• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed [WE DO IT!]

Maybe they could at least give Leon snappy dialogue with a sarcastic as hell VA to match up to his RE4 personality. Then again RE6 undoes it anyway. Oh fuck it.

Ralemont

not me
I have the opinion there's not a straight-out bad RE game out there. I even think Operation Raccoon City and Gaiden are okay games, just weaker than the rest of the series for me.

14.) Resident Evil Survivor (I actually liked this more than I expected I would. It's not a favorite, but I still say it's good and had fun with it. Liked the different level system, and how there were usually three different possible levels you could end up in)

Survivor is a straight-up bad game, mang.

And Resident Evil 6 is worth playing just for Jake and Sherry alone.

RE2>REmake>RE3>RE4>RE:CV>Rev2>RE5>RE0>RE6>Rev1

BadWolf

I can agree with that. I think the overall package is very good though.

Yeah, at the end of the day there is just so much content there.

When replaying you have the choice between 4 campaigns (that play differently depending on what character you choose to use), mercenaries etc.

And the best part is that it not only has chapter select but you can select sections within a chapter so it's very easy to just skip the areas within a chapter you don't like.

Ralemont

not me
I can agree with that. I think the overall package is very good though.

It is, but I also have this imaginary RE6 in my head where Jake and Sherry are the only main characters, and the good levels from Leon's campaign replace the bad ones from their campaign. And suddenly we have a tight, great action game start to finish.

RE6 is very underrated. 4 full campaigns, 3 of which are as long as other individual games. You really get your money's worth for the single player.

I put in probably around 80 hours or something before getting the Platinum and even continued to play it. Mercs is so good. The story modes aren't perfect but after a while you just learn to go with it. I also find RE5 and RE6 to have some of the coolest final bosses with incredible music as well.

I don't want the voices changed. Don't know why that's even up for discussion. I loved them all.

I do too but it's a remake. It isn't going to be the same game verbatim. The writing itself will likely change dramatically, and can you imagine putting original voice clips along with new facial animations and such? It's a much trickier thing than just reusing old stuff and frankly not a good idea.

I'm not a fan of multiple campaigns in RE since it's never pulled off to my satisfaction. RE6 could have been a super polished, well varied, long adventure like RE4, but instead it was four messy campaigns. The very definition of quantity over quality.

I'm not a fan of multiple campaigns in RE since it's never pulled off to my satisfaction. RE6 could have been a super polished, well varied, long adventure like RE4, but instead it was four messy campaigns. The very definition of quantity over quality.

RE2 handled this like a champ. The multiple scenarios were incredible and nothing at all like the way RE6 went about it. They're not even comparable. In fact it's probably the reason why I think of it as the best installment. To me it was almost like discovering the inverted castle in Symphony. The quality of the scenarios didn't take a hit either, if anything the secondary scenarios were even better, scarier, and more challenging.

djshauny

Banned
RE6>RE6>RE6>Revelations1>Revelations2>
RE4>REdeadaim>REsurvivor>RERacoonCity>RCV>RE0>RE3>RE>RE5>RE2>REoutbreak>REoutbreak2

Fuck lists. All seriousness really RE2 is my all time fav and most played RE followed by remake and 4. About time they did this remake and can't fucking wait.

Fuck RE6 IN THE ASS lol.

BadWolf

It's funny how RE6 would have been a much better and more focused game if they had just thrown less money at it.

RE2 handled this like a champ. The multiple scenarios were incredible and nothing at all like the way RE6 went about it. They're not even comparable. In fact it's probably the reason why I think of it as the best installment. To me it was almost like discovering the inverted castle in Symphony.
RE1 also did it great. RE6's campaign problem was that it wasn't just trying to tell a story from different viewpoints but also trying to appease to every type of RE fan out there instead of making something concise

I don't mind redoing the dialogue but please get Alyson Court back. :(

I wouldn't count on it as she'd have to be interested in addition to Capcom reaching out to her, and considering those things the chances would be slim to none.

It could be the lady who voiced her in Revelations 2, and I'd also be okay with that because she did great.

Golnei

It's funny how RE6 would have been a much better and more focused game if they had just thrown less money at it.

I couldn't agree more, RE6's bloat was the heart of its problems - a single campaign with tighter encounter design, greater focus on the core gameplay and fewer setpieces which deviate from it (the vehicle sections...why?) would have unquestionably resulted in a better game.

Great, it's a shame that it will be a long time until we see it, but I really hope they do it in the style of REmake. I'd actually prefer really high quality 3D backgrounds, but I can live with things being modeled in 3D if they can manage to attain the same level of detail REmake's backgrounds have.

I couldn't agree more, RE6's bloat was the heart of its problems - a single campaign with tighter encounter design, greater focus on the core gameplay and fewer setpieces which deviate from it (the vehicle sections...why?) would have unquestionably resulted in a better game.
I really hope with RE7 they'll understand the things they did right and wrong so they can improve upon RE6's style of gameplay. I think all they'd need to do is make some minor tweaks to the gameplay and just make a much better campaign to go with it and they could easily make RE6 completely obsolete.

Grief.exe

Sounds like I need to play REV2, I thoroughly disliked the first game.

I don't want the voices changed. Don't know why that's even up for discussion. I loved them all.

I'd imagine they would have been a low-quality recording. So the point is moot as Capcom will have to rerecord them anyways.

In terms of voices. I'd love if they could bring back Alyson Court the original VA for Claire Redfield. I think she was actually quite surprised herself when Capcom decided not to use her voice for RE:Revelations 2. I'm sure she'd love to reprise the role and to me she's the only Claire Redfield. She was also the longest running VA in the franchise when typically Capcom goes through different VA's per game. So she was consistent at least.

For Leon however. Well, his original RE2 voice only ever worked on that game, so it probably wouldn't make sense to bring him back again. Would be cool though if they could somehow bring him back. Paul Mercier replaced him in RE4 and the RE:Degeneration movie. He played the sarcastic, hardened veteran perfectly. I'm not sure why Capcom decided to use a different VA for RE6. Personally I'd love to see Mercier back.

As for ADA. Well, it has to be the original, RE4 and movie VA.

LUXURY

I do too but it's a remake. It isn't going to be the same game verbatim. The writing itself will likely change dramatically, and can you imagine putting original voice clips along with new facial animations and such? It's a much trickier thing than just reusing old stuff and frankly not a good idea.

Yeah. I know. It's all just nostalgia and I don't want it to change but it's a remake and it's what we wanted so we gotta deal. I just hope there is a chance Alyson will record lines for Claire.

Sounds like I need to play REV2, I thoroughly disliked the first game.

I'd imagine they would have been a low-quality recording. So the point is moot as Capcom will have to rerecord them anyways.

Lmao. Yeas. 90s recordings. Oh the days. Hm, I have Revelations 2 and I played through the first chapter and some of the second. It was honestly just okay. Something I could play if I was bored but nothing I needed to play. Never even touched the first.

RE2 handled this like a champ. The multiple scenarios were incredible and nothing at all like the way RE6 went about it. They're not even comparable. In fact it's probably the reason why I think of it as the best installment. To me it was almost like discovering the inverted castle in Symphony. The quality of the scenarios didn't take a hit either, if anything the secondary scenarios were even better, scarier, and more challenging.
It's handled much better in RE2 yeah, and yes a very different way where it's about perspective, rather than the campaigns themselves being separate, but of course it repeats itself a lot as a result, but since it's short, it's not too bad, but at the same time since it's short, I can't help but wish it was a longer, meatier single experience instead. I still prefer the RE4, and CV, method of a long, and varied single playthrough.

No, I'm thinking of overloved, overused joke of a character and franchise douchebag; Leon.

G-fex, you're small time

resident_evil_4_leon_on_the_throne_by_razorkillerthehedgie-d8058gf.jpg

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they really paint Leon as an inexperienced rookie cop. We already have cocky, badass Leon. Let's truly see his first days on the job in HD.

All they need to do is give it the same treatment as they gave to the Resident Evil Remake originally on Gamecube, which was sensational (arguably the best Resident Evil game) and they can't go wrong...but this is Crapcom, so I'm not holding my breath.

It's handled much better in RE2 yeah, and yes a very different way where it's about perspective, rather than the campaigns themselves being separate, but of course it repeats itself a lot as a result, but since it's short, it's not too bad, but at the same time since it's short, I can't help but wish it was a longer, meatier single experience instead. I still prefer the RE4, and CV, method of a long, and varied single playthrough.

I'm fine with both. While RE6 was too bloated, I thought RE4 was way too long. RE2 still remains one of the most perfect RE experiences to me in terms of length, pacing and content. It's a bit shorter story-wise but when you play through all four scenarios, I mean that's a pretty meaty enough thing. I got plenty of time out of it while never thinking it was dragging on like RE4.

ZeroCDR

I hope they really paint Leon as an inexperienced rookie cop. We already have cocky, badass Leon. Let's truly see his first days on the job in HD.

Definitely, if I see Leon suplexing zombies in this remake I'm going to be very annoyed. First day on the job, great huh?

Top Bottom