• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

I think it's quite possible we will. Capcom seems to be future-proofing their entire RE catalog. If REmake 2 does well, they'll do RE3 next, if they're not planning it already.

After today's announcement, and with knowing RE2 is happening right as we speak, I think we are closer to them remaking 3 than we ever have been.

If RE2 sells at least 2m, then RE3 is a sure bet. Probably even at 1m if it does it as fast as RE HD.

I would hope Capcom would treat it with respect as a new mainline title and market the hell out of it. It may not manage RE5 or even 6 numbers, but REmake2 with the marketing scope of either should do amazing.

Give it the same marketing treatment as the remasters or even the revelations (aka hardly any) and yeah, that's the best we can likely hope for.

Neiteio

Hopefully the fall release for RE4 means they're doing a little extra for it.

Just buy the fan-made ultra-hd texture mod in the works and apply it.

jrDev

Boom!

For 20 bucks Im in. (Actually with Bestbuy GC its like $16 :D)

EDIT: I don't understand how this is being sold at all. I will be buying the disk version so what and when should I expect?

No reason to buy these especially if you already have them on PC.

RE4 on PC is god-like now, the Steam version at least. RE5 Gold Steam is good too, I think there is no GFWL in that one.

3O7EcOL.gif

WHAT

THE

FUCK

IS

THIS

I think it's quite possible we will. Capcom seems to be future-proofing their entire RE catalog. If REmake 2 does well, they'll do RE3 next, if they're not planning it already.

REMAK3 would release in 2020 at this rate , I believe RE remake 2 will come out late 2017/early 2018 :(

but It'd be cool to have a RE3 remake since nemesis is god B^)

RedSwirl

Oh no, Im not complaining about the work of those guys on that passion project.

My complain is directed towards capcom, they just at this point just give it the REMake treatment, don't change gameplay, dont change story and so on, JUST remake it with a new engine with all the new technologies available now that were not available at the time.

Literally, Im just asking them do what they did with REMake.

A better comparison would probably be Halo Anniversary -- the exact same code with a new graphics engine and new assets running on top.

Short of that though, the best thing anyone could do for RE4 at this point would be to retexture it, which that group is already doing.

Here's hoping that RE4 is based on the GameCube version and not the PC port after the PS2's release.

Kind of ridiculous to see that the GameCube version is the still by far the best version of RE4, considering how many times cashcom has re-release it.

Here's hoping that RE4 is based on the GameCube version and not the PC port after the PS2's release.

Kind of ridiculous to see that the GameCube version is the still by far the best version of RE4, considering how many times cashcom has re-release it.

Wat HD PC version is based on GC/Wii version. The only other one based on the PS2 version is the PC version Ubisoft released almost a decade ago, which is absolute shit

Blader

I'm all in on RE4. I haven't played it since I did my couple playthroughs on the GameCube (that was 10-11 years ago! good god).

taizuke

It's almost like they are proud of RE6?

They know most people don't care for RE 6. But, with this announcement they have people excited and they're hoping to ride that train of excitement with RE 6 first out of the gate. If they released these in numeral order they know RE 6 would perform the weakest.

What? No way- the current PC version is easily the best version unless you think motion controls are a must in which case it's the Wii version. And the HD texture mods just make RE4 on PC even better.

DmC and DMC4 both ran at a nice 60fps. REmake and RE0 were 30fps on consoles because of the whole pre rendered background thing

the trailer for these remasters was in 60fps so I'm led to believe they will be as well
I thought pc was 60 and console was 30 on 1 and 0

What does the backgrounds have to do with it? Maybe I'm confused about something. I know there are differences between pc and console

That's what I don't get. How these games are taxing even on ps3

I'm all in on RE4. I haven't played it since I did my couple playthroughs on the GameCube (that was 10-11 years ago! good god).

Playing RE4 after not playing it in a while is like discovering videogames for the first time again? Prepare yourself for a 15 hour erection.

icespide

Banned
I thought pc was 60 and console was 30 on 1 and 0

What does the backgrounds have to do with it? Maybe I'm confused about something. I know there are differences between pc and console

That's what I don't get. How these games are taxing even on ps3

the pre-rendered backgrounds use looping videos that are locked to 30fps they can't re-render them at 60 because they don't have the source. it's a design decision to keep the real time assets locked at 30 so it doesn't look weird. the option to run at higher framerates on PC was provided because modders would have done it anyway.

to be clear, REmake HD and RE0 HD are 30fps on PS4/XB1 because it's a design decision, not because the systems can't handle 60

Cool. I skipped 5 at the time because it seemed so different from what had come before, but I think I would be much more receptive to it now after playing and enjoying the Revelations games. Also skipped 6 but unless they're doing something significant to it...

KyleCross

Hopefully the fall release for RE4 means they're doing a little extra for it.

Just buy the fan-made ultra-hd texture mod in the works and apply it.
I think that's easier said than done. Capcom would have to clear the rights to all the textures they used to cover themselves legally. Cris and Albert are finding a lot of the original real life resources Capcom originally used, and then mostly creating new textures themselves, but they'd still have to verify everything probably and... Capcom just isn't going to be assed.

Top Bottom