• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: leaked Paper Mario TTYD 3D? (Real or Fake)

Oli

I agree with the sentiment that after the Rayman leak, it's hard to believe this one.

Honestly I thought the Rayman one looked fake for the longest time, but what sold me on it was the point where you think, "No way someone spent this much time making this."

But guess what. People will.

I'd prefer something like this, tbqf.

jsYA5Zk.png

Porsche9146

Neo Member
Would buy, but I'd be bitter if Nintendo acknowledged the either of the first two Paper Marios without going back to making the series in that mold. By far the best and most creative use of the Mario IP.

MrDaravon

I would fucking kill for this. This game is pretty much the only reason I'm sad I don't have a Gamecube anymore, and the last two Paper Mario games being a disappointment (holy shit Sticker Star was awful) make it even worse. Yeah sure I'd rather have an HD version on console or whatever, but I'll more than certainly take this. Quite frankly after the last two games I wouldn't take a new game over a port of TTYD, I don't trust them on this series anymore.

Amir0x

Banned
Maaaan, I've been away too long. I just learned today Hideo Kojima is apparently splitting from Konami (I'm sort of ambivalent about it, he's ruined as many MGS games with his story direction as he's made good imo), but my heart can't take this news. It'd be too magical. So I'm going with FAKE.

taa0098

Neo Member
I doubt this will happen, but port it and then make a proper sequel. TTYD was as close to a perfect game as it got for me.

But why the hideous gold? This isn't Zelda.

What happens when paper ages?

It turns a distinctive brownish gold color.

It's meant to mimic what happens when a great piece of paper ages, such as the declaration of independence or what have you.

Yes I just compared a trilogy of awesome video games to a very important document. Flame me, I don't care.

Shojx

Well it has a potential new audience to gain by being re-released. Then again, what difference does the distribution method makes? Why are you okay with a VC rerelease, but oppose a theoretical retail port?

Because there is less required effort from the development team if it's a VC re-release as opposed to a port developed for an entirely new system. I'd rather them work entirely on a new title.

And I knew someone would counter with the potential to gain a new audience, and I agree, but that sort of reasoning could be used for any game, not just this one. Every single "great game" from the past generations could stand to gain a new audience via ports to current gen, but we can't port them all. That's what makes re-releasing older games to newer systems in their original state (such as emulation) feasible.

I know the Paper Mario series' reputation in particular could stand to benefit from a good title being released on a current gen console, as Sticker Star may have done quite a bit of damage to that area, but I'd rather them do so by releasing a new title, as opposed to porting an (admittedly great) older one.

It doesn't help that I'm tired of ports in general, and I'm ready for this series to redeem itself with a brand new title that's truer to its RPG roots.

I'm saying all of this as someone who considers these games (64 & TTYD) in my top 10. So even if it's real, I'd still buy it. But if they really want to play around with ports, I'd rather a Paper Mario 64 + TTYD HD port for the Wii U or something, since as I said earlier, I prefer this series on a home console.

sinxtanx

OBVIOUS FAKE

• title screen video made in whatever using easily sourcable assets from the gamecube game
  • can't see the bottom screen for the video since it is being played back by the 3DS video player
  • only thing that shows bottom screen is static screen, which looks photoshopped
  • also http://imageedited.com/ told me it was photoshopped

Crayolan

What happens when paper ages?

It turns a distinctive brownish gold color.

It's meant to mimic what happens when a great piece of paper ages, such as the declaration of independence or what have you.

Yes I just compared a trilogy of awesome video games to a very important document. Flame me, I don't care.

That's clever. Still ugly, but clever.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I honestly rather have a rerelease of the first Mario & Luigi game on 3DS. Or rather. just release it on the eShop. Why the fuck is that only available on consoles?

I honestly rather have a rerelease of the first Mario & Luigi game on 3DS.

Is it sad that that was what I wanted from a 3DS M&L game at first? Of course, they brought back Popple in Dream Team so that took care of like 25% the reason why I wanted a remake.

It's wierd. For some series Nintendo believe in just continuously making new entries, yet some series are fine with near-constant ports and remakes, like Zelda.

Dr. Buni

I think it is fake, but I hope it is real. The game is popular, so why not port it?

Nways, I'd buy a Super Paper Mario 3DS port (assuming it wouldn't be New 3DS exclusive), but TTYD... Nah. As much as I wanted to love it, the game bored me to tears.

Converse

Banned
I do believe this is fake, and I hope it's fake. If we're going to keep getting re-releases of games, please put them on superior hardware. I understand the economic motivation of Nintendo's 3DS re-releases, but I'd so much rather see this in 1080p on the Wii U than see it at 400 x 240 on the 3DS.

Let's clear this up for all future "leaks": Anything that shows the bare minimum is automatically fake. If he could have pressed a button to show another screen or menu, and didn't, it's fake. If he could have shown you the cartridge and didn't, it's fake. If he could have shown you the bottom screen and didn't, it's fake. If he uploaded a five-second clip of the title screen instead of a ten-minute gameplay video, it's fake. If the video has no sound, it's fake.

Dr. Buni

I do believe this is fake, and I hope it's fake. If we're going to keep getting re-releases of games, please put them on superior hardware. I understand the economic motivation of Nintendo's 3DS re-releases, but I'd so much rather see this in 1080p on the Wii U than see it at 400 x 240 on the 3DS.
I'd rather have re-releases on handhelds. Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are much better experiences on the 3DS and it is not only because of the upgraded graphics.

Plus, handheld games are cheaper :3

Top Bottom