• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Zero-ELEC

Banned
It's explained in her video log and in RE5. Wesker elaborated further on her betrayal and was only slightly amused by it.

Ada didn't give Wesker the sample she picked up. She was a double agent working for both him and another organization. She bait and switched him at the end, but he was still able to acquire another sample elsewhere, leading to the events of RE5.
Krauser's body.

Astral

I'm so impressed at how the framerate holds together even during No Mercy. Yeah it drops when surrounded by a ton of enemies but I don't think it ever even drops to 30, though I could be wrong.

Neiteio

I'm so impressed at how the framerate holds together even during No Mercy. Yeah it drops when surrounded by a ton of enemies but I don't think it ever even drops to 30, though I could be wrong.
Everything is so fast and fluid in the RE6 remaster. It's glorious. :-O

Jawmuncher

untitled1zao2u.png

Outbreak scales really well in PCSX2. About the biggest complaint (graphically), would be some low res floors and walls here and there that stick out (mainly in cutscenes). Though considering if Umbrella Chronicles is any indication, they have the source files for Outbreak. So it'll be interesting if they ever do decide to rerelease it, if they touch it up much like they did RE0.

Neiteio

It honestly feels weird seeing RE7 trying to be scary. Remember, RE7 is now in the same universe where punching boulders in a volcano actually took place.

Astral

The new guy just doesn't know how to work it yet. Watch, by the end of the game we'll get to suplex the family man. IN FIRST PERSON!

TreIII

The new guy just doesn't know how to work it yet. Watch, by the end of the game we'll get to suplex the family man. IN FIRST PERSON!

Damn right!

That's why I'm not really bothered by the fact that the guy/Ethan starts out allegedly as an "average Joe". He's gonna end up a designated BAMF by the end of his adventure.

Jawmuncher

Damn right!

That's why I'm not really bothered by the fact that the guy/Ethan starts out allegedly as an "average Joe". He's gonna end up a designated BAMF by the end of his adventure.

Or maybe he ends up dead.
We've yet to have a main main character die. Why not introduce and kill him in the same game. RE loves switching up protagonists anyway.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Honestly Capcom may have been really smart to do all of these re-releases recently. Thanks to the RE4/5/6 Remasters, REmake & Zero HD, and REmake HD being on PS Plus this month, I've been seeing a lot of people even here on GAF saying they played their first RE game ever and they absolutely loved it (as well as some people who haven't played the series in ages, like not since the originals, and loved it). I imagine there's more people like that even off of GAF. and if they can get a lot more people interested in the series that does well with Resident Evil 7 quickly approaching release.

Then of course Resident Evil 7 releases in the same week as the newest live-action film, so there's that.

Never. Her schtick is what makes her interesting.

I hope they never resolve anything regarding her.

Nah, a mystery character is only interesting when you think there is an actual mystery to be answered.

With Ada there clearly isn't. She is mysterious because the writers want her to be and that is it, which makes her no mystery at all.

The only time she was a good character was in RE2, and if really want to stetch it her RE3 epilogue where she says goodbye to 'Ada'. Then RE4 brought her back and stupidly still called her Ada Wong which was completely against the point of her RE2/3 character.

WTF happened to this:

A woman looks at herself in the mirror. She used to be called Ada Wong. But this morning she will say good-bye to the name. "I'm not Ada Wong anymore..." She feels her ab and thinks, "This is Ada's scar, not mine." As she says good-bye to Ada Wong, she can't stop her tears. However, there isn't much time left before her next mission...

Mr_Zombie

I agree, that's my big complain about RE4. The RE3 epilogue made you believe "Ada Wong" was only a role the spy was playing and now she regrets that she has to abandon it, abandon her relationship with Leon. And yet, in RE4 and forward, she's still Ada Wong.

It's even more ridiculous in Damnation, where she introduces herself as a representative of BSAA and yet she still uses her real name: Ada Wong. No wonder the president managed to do a quick background check on her and call her bullshit.

Ada Wong, the worst spy ever.

So this is the stuff the RE anniversary merch store has.
Can't say i'll be buying anything personally, it's all rather expensive and really doesn't interest me. Especially the shirt's and hoodie's, which look like you could make them yourself.

Bandanas-20

Shirts-30

Hoodie-40

Coin-20

Licker Plush-30

Is there a link to this?

TreIII

Or maybe he ends up dead.
We've yet to have a main main character die. Why not introduce and kill him in the same game. RE loves switching up protagonists anyway.

Y'know, considering the other works on the writer's resume, I wouldn't put it past to him have at least one ending where the guy fails and/or dies.

Or maybe the guy will turn into another supersoldier/BOW of some sort, and that's how this guy will make his mark in the universe.

TreIII

Off and on, I just think about the ways that they could make Ethan "endearing", "memorable" and possibly even "unique" among those who came before him. In a certified world of badass that is RE, he's got his work cut out for him.

He's not an established character that has their following, like Chris or Leon. As of now, it looks like he's not an "heir to a legacy" like Jake, son of Wesker. We likely can't even use fashion sense as a barometer, because we'll be spending most of our time with Ethan by seeing the world through his eyes.

So with that much in mind, my thoughts drift to how well they can sell the character through his actions and animations. Giving the first person perspective (and focus on VR), that likely sets a limit to what kind of actions he could do. And shooting guns, as cool and satisfying as they are in this series, wouldn't offer anything new that would help seperate Ethan from his peers.

I can't help but think that picture we saw of a character with a wrist that looked "sewn up" was a hint that Ethan may or may not retain his humanity by the end of his adventure...

Javin98

Banned
Bringing up REmake again, but am I the only one who thinks that "You viral cultured freak!" is the "best" line in the whole game? :p

Javin98

Banned
Honestly I kinda missed the original's camp.

Don't open. That door!
Haha, yeah. I was really hoping for more cheezy lines too. But "You viral cultured freak!" had me laughing out loud. The unnecessary complexity and the way the line was delivered was hilarious.

Does anybody know if there's a collection of all the backdrops to the pre-rendered RE games somewhere? Talking RE1-3 + REmake and RE Zero.

Surely somebody has managed to extract them all!

Neiteio

Playing RE4 on PS4. I didn't think I'd replay it so soon, since I already replayed it earlier this year on PS3. (And of course I've played it on GCN and Wii countless times, as well as PC.) I wouldn't be surprised if there are differences, but the PS4 version looks just like I remember, only with a silky smooth 60 fps framerate. The rifle reload animation chugs a bit (appears to still be 30 fps, just for that animation), but it's no big deal. This is a really nice remaster, all things considered. Switch to the Type 3 controls if you want to control it the way you did back on GCN.

Zambatoh

Playing RE4 on PS4. I didn't think I'd replay it so soon, since I already replayed it earlier this year on PS3. (And of course I've played it on GCN and Wii countless times, as well as PC.) I wouldn't be surprised if there are differences, but the PS4 version looks just like I remember, only with a silky smooth 60 fps framerate. The rifle reload animation chugs a bit (appears to still be 30 fps, just for that animation), but it's no big deal. This is a really nice remaster, all things considered. Switch to the Type 3 controls if you want to control it the way you did back on GCN.

I was wondering about this for awhile too. I guess the PS4 version really is a straight port of the PC version.

The game is even better with 60fps, but the rifle loading animation is pretty baffling. I don't think it reaches 30fps, actually. The PS3 version still ran at 30 fps and the loading animation wasn't nearly as choppy.

Neiteio

The game is even better with 60fps, but the rifle loading animation is pretty baffling. I don't think it reaches 30fps, actually. The PS3 version still ran at 30 fps and the loading animation wasn't nearly as choppy.
You think so? Or did you just not notice because the rest of the game was 30 fps too?

Jawmuncher

I was wondering about this for awhile too. I guess the PS4 version really is a straight port of the PC version.

All 3 of the ports are. Though RE5 lucked out with that bonus mercs mode. It's why the RE6 port is the best of the lot, since Qloc did an amazing port job.

Give dragons dogma ever comes to PS4 and Xbox One it'll be fantastic. Since they did the port for that as well.

Ralemont

not me
Nah, a mystery character is only interesting when you think there is an actual mystery to be answered.

With Ada there clearly isn't. She is mysterious because the writers want her to be and that is it, which makes her no mystery at all.

The only time she was a good character was in RE2, and if really want to stetch it her RE3 epilogue where she says goodbye to 'Ada'. Then RE4 brought her back and stupidly still called her Ada Wong which was completely against the point of her RE2/3 character.

WTF happened to this:

A woman looks at herself in the mirror. She used to be called Ada Wong. But this morning she will say good-bye to the name. "I'm not Ada Wong anymore..." She feels her ab and thinks, "This is Ada's scar, not mine." As she says good-bye to Ada Wong, she can't stop her tears. However, there isn't much time left before her next mission...

Resident Evil 4 irrevocably fucked up the Resident Evil story. From the characters to fucking economics taking down Umbrella. If they ever need to reboot Resident Evil, do it from post-RE3/CV and pretend 4 never happened.

Resident Evil 4 irrevocably fucked up the Resident Evil story. From the characters to fucking economics taking down Umbrella. If they ever need to reboot Resident Evil, do it from post-RE3/CV and pretend 4 never happened.

As much as I love RE4 they really did fuck up there with that. I wanted a game where you participated in the take down of Umbrella and retained the character growth.

It's pretty obvious Osmund Saddler was originally going to be Ozwell Spencer but Mikami was like 'nah fuck it let's focus on making this actually entertaining.'

zeemumu

As much as I love RE4 they really did fuck up there with that. I wanted a game where you participated in the take down of Umbrella and retained the character growth.

I thought the final mission in Umbrella Chronicles was them taking down the "last" major remnant of Umbrella, what with that facility being the only operationallow one left and TALOS being the end-all super weapon.

You have to wonder how Umbrella thought that they were gonna sell half of these super weapons when they're regularly defeated by 1-2 people. Them again, Leon and Claire's zombie kill count probably eclipsed the entirety of the RCPD in RE2...

I thought the final mission in Umbrella Chronicles was them taking down the "last" major remnant of Umbrella, what with that facility being the only operationallow one left and TALOS being the end-all super weapon.

You have to wonder how Umbrella thought that they were gonna sell half of these super weapons when they're regularly defeated by 1-2 people. Them again, Leon and Claire's zombie kill count probably eclipsed the entirety of the RCPD in RE2...

I think so but I mean while the story was happening instead of a timeskip, boot up RE4 all the sudden
"Umbrella's stocks crashed" the end. I think it's pretty funny how they totally glossed over its downfall at the time and that retcon on the destruction of Raccoon City.

Wasn't RE3 the original wrench in the canon and it wasn't meant to be RE3 as we know it and that was for CV? if that's accurate then RE4 isn't totally at fault.

zeemumu

I think so but I mean while the story was happening instead of a timeskip, boot up RE4 all the sudden
"Umbrella's stocks crashed" the end. I think it's pretty funny how they totally glossed over its downfall at the time and that retcon on the destruction of Raccoon City.

Wasn't RE3 the original wrench in the canon and it wasn't meant to be RE3 as we know it and that was for CV? if that's accurate then RE4 isn't totally at fault.

Yeah Resident Evil development was weird. Wasn't RE4 Devil May Cry at some point?

It may not have been satisfying, but the way in which Umbrella went down made perfect sense to me. At the end of the day, they were a company, and once all their dirty secrets came out, their stock holders turning on them while being under multiple investigations seemed pretty logical. I can see why some didn't like it, though.

Devil may cry and RE are the same universe.

True Story

Knowing Capcom, I believe this.

It may not have been satisfying, but the way in which Umbrella went down made perfect sense to me. At the end of the day, they were a company, and once all their dirty secrets came out, their stock holders turning on them while being under multiple investigations seemed pretty logical. I can see why some didn't like it, though.

It makes sense logically because as you put it it was a company, it just felt very anticlimactic.
It has been alluded in 3 and basically flat out told in CV that the protagonists were going to take the company head on.

Personally, I find it a bit of a pet peeve with the story but it didn't affect my enjoyment of what came with 4 and afterwards.

Neiteio

Umbrella is just the company. The stock market may have done in the company, but they could always work it out that their research continued in other ways.

Top Bottom