• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Ha this is funny, we all saw this coming. I'm buying it 4resident evil.

If I get all of these on disc, 5 out of 12 of my PS4 games will be resident evils.

I'll be buying a physical copy for Resident Evil 4 for my PS4 in 2016 (unless I misunderstood something). I can't quite explain how that makes me feel, it just feels awesome.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
They can remaster Code Veronica and clean up the models and backgrounds. RE3, much like RE1 and RE2, is a game that can only exist on modern consoles if it's fully remade.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet they release a disc collection of Resident Evil (not remake), 2, 3, and CV; just like the mega man collection. The original, 2, and 3 are already like 640x480 on PC, so they'll probably just use software filters like whenever they release a genesis or old arcade game.

Nerrel

If you have the PC versions you probably have absolutely no need for these or the 1440p ports that will probably be sold next gen.

Aside from RE5 not having co-op support, which kills the best thing about the game. Playing RE5 with a friend elevates the game's quality to near RE4 levels.

3 will bust out of nowhere with a surprise announcement.

When you're walking by a window you thought was safe before.

Aside from RE5 not having co-op support, which kills the best thing about the game. Playing RE5 with a friend elevates the game's quality to near RE4 levels.

You should probably specify 'local co-op on the Steamworks version of the game'. You can still download the GFWL version and make use of a split-screen mod. And all PC versions have functional online co-op.

Can't wait for 4 but will buy all of them if they come out as a bundle. Never played six and feel indifferent of 5. Really just want to play re2remake because it's one of the resident evils I've never got to play.

Friend of mine was talking about how this is a bit much and is kinda over saturating the series. He really just wants a new one and so do I but I see this being a way for capcom to give them some breathing room. Cause honestly no matter what resident evil comes out people will buy them because they all are pretty good in their own way and do have replayablity. At least due to all this I hope they will have more time and money to make re7 worthy of the name and be close to being as good as 4 and 1.

Bishop89

I think they'd have to pay me to play RE6 again.

its comments like these which make me question whether RE6 is a good Video game or not. Or if people are just hating it cause its a bad resident evil game.

Edit: Ive only played the first chapter of Leons campaign and enjoyed it, got distracted by other games so kind of put it back in my backlog. Will revisit with the ps4 one.
People said re5 was a bad game too, and that was great.. so whatever i guess.

its comments like these which make me question whether RE6 is a good Video game or not. Or if people are just hating it cause its a bad resident evil game.

I'd say it's a bad Resident Evil game, but a technically interesting video game. The combat mechanics were intriguing and well developed, and the Mercenaries mode was very fun because of that.

sp3ctr3

Resident 4, 5, and 6 will all be available digitally for MSRP $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.99 each starting with Resident Evil 6 on March 29, Resident Evil 5 in summer 2016 and Resident Evil 4 in fall 2016. Physical disc versions will also be available in the Americas.

Only physical disc release in America?

Edit: Ive only played the first chapter of Leons campaign and enjoyed it, got distracted by other games so kind of put it back in my backlog. Will revisit with the ps4 one.
People said re5 was a bad game too, and that was great.. so whatever i guess.

I'd say it's a bad Resident Evil game, but a technically interesting video game. The combat mechanics were intriguing and well developed, and the Mercenaries mode was very fun because of that.

I'd say it's a bad both. The parts in the city where you have to fight the giant beast were abhorrent.

The mechanics just weren't polished or that good.

The only part I enjoyed was some of Leon's campaign. I've been meaning to go back and finish the game, but just can't bring myself to.

Anyways, that'll be my last comment about it. I'm looking forward to 4/5.

m4st4

Can't wait to play RE6 for the first time, I've only tried Leon campaign and it was pretty good - really atmospheric.

I'll buy all three.

4 is great.

5 is a GREAT co-op game, but just good otherwise.

6 jumped the shark (gameplay wise)...Leon is better doing wrestling moves than shooting! - but I'll still play it again.

5 is one of the best co op experiences I have ever had that immediately stands out to me. Will probably get that again to relive the good days

myco666

I'll buy all three.

4 is great.

5 is a GREAT co-op game, but just good otherwise.

6 jumped the shark (gameplay wise)...Leon is better doing wrestling moves than shooting! - but I'll still play it again.

This was already a thing in RE4. Most of the time I killed Ganados with suplexes and kicks. RE6 goes even further though.

Has Capcom developed any new IP at all this gen?

The financial failure of Dragon's Dogma may have scared them off of new IPs for a while, unless it's being subsidised by a platform holder. They have a lot of great franchises but are hard-up for cash at the moment so I'm not particularly surprised they're doubling-down on HD remasters.

Can't wait to play RE6 for the first time, I've only tried Leon campaign and it was pretty good - really atmospheric.

Unfortunately dude you've played by far the best campaign first*.

*NB - I didn't play the Ada campaign.

They're fully admitting the 4 is the only one people really want.

It makes sense to me. They're finishing out the year with arguably the best Resi game. Plus, I'm sure it needs the most time to bring it up to spec for modern systems. Haven't even the PC ports of Resi 4 been godawful?

gconsole

My memory is a bit vague but given the similarities between RE2 and RE3 on a technical level (and RE3's smaller scale).. If I was capcom I would remake them at the same time.

The only overlaps area in RE2/3 is just a small part in police station, I doubt it will be much different. But I don't mind if there is anything that can get us RE3 remake.

Carn82

The only overlaps area in RE2/3 is just a small part in police station, I doubt it will be much different. But I don't mind if there is anything that can get us RE3 remake.

Oh I know, but my point is more like, "Hey, if you're already remaking those 80 something backgrounds, throw in those other 40 as well". (pulling these numbers out of my ass, but I hope you get where im getting at)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
RE6 forever!

I'll be coming back to this thread to find xbone peeps to coop with!

Top Bottom