• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

joe2187

Banned
So I know we assumed we would find out but yeah you definitely discover why Moira doesn't use guns. I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate or believable but yeah, it's there. I found it to be kind of surprising too

Supposedly
something involving her mother and claire and guns happened. most likely something zombie/virus related.

Neiteio

I ran into Skagdead in Raid. I love the monsters from RER1. Do any other ones show up? Maybe the giant shellfish with the running tackle, or the knight-like BOW with the lance and shield, the one that splits in half, the torso still attacking... Any of those guys make an appearance? Is there a list of all the RER1 monsters in RER2?

Timu

tumblr_nki7gau2091r0d3ugo2_500.gif
Nice!!!

Nemesis_

Supposedly
something involving her mother and claire and guns happened. most likely something zombie/virus related.

Not really. I'm not posting it because it might change in the final episode but this isn't on the mark at all.

I ran into Skagdead in Raid. I love the monsters from RER1. Do any other ones show up? Maybe the giant shellfish with the running tackle, or the knight-like BOW with the lance and shield, the one that splits in half, the torso still attacking... Any of those guys make an appearance? Is there a list of all the RER1 monsters in RER2?

Hopefully just that one 😷

Nemesis_

I think the dogs are actually mutant dogs with pigs heads sown on. This would make a lot of sense given one of the locations you explore in Episode 3.

Game gets pretty fast. While I miss all the combat maneuvers and options of RE6... this is far and away the best controlling RE to date. True left-stick strafe controls and a free camera that you can fully rotate around the character (unless your flashlight is on). It's muuuuch better than the weird "modern" control hybrid in Rev1.

Personally I'd love to see them take this and then add all the cool stuff from RE6.

I would have preferred the RE6 dodge roll or at least give the side steps more range, also should have more melee button prompts than just head shots.

Other than that I totally agree... Plus now with stealth!

Neiteio

Rodeo Claire vs. Scagdead. I have all of the medallions up through the first 12 missions. This is the most recent, so I thought I'd upload it. Conservative first half, holding the narrow stairs, and then a cavalier second half, once Scagdead spawns where I'm standing. :-O

holygeesus

Banned
Anyone else getting stuttering on the PC version and have tales of how to get rid of it?

I'm getting terrible frametimes regardless of settings. Everything set to low and lock at 30 fps? Still stutters down to mid 20s occasionally.

Specs:

i7960, 780, 8GB ram

The game is a pretty buggy mess. What fixed it for me, is making all the changes in options, then quitting to Steam, then restart the game and resume playing. For some reason this smooths things out again.

Astral Dog

What was weird about it? "That's my name don't wear it out." used to be a pretty common phrase back in the day.
Im not familiar with it, but ok, it just sounded a little weird, but its Barry after all.
that character model looks bad compared to RE Remake
Darkside Chronicles models are fine, sometimes they have weird hair though, im not sure about comprasions with the pre rendered games but compared to Umbrella Chronicles the models and environments are much higher quality. its fully 3D too.

im not sure what's so bad about that gif either, unless you are talking about the face, that its from REV2

Well I'm completely addicted to Raid Mode, I can't stop playing it. Got Wesker up to level 34 then 'inherited' his Melee Master skill to Hunk, now I'm levelling Hunk up. A lot easier seeing as how he can hold 4 guns right from the jump

dellingr

Ugh, Raid Mode mode froze again after completing the second daily mission. Now I can't access it at all. This is really starting to get on my nerves. No solution to it either.

KainXVIII

Can't play Raid Mode in PC version, game just crashes. Any idea how to play it before Capcom fix this? (IF they care to fix anyway, i already lose hope)

Kuraudo

Banned
Sad to see that they must do this to gain sales.

Claire would never dress like that.

Moira's is tragic. The hood, hair and katana have the beginnings of a cool costume, but then they got to her breasts and just threw it out the window in favour of cheesecake.

Grady

Just started playing last night. For some reason i thought this game was multiplayer. Did not realize it was local coop only.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

So just wait to you get the super-fast mini-me version of that fucker. And oh yeah... on higher difficulties he can OHK just like in Rev1.

0_0

I would have preferred the RE6 dodge roll or at least give the side steps more range, also should have more melee button prompts than just head shots.

Other than that I totally agree... Plus now with stealth!

Jill has a skill to extend the dodge and a skill to extend its invincibility frames. I have them both maxed, and it's pretty neat. I would recommend maybe inheriting her skill with another player... though the SP cost is quite high. But at least those skills only go up to lvl 10.

Evolved1

Only for Raid Mode.

I have to say Shareplay works well enough for the second player to help the primary get all the medals and whatnot in campaign co-op. It's not the best, but at least it works. Especially if you really don't want to play with the AI.

Which btw is pretty neat in this game. First time through I was actually afraid to use the second character because I thought the AI would waste all my ammo. But the AI won't even fire a shot! You need to buy a skill to let them shoot. And then it doesn't even cost from your ammo pool. (although they will always use your weaker weapons apparently) lol. Kinda weird, but I like that better than the alternative.

Can't play Raid Mode in PC version, game just crashes. Any idea how to play it before Capcom fix this? (IF they care to fix anyway, i already lose hope)

Open the game, when you are in the menu disconnect from Internet, enter Raid Mode and when the game tells you that you are offline click "no" on "retry"
You can reconnect after that and you can play without crashes. You can't do the daily missions, though it seems that those don't crash anyway.

eshwaaz

Man, if the blades sliced up the baddies realistically, I'm pretty sure that would turn from lol silly cheese tactic to the most awesome thing I've seen in a video game in awhile.
The lack of dismemberment is really disappointing. Is there any in the game at all? I'm so spoiled by Dying Light.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
So the villain is voice by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, but she's using a pseudonym. Weird.

Probably since of Union related rules in the voice acting side, considering several known VA do several Pseudonyms to do more/additional work (Steve Blum for example has gone under other names in Anime and video game work).

Started up the game and I think I'm approaching the end of Claire's first chapter.

Verdict so far: Oppressively dull. I think the production values themselves are fine. But the enemy and location designs are so uninspired. The original Revelations, while problematic, had a much stronger start. Too bad.

Nemesis_

Hmm. Barry's voice actor is also a pseudonym. The real actor name is Michael McConnohie.

I can't find who is voicing Claire though. The name in the credits is James Baker :/

SeanTSC

Jesus fuck on a stick, the Knife Only trophy is bullshit. Took me 8 tries to get it. Followed the PSTrophies guide, banked all my guns, never left the secondary characters do anything, but it still refused to trigger. Finally ran through it just skipping most of the enemies and making sure to never, ever do an R2-Prompt attack (even though the guide said it was okay to do, bullshit) and got it.

Evolved1

Jesus fuck on a stick, the Knife Only trophy is bullshit. Took me 8 tries to get it. Followed the PSTrophies guide, banked all my guns, never left the secondary characters do anything, but it still refused to trigger. Finally ran through it just skipping most of the enemies and making sure to never, ever do an R2-Prompt attack (even though the guide said it was okay to do, bullshit) and got it.

We did it via shareplay. Took two tried though, because we think R2-prompt melee and even ground-melee actually kills the run. Second time, we didn't do anything except the knife and it was easy. Use the blades as claire to kill all the enemies that swarm at the last door. Then when you get to the point where just two spawn you can unlock the door easily. Never use the fire. This way Barry's section is way faster (you skip the entire control room section).

Btw that works on the countdown mode too. And the blade kills give you so much extra time. lol.

Moosehole

Moira?

Vamphuntr

Seems they are working on a performance and splitscreen patch for the PC version. On Steamdb you can see they added new branches today.

public 539772 No
qa_debug r87789 20150301 541390 Yes
ts_debug r87789 20150301 541390 Yes
qa_master r87789 20150301 541400 Yes
ts_master r87789 20150301 541400 Yes
qa_split_debug r87789 20150301 541406 Yes
ts_split_debug r87789 20150301 541406 Yes

Top Bottom