy this if it's real.

(Most likely fake though)

Nekofrog

Banned
... why? Why port a fantastic game to a handheld? Why not create a grand return to the Paper Mario universe that it DESERVES on a console?

fdgdfgshjgfhskgdhgfhjfghkjsjhfh if this is real i'm going to be so mad

... why? Why port a fantastic game to a handheld? Why not create a grand return to the Paper Mario universe that it DESERVES on a console?

Because porting an old game to the 3DS totally prevents this from happening.

ffdgh

Well profit wise...this would be a no brainer. Not say a proper wii u version wouldn't be glorious ofcourse.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. Game development doesn't work like that. If anything, knowing Nintendo these days, the fact that this might be brought to the 3DS actually makes it more likely that we'll see a Wii U port.

If anything, it's probably the case that someone like Monster Games would be working on this port meaning again that we won't get a new Excite Truck. It's more logical to complain about this game possibly meaning no new Excite Truck than it is to complain about it meaning no new Paper Mario.

Muzy72

Banned

More often than not, remasters are used to hype us up for upcoming sequels. (See: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D)

Sterok

Hanhelds are in no way lesser than consoles. If Nintendo hasn't taught people that by now, then it's not their problem. Handhelds and consoles equally deserve top tier treatment and games. That and porting to the 3DS is much cheaper and will get more sales.

Too bad this almost certainly isn't real. I wasn't a huge fan of TTYD, but I liked it enough that I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. It's both fun and funny.

Why would you be mad at Nintendo officially acknowledging & re-popularizing the best game from that "era" of Paper Mario? If anything, that's a step towards a "grand return".

DarkTom

This game has a huge reputation. I have never read a bad opinion about it. I would probably buy such a port, because the GC game is expensive and a console RPG is not easy to finish for me, handheld or off-tv support is almost necessary.

hirokazu

Do any Nintendo games still show the Nintendo logo at bootup? I know they abandoned startup logos on Wii U. I don't recall seeing it in a while on 3DS either. So I guess fake?

Nekofrog

Banned
Why would you be mad at Nintendo officially acknowledging & re-popularizing the best game from that "era" of Paper Mario? If anything, that's a step towards a "grand return".

Because I have absolutely 0 faith in Nintendo to do the right thing and bring Paper Mario back to the highs of TTYD, and I have 0 interest in TTYD on a handheld that I stopped caring about years ago.

Brofield

Absolute Day 1 no questions asked if real.

Unless it was on the New 3DS. Then I'd cry.

What is the power difference between the Gamecube and n/3DS? I'd think that a regular 3DS could run it, but a lot of additional features would be reserved for the n3DS to make it a better sale.

I hope so. I would absolutely get another 3DS for this game.

EDIT: I'd also get a WiiU if that means they're making a new Paper Mario game (Fuck Sticker Star)

RM8

Fake fake fake. Fake. Still, I want this to happen so we can properly measure the sales of RPG Paper Mario vs. non-RPG Paper Mario. But I'd prefer a remake of 64, personally :p

Because I have absolutely 0 faith in Nintendo to do the right thing and bring Paper Mario back to the highs of TTYD, and I have 0 interest in TTYD on a handheld that I stopped caring about years ago.

Apparently you have such low interest that you still managed the effort to complain about a vague rumor of a port that you conceptually despise for a handheld that you don't care for.

Oh God, this would make me buy a N3DS XL immediately I love this and the N64 one so fucking much. It's the closest to SMRPG we will probably ever get, which really sucks because SMRPG is fucking amazing and they should've kept going with the concept, battle/item systems, party members, etc.

This and MM3D would probably be enough to reinvest in a 3DS.

G-Pink

I'd be pretty pleased if this were true, since TTYD is the best of the Paper Marios, and allowing others to experience it for the first time can only be good.

But why this game? What's the damn board room meeting conversation that results in some guy pulling this game up? Why not the first one? So damn specific.

Not that I wouldn't get this, but two Paper Mario games on one system? Would be a first, just saying. It would also be the third Mario RPG on the same system. We had two M&L games on DS, sure, but...

Not that I wouldn't get this, but two Paper Mario games on one system? Would be a first, just saying. It would also be the third Mario RPG on the same system. We had two M&L games on DS, sure, but...

Wii had Paper Mario 2 and Super Paper Mario

edit: nm. I was thinking the reverse before Super Paper Mario was moved to the Wii.

All the people saying that Paper Mario would be perfect for the 3DS are hilarious, given that, you know, we got Sticker Star already.

I would much rather have a new traditional Paper Mario RPG than a remake of The Thousand Year Door. Just release that on Wii U.

Shojx

I'm hoping fake.

TTYD is a great game by itself, and doesn't need a pointless 3DS port.

I want a new Paper Mario title, not the port of an older one. And truthfully, I want said new game on a home console, not a handheld.

I don't want "both" because I don't see what TTYD has to gain by being ported to the 3DS. If they want to re-release the game, I think Nintendo should get their act together in regards to the Virtual Console service and release it through that.

Madao

it's so fake that it blows my mind anyone could fall for this.

the fact the gif conveniently avoids the screen right before the loading screen is one of the usual scam tactics. also, no live gameplay or 3D mode on pretty much give it away.

Fandangox

I don't want "both" because I don't see what TTYD has to gain by being ported to the 3DS. If they want to re-release the game, I think Nintendo should get their act together in regards to the Virtual Console service and release it through that.

Well it has a potential new audience to gain by being re-released. Then again, what difference does the distribution method makes? Why are you okay with a VC rerelease, but oppose a theoretical retail port?

Mistle

One of my favourite games ever, but come on, I want a proper sequel :( I don't really need this on 3DS.

Good for more people to play it though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Because it's easier to develop for and it would reach a broader audience.

Top Bottom