• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

FaintDeftone

Anybody else having framerate and studder issues with the PC version? I grabbed episode one and the framerate is all over the place. It runs at 60 most of the time and randomly drops every so often. I had an issue where the voices were off sync in a cutscene too.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I assumed it was complaining without swearing. Barry doesn't really swear, so... it fits.

Fuck that section
after you put the gear cog to open the doors in the prison
. It doesn't help that the mobs get a fucking head start to reach you because they're moving towards you in the cutscene and you just stand there.
The flamethrower doesn't do shit either.

Vamphuntr

Fuck that section
. It doesn't help that the mobs get a fucking head start to reach you because they're moving towards you in the cutscene and you just stand there.

It's easy once you know the trick.
Control Moira and get to the door and while she try to open it with the crowbar switch to Claire and throw exploding bottles.

Fuck that section

The best way I've found to do it is:
use Moira to put in the cog, run in and spin the flamethrower around, meanwhile quickly switch to Claire to turn the valve, back to Moira to start opening the door, then back to Claire to fend off any enemies who make it through

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Haha so no one really knows what it means.

Maybe that's another revelation they have for later on.
Meaning of the game's subtitle confirmed.

jediyoshi

Man the lighting of the RE6 jake hospital areas looks so bad it's hilarious. Weird the other RE6 levels translate pretty well over.

Fuck that section

You're going to laugh your ass off when you read this.
Crouch while using Moira and walk underneath the spinning blades, then switch to Claire and do the same thing. All of the enemies will walk right into the blades while both character are safe from any harm. Once they're cleared out, use Moira to yank the door open and switch to Claire to guard the room from any incoming stray enemies from the long hall.
This makes Survival Mode a piece of cake on Claire and Moira's behalf of Episode 1..lol

Am I crazy or is raid mode not as good as the one in Rev1. Maybe it starts off way too easy or something but so far this raid has been a bore.

Am I crazy or is raid mode not as good as the one in Rev1. Maybe it starts off way too easy or something but so far this raid has been a bore.

I'm new to raid mode (never bought rev 1, wish I did) but i'm starting to find it hard at level 16 with Barry, I always make sure to drop my level to match the challenge when I have to.

Neiteio

Speaking of Raid getting hard, I just realized that you only need to scale your character's level to be eligible for challenge medals. You can still use high-level weapons, which are presumably nerfed but still much stronger than low-level weapons. This helps a lot.

Also, just unlocked Wetsuit Jill. So happy she's included. Now if only they would throw in FBC Jessica...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

It gets much harder. Zombies start moving super fast and many of the enemies have status effects. Then there is some randomness thrown in, For example, at a certain point any particular level might have a mini-boss spawn. This mini-boss will always spawn. But its status effect is random. So it might have a shield, or be on fire, or the worst... be the tiny fast-moving variant.

It also matter what character you use, and skills available/upgraded. Right around lvl 25 the game stats getting pretty mean. But you can mitigate some of this by having a particular character/skills. Some are easier than others. Characters with more weapons are easier. Like Hunk for example. Characters who level the weapon specialty skills have an easier time since they have abundant ammo for the harder enemies.

So it definitely gets harder... but it depends on the player and the way you build a character just how hard it is.

This is probably my least favorite thing about the game. I loved all the different melee attacks before, and now seeing Hunk not even have his neck snap is criminal.

RIGHT?!

The thing that bugs me about it is that they gave half of the characters melee moves for the ground attack, Jill, Wesker and Hunk... and went lazy on the rest but the fact that CIPHER got his/jhers own fucking melee is beyond RIDICULOUS. I don't get it... why not Chris and Leon?

Just fucking cremate me already, Capcom.

Locust

Has anyone gotten named weapons in raid before level 45 or so, anyway?
My first was a named SVD at level 48, and it's great though I don't know how exactly if or how it's any better than normal SVDs around the same level. e: got a level 50 SVD to pop up on store, it has ~1000 less damage.
9YV9SkY.png

Also got my first electric ammo part around 50, that one felt pretty useless. Fire seems much more useful.

Finally got past the Claire segment, it's weird how you barely get any ammo with Claire and with Barry they just throw tons at you.

Also, granny swears guys.

Erebus

Any tips for Raid mode newcomers? I never played the first Rev so this is my first time ever playing Raid in Rev 2.

XxCGSxX

In raid mode, what are those little heart (red and blue) at the upper left corner of the hud mean? I have ten blue hearts.

Evolved1

Any tips for Raid mode newcomers? I never played the first Rev so this is my first time ever playing Raid in Rev 2.

Tips:

• Play missions at or below recommended level. You can adjust your character's level before a mission.
  • Upgrade a weapon specialization early. This gives you extra ammo capacity... so you're less likely to run out during the mission.

joe2187

Banned
In raid mode, what are those little heart (red and blue) at the upper left corner of the hud mean? I have ten blue hearts.

When you do the daily mission, you will earn blue heart crystals. each heart crystal will allow you automatically revive with full health and ammo if you get killed during a mission. No penalties for using a revive either other than using it up.

Shauni

You can also buy the revive hearts at the store for real money. This is the microtransaction that had people in a foaming rage not too long ago if you can believe that shit.

Moze

Banned
Finally got past the Claire segment, it's weird how you barely get any ammo with Claire and with Barry they just throw tons at you.

Also, granny swears guys.

The
flame thrower
part? I honestly died like 35 times at that part because i underestimated how hard 'survivor' difficulty was going to be and wasted all my ammo before i got to that point.

Evolved1

to be fair it's capcom so expecting the worst is pretty standard

The fact they made weapon/upgrade/record storage super limited so they can charge you for space upgrades is honestly the grossest thing they've done in a while.

Neiteio

Where is the SD card slot on the PS4? I have some media I want to share.

I used it before for Alien: Isolation, but I can't remember where it is.

PS4 looks futuristic, at the expense of being user-friendly...

Top Bottom