• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

pa22word

Anyone else getting stuttering on the PC version and have tales of how to get rid of it?

I'm getting terrible frametimes regardless of settings. Everything set to low and lock at 30 fps? Still stutters down to mid 20s occasionally.

Specs:

i7960, 780, 8GB ram

Neiteio

Not sure if great game design

Or Capcom being Capcom
Pretty sure it's the latter, but I ain't complaining, haha

Also, the cheesecake in this game

residentevilrevelatiotckpp.jpg

6ac836abb2296e96e047b4wk17.jpg

Neiteio

okay firstly, that's either ingenious or a crazy oversight... pretty great that that's an option though :p

secondly, what the fuck is up with those outfits?!
On further reflection, I think it might be intentional, since there's an achievement for clearing that area without using the fire trap...

As for the costumes, those are Rodeo Claire and Urban Ninja Moira. :D

Nori Chan

Tips:

• Play missions at or below recommended level. You can adjust your character's level before a mission.
  • Upgrade a weapon specialization early. This gives you extra ammo capacity... so you're less likely to run out during the mission.

How do you pass specializations to other characters? Like the same one

I'm become hooked on Raid Mode. Using Wesker, and it's great to just level up his melee so that he slashes his knife 205% faster. Gets fun on harder levels, and quite addictive

LUXURY

Can someone please explain to me the five completion medals on Raid mode. I know I must have missed their explanation in the game. I want to know what I need to do. I have them all for some missions, and not others.

Just finished getting every full completion medal in Raid, I'm really impressed by how many unique enemies they snuck into the mode.

That said, there is nothing worse than a speedy, disarming
Scagdead
. They're so grossly overpowered.

Pilgrimzero

Having finished the 1st chapter, I find it very generic. The first Revelations was much better.

Maybe it will get better as more chapters come out.

Jharp

How's the general combat feel relative to Revelations 1 and RE6? I wasn't crazy about the combat in Rev 1. Every weapon felt piss weak and the enemies were too hard to stagger. Generally it felt very much like it was rooted in it's original handheld design, where the developers didn't have much to work with in terms of raw processing power and force feedback. I did, however, love the implementation of raid mode.

That said, RE6 combat feels fucking stellar, so I was hoping Rev 2 would be the best of both worlds in terms of game design and combat feel. Looking forward to starting it soon next week.

Shauni

Can someone please explain to me the five completion medals on Raid mode. I know I must have missed their explanation in the game. I want to know what I need to do. I have them all for some missions, and not others.

One medal for no herb, one for doing a challenge at or below recommend level, one for killing all enemies, one for simply finishing the level, and one for getting all of the previous stated in one sitting.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm going to have to say this for every time the soundtrack gets brought up, there's 30-second previews of every track in Revelations 2 (95 songs) which you can listen too here: http://www.sumthing.com/p/resident-evil-revelations-2/

Soundtrack pre-order price is also $9.99 for every song in the game, good if you are a soundtrack collector.

You get the first medal for just reaching the goal in the level, you get the second medal for being either on the same level or under the recommended level for the stage, you get the third medal for not using a single herb, the fourth for killing every enemy in the stage, and the fifth (Completion Medal) for doing the four previous medals all in the same round.

Just finished getting every full completion medal in Raid, I'm really impressed by how many unique enemies they snuck into the mode.

Scagdead

I thought it's inclusion at the end of the Queen Zenobia Hall stage was a reference, because I remember those things making me groan every time they appeared in Raid Mode in Revelations 1.

How's the general combat feel relative to Revelations 1 and RE6? I wasn't crazy about the combat in Rev 1. Every weapon felt piss weak and the enemies were too hard to stagger. Generally it felt very much like it was rooted in it's original handheld design, where the developers didn't have much to work with in terms of raw processing power and force feedback. I did, however, love the implementation of raid mode.

That said, RE6 combat feels fucking stellar, so I was hoping Rev 2 would be the best of both worlds in terms of game design and combat feel. Looking forward to starting it soon next week.

Better than Revelations 1, worse than RE6. You aren't going to be able to go sliding around or anything like that, and RE6's melee isn't in, but the game does have a knifing system that's pretty addictive, the enemy reaction and guns feel better than Revelations 1, also there's more unique characters with more unique play-styles this time around. The dodge from Revelations 1 has been improved drastically, making it actually liable now. Some characters, like Gina, can hurt enemies with gestures. Some have a katana that replaces their knife. Lot more character diversity, and the characters individual traits can now also be leveled up with skill points earned with each level.

Airgetlam

It still feels closer to Revelations 1. I was also hoping it would play more like 6 with a Raid mode but it's not. Staggering enemies is pretty easy though, especially with weapon attachments that increase stagger rate. The game feels kind of...slow. That's the only way I can describe it. The default movement is slow and the transition between that and running is long. You just don't feel very agile. Still sort of fun though.

Scagdead

I just met a full sized, yet fast one with freeze ability and yeah... that shit got me like 3 times with this instadeath attack thanks to me being frozen. I was so pissed.

I thought it's inclusion at the end of the Queen Zenobia Hall stage was a reference, because I remember those things making me groan every time they appeared in Raid Mode in Revelations 1.

I thought so too at first, but they make pretty frequent appearances in every
Zenobia
stage. God forbid you get one with the speed, disarming and web modifiers together, which is instant death at even mid range. Adding insult to injury
just brushing up against a disarming one will cause you to drop your weapon, since they're considered to be constantly attacking.

Even as a big critic of recent RE (and Capcom in general), anyone who argues against this for $6 is insane.

Nemesis_

Playing through Raid Mode and having enemies from RE6, RE5 and REV1 appear makes me realise just how shit Revelations creature designs were. Thank fuck Capcom didn't go the same route with the enemies for Revelations 2.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that fighting the Revenants has been one of the funnest things in Raid Mode. And as I've mentioned before, their introduction was sublime.

And umm I think they ruined
Chris'
face in Raid mode.

Revelations 2 just seems to to everything Revelations 1 tried to do but better. And it's trimmed almost all of the fat that made Revelations 1 so shit (like it's entire shitty supporting cast)

korly

I've had several game freezes/lockups playing this on Xbox One. I didn't run into any problems with the campaign, but I started playing Raid tonight.

I got through the first four missions without a hitch but then after mission 4 the game froze when loading back to the vestibule. I launched a different game that loaded fine and then re-launched REREV2. The game booted to the menu with no issue but when I chose Raid mode it froze the game again during the loading screen.

I went to Xbox settings and chose "energy-saving" and then "restart now". Once the system booted up I loaded REREV2 and got into Raid without a hitch. And I didn't lose any progress or items.

Got through two more missions,and it froze loading the vestibule again. Tried rebooting twice and it still wouldn't let me back into Raid. So then I tried unplugging the One, waiting a few minutes and launching again. Still no dice.

So then I uninstalled the "compatibility pack", reinstalled it, launched the game, and still no dice.

Anyone else running into this?

Nemesis_

I've had several game freezes/lockups playing this on Xbox One. I didn't run into any problems with the campaign, but I started playing Raid tonight.

I got through the first four missions without a hitch but then after mission 4 the game froze when loading back to the vestibule. I launched a different game that loaded fine and then re-launched REREV2. The game booted to the menu with no issue but when I chose Raid mode it froze the game again during the loading screen.

I went to Xbox settings and chose "energy-saving" and then "restart now". Once the system booted up I loaded REREV2 and got into Raid without a hitch. And I didn't lose any progress or items.

Got through two more missions,and it froze loading the vestibule again. Tried rebooting twice and it still wouldn't let me back into Raid. So then I tried unplugging the One, waiting a few minutes and launching again. Still no dice.

So then I uninstalled the "compatibility pack", reinstalled it, launched the game, and still no dice.

Anyone else running into this?

I had a similar problem. I just held the power button on the console itself until it turned off. Following that, everything has worked fine. I noticed I had the freeze when I met the unlock conditions for a certain character, but I'm not sure if that's related or not.

But I've unlocked heaps following that and things have seemed fine. Only one freeze up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It still feels closer to Revelations 1. I was also hoping it would play more like 6 with a Raid mode but it's not. Staggering enemies is pretty easy though, especially with weapon attachments that increase stagger rate. The game feels kind of...slow. That's the only way I can describe it. The default movement is slow and the transition between that and running is long. You just don't feel very agile. Still sort of fun though.

Game gets pretty fast. While I miss all the combat maneuvers and options of RE6... this is far and away the best controlling RE to date. True left-stick strafe controls and a free camera that you can fully rotate around the character (unless your flashlight is on). It's muuuuch better than the weird "modern" control hybrid in Rev1.

Personally I'd love to see them take this and then add all the cool stuff from RE6.

Nemesis_

Game gets pretty fast. While I miss all the combat maneuvers and options of RE6... this is far and away the best controlling RE to date. True left-stick strafe controls and a free camera that you can fully rotate around the character (unless your flashlight is on). It's muuuuch better than the weird "modern" control hybrid in Rev1.

Personally I'd love to see them take this and then add all the cool stuff from RE6.

Yeah I agree. It doesn't have the tightness and rigidity of Revelations weird ass hybrid system but it also isn't as loose as Resident Evil 6 was. As you'd mentioned, if they somehow found a way to include the cool manoeuvres from RE6 into this type of control scheme they've used for Rev2 I'd be pretty happy

Astral Dog

Playing through Raid Mode and having enemies from RE6, RE5 and REV1 appear makes me realise just how shit Revelations creature designs were. Thank fuck Capcom didn't go the same route with the enemies for Revelations 2.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that fighting the Revenants has been one of the funnest things in Raid Mode. And as I've mentioned before, their introduction was sublime.

And umm I think they ruined
Chris'
face in Raid mode.

Revelations 2 just seems to to everything Revelations 1 tried to do but better. And it's trimmed almost all of the fat that made Revelations 1 so shit (like it's entire shitty supporting cast)
Terrible designs for REV1, (except for final boss) good to hear they are improved, even if it doesn't seem to be much of a difference, likely the designs of Revelations were limited for being a handheld game.

Then again i disliked the common enemies of RE6

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Minus a few quibbles... just really happy with this game.

Nemesis_

Terrible designs for REV1, (except for final boss) good to hear they are improved, even if it doesn't seem to be much of a difference, likely the designs of Revelations were limited for being a handheld game.

Then again i disliked the common enemies of RE6

I mentioned it earlier that they still fit the pretty typical enemy archetypes for RE, but yeah I just really love the way they move and behave. The Rev1 enemies just looked like messy untextured lumps.

Seyavesh

the
stitched together blade arm guys
are a really good design combatwise and animation-wise

they looked so dumb in the enemy render preview still but holy hell are their animations unsettling. this doubles up when you realize their animations change depending on what limbs you disable, meaning there's a fantastic mix of gameplay and horror for the thing

Can anyone clarify where the pig-dogs and the blob-throwers from Raid mode come from? They're the only enemies I don't recognize from other RE games, and it's a bit weird to think they'd debut in Raid before appearing in the main story.

The dogs in particular are very Silent Hill-esque.

Seyavesh

Can anyone clarify where the pig-dogs and the blob-throwers from Raid mode come from? They're the only enemies I don't recognize from other RE games, and it's a bit weird to think they'd debut in Raid before appearing in the main story.

The dogs in particular are very Silent Hill-esque.

they're definitely spoiler enemies, same with the thing that shows up in the final DLC map and the guts guys

they all fit the visual thematic of the game and the
virus thematic of uroboros, given some of those enemy types have the big glowing orange weakspots that is the trait of that virus

kotor22

Hey guys, so Im trying to pick this up on the PSN store for PS4 , the complete season. It says its an add-on though? Is it not the full game?

foxdvd

honestly this game is amazing...the more I play the better it gets. It is staggering the value you can get even with the 5.99 version.

Invisible mode is not just a challenging game mode, like it is in Resident Evil, but similar to how Last of Us is a different and better game when you remove listen mode. This game forces you to work back and forth with your two characters so you can see the enemies. It makes the game different, and better.

If you have no plans to try the invisibility mode do yourself a favor and do it.

LUXURY

One medal for no herb, one for doing a challenge at or below recommend level, one for killing all enemies, one for simply finishing the level, and one for getting all of the previous stated in one sitting.

I'm confused. What do I need to do to get it at recommended level? Certain time limit? I hate that they don't tell you... I've gotten the second one to 4:30 something and still nothing. What am I doing wrong.

Nishastra

Banned
I'm confused. What do I need to do to get it at recommended level? Certain time limit? I hate that they don't tell you... I've gotten the second one to 4:30 something and still nothing. What am I doing wrong.
Character level. Your level has to be at or below the mission level. You can change your effective level just before starting the mission.

LUXURY

Character level. Your level has to be at or below the mission level. You can change your effective level just before starting the mission.

Ohhhhhh. THANK YOU LMAO. I would have never ever guessed that. One more question. What does charge all consumables mean? Replenish all your supplies?

Nemesis_

So I know we assumed we would find out but yeah you definitely discover why Moira doesn't use guns. I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate or believable but yeah, it's there. I found it to be kind of surprising too

Top Bottom