• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: NX Handheld Dimensions, Layout Info, Lack of Region Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why would an indie dev not working for Nintendo know that?

They don't. That's why I said I don't believe it.

Is this actually true? I thought the Gamepad does nothing itself except receive a signal from the Wii U.

IIRC, one of the original rumors for Wii U's gamepad was that it had a DS slot to play DS games as well.

L Thammy

"Maybe Nintendo holds its 1st party for a month or two … or maybe the big ones (EA/Ubisoft) will release a title or two with it. Ubisoft works very close to Nintendo and they are big… as I see Watch Dogs 2 was just designed for NX so… maybe it is a title for the launch."​

Okay, done reading this. I'm not sure what situation would be more pathetic; that the writer of the article made this stuff up and expected it to be believed or that he actually interviewed someone and believed it.

Towards the end, the interviewee claims that there's an expanded version of Miitomo with interesting Tomodachi Life / Animal Crossing style events. Is he supposed to be a Nintendo developer or what?

And earlier on he said that the interviewee responded to a question with just a smirk, so I guess the story is supposed to be that they met in person?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It comes off like he is interviewing him/herself. The writing structure is nearly identical.

I know most people don't care for SMD, but he made a new video on a podcasts from those Gameblog guys who leaked the PS meeting. Also he said Nico said the NX is more powerful than the PS4. Is that our same Nico we're using right now as a source??

https://youtu.be/ScwIn2mi1pg

This is the podcast
https://youtu.be/R2LtxxDlaQo

I guess they said
-NX is more powerful than PS4
-NX to have two Ubisoft exclusives
-It will be AR and VR compatible
-All Japanese third party devs on board with NX
-One is Beyond Good and Evil 2 and the other will release in the launch window
-They said the NX was "delayed" to get a specs increase
-Was going to launch in November 2017 with 30 games before delay
-Also they said the NX is a home console with a portable aspect to it

I'm listening for more and update. I think that's about everything. He said he has it all translated

My bad. They said Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an exclusive (they never specified when it would released), but said the other Ubisoft exclusive would be a launch window game.

Clessidor

I don't get why this 10do people would double down on something they knew people figured out was a joke, especially when it comes to NX.

It feels like they're serious and it will happen tomorrow.

They aren't really double down. Their latest fb post goes something like this:
(..)we are aware, that our announcement is polarizing and that is intended! We only ask you to wait until Tuesday 4pm GMT or after you have seen by yourself what really behind this thing is before you call us unserious, mean and clickbait.
It sounds for me like they only started to defend themselfs against the outrage and want to make it clear, that it is just a messed up joke without saying it is joke yet, because they still want to put out their parody video tomorrow and didn't want to spoil the experience.
Which I think is impossible.

You really shouldn't expect much for tomorrow. Really.

They aren't really double down. Their latest fb post goes something like this:

It sounds for me like they only started to defend themselfs against the outrage and want to make it clear, that it is just a messed up joke without saying it is joke yet, because they still want to put out their parody video tomorrow and didn't want to spoil the experience.
Which I think is impossible.

You really shouldn't expect much for tomorrow. Really.

My "doubling down" interpretation is more from the comments below that post than the post itself.

But I don't think anyone's really expecting anything to come of this beyond a fansite embarrassing themselves, don't worry.

HeySeuss

I know most people don't care for SMD, but he made a new video on a podcasts from those Gameblog guys who leaked the PS meeting. Also he said Nico said the NX is more powerful than the PS4. Is that our same Nico we're using right now as a source??

I guess they said
-One is Beyond Good and Evil 2 at launch and the other will release in the launch window

I'm listening for more and update. I think that's about everything. He said he has it all translated

Call bs on the Beyond G&E because we already know that Just Dance 2017 is a release title from Ubi.

Call bs on the Beyond G&E because we already know that Just Dance 2017 is a release title from Ubi.
My bad. They said Beyond Good and Evil 2 would be exclusive to NX, but they didn't say when it would release for NX.

The other Ubisoft exclusive IP is supposed to release in the launch window of NX. Just Dance 2017 is a multiplat.

This is the podcast

I guess they said

My bad. They said Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an exclusive (they never specified when it would released), but said the other Ubisoft exclusive would be a launch window game.
Beyond Good and Evil was from Destructoid and a Nintendo system launching with Ubisoft exclusives isn't rare, pretty sure most Nintendo systems since DS have launched with like 3 Ubisoft titles. On Wii Raving Rabbids and Red Steel were exclusives, on 3DS there was a ghost recon game, on Wii U there was a bad sports mini game collection and ZombiU.
30 games before the delay sounds insane and made up. Pretty sure Wii U launched with 18 and that was more than PS4 and X1 so 12 more before the delay seems unrealistic.

cinqpesetas

Neo Member
I guess they said
-One is Beyond Good and Evil 2 at launch and the other will release in the launch window

SMD is slightly incorrect
Gameblog did say they heard NX power is between PS4 and Neo. It seems legit for them as they also heard that ports from PS4 games to Nx are easy which should mean that Nx is at least as powerfull as PS4.
For BGE 2 exclusivity on NX, Gameblog's journalist added today that he isn't so sure anymore. He is not even sure the game exists.
The rest is a correct translation.

Kazooie

Banned
Any rumours as to when we might see an unveiling? Everyone was originally hoping for a Q4 2016 launch but that looks to be out of the window now.

Beyond Good and Evil was from Destructoid and a Nintendo system launching with Ubisoft exclusives isn't rare, pretty sure most Nintendo systems since DS have launched with like 3 Ubisoft titles. On Wii Raving Rabbids and Red Steel were exclusives, on 3DS there was a ghost recon game, on Wii U there was a bad sports mini game collection and ZombiU.
30 games before the delay sounds insane and made up. Pretty sure Wii U launched with 18 and that was more than PS4 and X1 so 12 more before the delay seems unrealistic.

The Wii U has 32 launch games according to this

http://m.ign.com/wikis/wii-u/Wii_U_Launch_Games_(US)

That would make the 30 games for NX believeable.

Malus

Any rumours as to when we might see an unveiling? Everyone was originally hoping for a Q4 2016 launch but that looks to be out of the window now.

Week of the 13th of September according to Gameblog, around 20th of September according to Nicowav, before TGS according to WSJ analysts, and just September according to Eurogamer.

MuchoMalo

Banned

This is the podcast

I guess they said

All of them!?

Make sure to see where his sources are before listening to anything he says. He's in full desperation mode now.

SMD is slightly incorrect
Gameblog did say they heard NX power is between PS4 and Neo. It seems legit for them as they also heard that ports from PS4 games to Nx are easy which should mean that Nx is at least as powerfull as PS4.
For BGE 2 exclusivity on NX, Gameblog's journalist added today that he isn't so sure anymore. He is not even sure the game exists.
The rest is a correct translation.

Ah ok cool. Thanks for the update translation. So BG&E2 they're not so sure about anymore. Hmm

All of them!?

Make sure to see where his sources are before listening to anything he says. He's in full desperation mode now.

Well you can talk to this guy I quoted above you since he translated it and confirmed it.

BGE2 is a poorly kept secret at this point.
That was one of the earliest rumored titles backed by Destructoid...I'm not too sure about it. Can't see Nintendo funding a 3rd party Zelda like game with a massive Ubisoft budget.
Only way I can see it happening:
  • It was in the works for PS360 and releasing on PS4/X1 would require a massive reworking for it to match modern standards so Nintendo is stepping in to help finish funding that version and port it to NX
  • it's a very scaled back project with limited scope
Otherwise I don't see Ubisoft devoting resources and Nintneod devoting financial backing for a big project that they won't completely own when they have their own Zelda game to cover that audience as well as they could invest that into a lot of different projects like Metroid. It's not like BG&E sold well either

There was no Pokemon game last year.
At the time, Masuda was saying they are going to go yearly. They stopped that the following year and all evidence is that Pokemon Z was cancelled to focus on Sun and Moon.

As for the indie developer, if it's who I think it is, that interview is bullshit.

Dystify

All of them!?

Yeah I didn't watch the video but I hope he didn't say it exactly like that. There are tons of 3rd parties many of which only release small titles on PC, Vita, smartphones and so on. Saying ALL of them are on NX is just strange and will never happen. If he said all big 3rd parties then that makes more sense.

Yeah I didn't watch the video but I hope he didn't say it exactly like that. There are tons of 3rd parties many of which only release small titles on PC, Vita, smartphones and so on. Saying ALL of them are on NX is just strange and will never happen. If he said all big 3rd parties then that makes more sense.
I think maybe you're taking it too literal. I'm sure they just meant most of the big Japanese third party and not literally every single Japanese developer lol.

Please, no more summaries of rumors from SMD

It's not from him. It's from a podcast (Gameblog) and a user in here just said the translation was correct for the most part.

Added to the NX rumor list:

• A Mario Sports Superstars port (Source)
Reference on the leaker (NicoWav): He's a french writer who predicted two new Pokémon games are on the way just before Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire were announced. He also predicted a third-party exclusive title in the style of Bayonetta, which turned out to be Devil’s Third. The last thing he talked about was a remastered classic that is coming to Wii U, which turned out to be The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. (Link)

All of these leaks are a little vague, but were right nonetheless which is why I'm adding the Mario sports game to the list.

The updated NX rumor list can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215758899&postcount=3056

This totally confirms that the gimmick is detachable controllers for casual 2 player local multiplayer on every console.

If you buy an additional controller you get 4 player casual multiplayer.

This totally confirms that the gimmick is detachable controllers for casual 2 player local multiplayer on every console.

If you buy an additional controller you get 4 player casual multiplayer.

I tend to agree with you.

Local, on-the-go multiplayer combined with this new Mario Sports game seems like a perfect match

tumblr_li46pe1m8I1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

This is the podcast

I guess they said

If I remember correctly, 10k at first believed NicoWav said it in an older Gameblog podcast, but it wasn't actually the case, as daakusedo stated. And 10k already admitted he was wrong, by confusing him with Julien.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215352552&postcount=3252

FYI, what 10k is claiming on twitter about nicowav and a amd console is completely false.
He gave the podcast link where he think it's been said but not at all the case.

Now, hopefully that's not the case, but I wonder if SMD is actually bringing up 10k's mistaken claim by stating Nico said NX is more powerful than PS4.

However, considering how daakusedo seems to be well informed on NicoWav's statements, I'd like to know (if possible) if he ever said NX would've been more powerful than PS4. That would also give a definitive and better context to NicoWav's reliability.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I know most people don't care for SMD,

Why are we suddenly getting here rumours from SMD? He stated he has no sources, it's all his speculation. He has a GAF user, he can speculate on his user like all of us. At this point you might as well post some rumours from HappyNintendoFan, he was crying for GAF's attention earlier anyhow.

It comes off like he is interviewing him/herself. The writing structure is nearly identical.

So I'm not the only one who noticed this. There's not real break of talking style between the writer and the developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom