• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider PC |OT| Hello... it's me.

Dundar

So, um, guys, does G-sync work with the W10 store version of ROTR?
'cause I'm seeing so many ppl saying it can't since V-sync is on by default, and then being borderless window, but then again G-sync works with BW applications, so it should be no problem.
Can someone confirm it works or not? Basically buying quantum break is dependent on this, fortunately ROTR had a steam version.

KingKong

Do the tombs get any more complex or interesting past the minecart one? Because this is some sad stuff, what happened to all that talk of big and interesting puzzles and tombs

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do the tombs get any more complex or interesting past the minecart one? Because this is some sad stuff, what happened to all that talk of big and interesting puzzles and tombs

I've not completed the final tomb just yet, but no, not really, and in fact Catacomb of Sacred Waters demands nothing more of you than to cross a small body of water using a couple of boats -- it's almost insultingly easy and something just about any first-timer could complete in less than two minutes. I'd actually say The Orrery is the best "tomb" as it's the most puzzle-like in nature, but even it is rather brief and quite easy to piece together.

I suppose many of the tombs in Rise are technically an improvement over those seen in the previous game, but that's hollow praise.

JayB1920

Ancient Cistern and Baths of Kitezh are really the only interesting ones puzzle wise in my opinion an even they aren't that great.

KingKong

I've not completed the final tomb just yet, but no, not really, and in fact Catacomb of Sacred Waters demands nothing more of you than to cross a small body of water using a couple of boats -- it's almost insultingly easy and something just about any first-timer could complete in less than two minutes. I'd actually say The Orrery is the best "tomb" as it's the most puzzle-like in nature, but even it is rather brief and quite easy to piece together.

I suppose many of the tombs in Rise are technically an improvement over those seen in the previous game, but that's hollow praise.

Cistern and Baths of Kitezh are really the only slightly interesting ones puzzle wise.

Thats a bummer because I'm finding everything else in the game except the graphics to be mediocre at best. The review scores and praise are completely baffling to me.

At least I got it for free with my graphics card, but I wish they would have at least kept it linear like the first hour or so. This open world trend thats infected every game just makes me feel like I'm wasting my time running around in between main missions

I stopped playing this game 12 hours in. This is seriously one of the most boring AAA experiences I've ever played. The enemy is a joke considering how much ammo and crafted supplies you have at the ready. I'm carrying enough supplies to craft endless supplies of bandages, poison arrows, napalm arrows, hollow point bullets, etc I'm basically invincible at this point. All the collectables and puzzle solving give you rewards to make the already easy combat easier. I don't NEED to make my assault rifle more accurate, I'm not having trouble with the shooting at all. All the set pieces are boring "hold up on the stick" garbage. Seriously, this feels incredibly outdated in 2016. The gameplay and set pieces should go hand in hand, they shouldn't feel completely separated from each other. Nothing in this game holds any tension, it's barely a video game as far as I'm concerned.

Also, the story is fucking boring. How Is this kind of shlock still acceptable in 2016? I realise that video games aren't the most story focused mediums, but come the fuck on. Hire some writers that can make something...ANYTHING interesting happen. If this crap was in a movie, you can guarantee that it would be considered rotten derivative crap.

I stopped playing this game 12 hours in. This is seriously one of the most boring AAA experiences I've ever played. The enemy is a joke considering how much ammo and crafted supplies you have at the ready. I'm carrying enough supplies to craft endless supplies of bandages, poison arrows, napalm arrows, hollow point bullets, etc I'm basically invincible at this point. All the collectables and puzzle solving give you rewards to make the already easy combat easier. I don't NEED to make my assault rifle more accurate, I'm not having trouble with the shooting at all. All the set pieces are boring "hold up on the stick" garbage. Seriously, this feels incredibly outdated in 2016. The gameplay and set pieces should go hand in hand, they shouldn't feel completely separated from each other. Nothing in this game holds any tension, it's barely a video game as far as I'm concerned.

Also, the story is fucking boring. How Is this kind of shlock still acceptable in 2016? I realise that video games aren't the most story focused mediums, but come the fuck on. Hire some writers that can make something...ANYTHING interesting happen. If this crap was in a movie, you can guarantee that it would be considered rotten derivative crap.

I agree with most of what you said but I wouldn't call it 'barely' a video game. It feels like a bunch of reasonably well polished concepts and ideas that just never come together to make something overly enjoyable. Boring would be the word I use to describe a lot of it.

The traversal/exploration/tombs have elevated my opinion of it because I do find them good but I can't argue with anything else you said. I'm yawning during the setpieces, I've never left a battle with less than full ammo (playing on normal), I can headshot every single enemy on the first try every time unless they're wearing a helmet, and yeah the story is utter trash which would be fine if the characters were at least likeable - but they aren't.

I'm 10 hours in and just left the underwater archives and am really hoping I'm near the end because I am ready for it to be over.

I wanted to love this game because I actually found TR2013 quite a surprise but this was not at all the step up the GOTY talk led me to believe.

Lol this is exactly how I feel. This is one of the most blandest AAA games I've played. The latter half of the game was a tad bit better but it was still boring as hell most of the time. How this game got good reviews baffles me.

I agree with most of what you said but I wouldn't call it 'barely' a video game. It feels like a bunch of reasonably well polished concepts and ideas that just never come together to make something overly enjoyable. Boring would be the word I use to describe a lot of it.

The traversal/exploration/tombs have elevated my opinion of it because I do find them good but I can't argue with anything else you said. I'm yawning during the setpieces, I've never left a battle with less than full ammo (playing on normal), I can headshot every single enemy on the first try every time unless they're wearing a helmet, and yeah the story is utter trash which would be fine if the characters were at least likeable - but they aren't.

I'm 10 hours in and just left the underwater archives and am really hoping I'm near the end because I am ready for it to be over.

I wanted to love this game because I actually found TR2013 quite a surprise but this was not at all the step up the GOTY talk led me to believe.

I only say that its barely a video game because of its total lack of challenge. I'm on the seasoned raider difficulty and I haven't had any trouble at all. The only times I do die is when I fuck up a jump with the platforming or climbing, but those are few and far between.

I think it's absolute garbage that the tomb puzzles aren't simply integrated with the main story. They're side activities that force you get off the critical path. The result is a severe pacing problem and a lack of meaningful accomplishment (the tomb rewards are worthless.) Crystal Dynamics is still afraid to make an actual Tomb Raider game. They're so focused on making Uncharted, they push all original stuff into hidden side objectives. This game just feels...soulless.

I thought the TR2013 was also pretty terrible, but at least it had some actual focus. I heard that ROTR was a lot different, so I gave this a shot. Well, the main campaign is still boring crap, they just added a bunch of meaningless side stuff to pad out the overall experience. It's a real damn shame. Crystal Dynamics made some great Tomb Raider games in the past. ROTR and TR2013 just feel like derivative AAA experiences. They're basically the modern Michael Bay movies of video games.

You haven't played any telltale games or latest Qunatic Dream games, obviously.
Telltale makes actual video games. They're good at what they do. They want to create games that are based on player-driven choices, and they succeeded.

These modern Tomb Raider games try to be survival games, shooters, platformers, puzzle games, etc. and none of it comes together at all. My interactivity with it is barely felt. I hardly feel like I'm being challenged, everything feels automated.

Vitor711

Tomb Raider (2013) - Tombs were just a single room with one puzzle.
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Tombs are just a single room with one puzzle. But there might be some platforming needed in order to reach out.

Seriously, everyone claiming them to be 'vastly' improved over the first is crazy.

I only say that its barely a video game because of its total lack of challenge. I'm on the seasoned raider difficulty and I haven't had any trouble at all. The only times I do die is when I fuck up a jump with the platforming or climbing, but those are few and far between.

I think it's absolute garbage that the tomb puzzles aren't simply integrated with the main story. They're side activities that force you get off the critical path. The result is a severe pacing problem and a lack of meaningful accomplishment (the tomb rewards are worthless.) Crystal Dynamics is still afraid to make an actual Tomb Raider game. They're so focused on making Uncharted, they push all original stuff into hidden side objectives. This game just feels...soulless.

I thought the TR2013 was also pretty terrible, but at least it had some actual focus. I heard that ROTR was a lot different, so I gave this a shot. Well, the main campaign is still boring crap, they just added a bunch of meaningless side stuff to pad out the overall experience. It's a real damn shame. Crystal Dynamics made some great Tomb Raider games in the past. ROTR and TR2013 just feel like derivative AAA experiences. They're basically the modern Michael Bay movies of video games.

Yeah I can see the challenge issue. I consider myself a casual gamer when it comes to difficulty (I play moat action games on Easy and still get my ass handed to me at times) but I'm playing this on normal and haven't had an ounce of tension or challenge

And I hate to make the Uncharted comparison again but this game invites it over and over again. When Among Thieves came out 7 years ago and had setpieces like the collapsing building, train, and truck convoy that marry the combat with the environment around you, there's little excuse for the big moments in ROTTR to be so uninspired

That would be fine if the game didn't focus on them but it seems to continuously expect you to be impressed

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Despite liking this game at first I'm really having troubles by now. I mean, I usallly like filler content and collectibles but CD took it too far this time. There are so many useless documents that do not contribute to the story at all, it's unbelieveable. The set pieces are miles behind the ones from last Tomb Raider. So far it mostly just have been boring shootouts. And to top it off Lara is as unlikeable as she could possible be. Her "I don't give shit about everything, I just want dat Devine Source." is annoying as fuck. Did they really think this was a good idea?

So yeah, to sum it up the game has so far been a combination of weird pacing and an uneventfull story with an unlikeable main character. CD absolutely has to rethink what they are doing with the series.

JayB1920

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Tombs are just a single room with one puzzle. But there might be some platforming needed in order to reach out.

Seriously, everyone claiming them to be 'vastly' improved over the first is crazy.

Well there are a few that are spread over 2-3 rooms and most require platforming and a few more steps to complete. The tombs are larger and the tomb atmosphere and asthetics are better too. There are more little areas to explore and sometimes traps too so they are a definitive improvement. They need to do much more though.

Harlequin

Despite liking this game at first I'm really having troubles by now. I mean, I usallly like filler content and collectibles but CD took it too far this time. There are so many useless documents that do not contribute to the story at all, it's unbelieveable. The set pieces are miles behind the ones from last Tomb Raider. So far it mostly just have been boring shootouts. And to top it off Lara is as unlikeable as she could possible be. Her "I don't give shit about everything, I just want dat Devine Source." is annoying as fuck. Did they really think this was a good idea?

I actually think they made (or rather tried to make) Lara far too likeable, what with her constantly asking if there's "anything I can do to help?" or always saying how much she understands where other people are coming from. Mary Sue-ish as hell. Lara Croft is supposed to be selfish, she's supposed to be a bit of an anti-hero. She's not supposed to be running around telling everyone she meets how much she sympathises with their situation, she's not supposed to be the kind of person you'd want to meet on the street or go out and have drinks with. That's not Lara Croft.

Ullus

Was about to ask if the gameplay gets a bit more varied later on, but reading the last couple of pages, I'm guessing not

Setsuna

Has anyone found a way to farm chromite ore?

Was about to ask if the gameplay gets a bit more varied later on, but reading the last couple of pages, I'm guessing not

Varied from what? you get a few more skills that aid in traversal and thats about it

jediyoshi

Well, all the single room ones are one room. The ones that take up more than one room are all in the same.. building? Or were they not tombs if they were in more than one room anymore?

Not really. Post-reboot "Tomb Raider" is a third-person shooter first, a collectathon second and a platforming and puzzle game third.

Until the final bits of the game there actually felt like there was very few shootouts. I would argue its at least 50/50 platforming/puzzle and shooting

Anyways just finished it up and uh.....yeah. The pacing near the end is all over the place, and the combat encounters aren't really fun. There was some cool puzzle solving stuff and one sequence that was actually really fun where you're finally able to string together lots of different moves and skills to get around, but then quickly it's over and back to shooting dudes.

The ending was hilariously bad even for a game like this and so was the *post credits* stinger. I still enjoyed the game overall but if I'm honest it's going to be tough to get me excited about the next game unless some big changes are made. I've had my fill of this version of TR, I think.

Harlequin

Until the final bits of the game there actually felt like there was very few shootouts. I would argue its at least 50/50 platforming/puzzle and shooting.

Well, I suppose it depends on how much time you spend exploring the hubs and how long it takes you to complete the optional tombs. (And, if you're referring specifically to shootouts, then I guess it also depends on how much stealth you used. But stealth still counts as combat as far as I'm concerned.) Even so, the platforming is as dumbed down and over-automatd as it's been in every Tomb Raider game since Legend. They improved some of the magnetic ledge stuff and the platforming controls themselves are much better than in LAU (although the environments still almost never let you put those improved controls to good use) but then they added bullshit like the auto-rope-swinging. Most of the puzzles in Rise were incredibly easy and short, as well. So even if it was more balanced out than I remember in terms of duration, in terms of quality, the combat would still be far ahead of the platforming and puzzles and, in a Tomb Raider game, it really should be the other way around. (Then again, a Tomb Raider game should have maybe 30% combat and 70% platforming and puzzles so there's that.)

Well, I suppose it depends on how much time you spend exploring the hubs and how long it takes you to complete the optional tombs. (And, if you're referring specifically to shootouts, then I guess it also depends on how much stealth you used. But stealth still counts as combat as far as I'm concerned.) Even so, the platforming is as dumbed down and over-automatd as it's been in every Tomb Raider game since Legend. They improved some of the magnetic ledge stuff and the platforming controls themselves are much better than in LAU (although the environments still almost never let you put those improved controls to good use) but then they added bullshit like the auto-rope-swinging. Most of the puzzles in Rise were incredibly easy and short, as well. So even if it was more balanced out than I remember in terms of duration, in terms of quality, the combat would still be far ahead of the platforming and puzzles and, in a Tomb Raider game, it really should be the other way around. (Then again, a Tomb Raider game should have maybe 30% combat and 70% platforming and puzzles so there's that.)

I can't say I have a lot of experience with the series outside of a brief foray into the ps1 games and then the new stuff, but I agree with the bolded.

Lime

Tried going back to the game today to take my mind off other things going on. It's still incredibly boring to play with no challenge whatsoever.

• Tombs are simple and more about pushing the stick forward and pushing some buttons than any real thinking.
  • I had to turn off the sound of my TV when the cutscenes were playing, because it was so aggravating to listen to the eye-rolling schlock and shitty acting.
  • Stealth doesn't really matter nor is combat difficult or mechanically challenging.
  • The constant dumb setpieces filled with explosions and helicopters make the entire gravitas of the game a complete joke.
I am dumbfounded that people considered this their GOTY or claimed that the game was a vast improvement from the previous game. The game hardly has any identity, it is surprisingly simple in its mechanics, its as superficial as Ubisoft's collect-a-thon, its narrative might be the worst I've witnessed since Star Ocean 4, and the combat and tombs could be taken out of the game and the game would still remain the same bland AAA experience. I'm glad I got the game gifted, but then again I should've known to expect the same dumb cynical AAA stuff from last game instead of believing people's uncritical positive impressions.

Playsage

Opening thread for the first time and reading stuff like this... Really worries me. Does the game actually have improvements over the first one that thay aren't platforming and visuals?
I was hoping to see/hear about some real improvements but I keep hearing about the same flaws.

Good to see I'm not crazy

Opening thread for the first time and reading stuff like this... Really worries me. Does the game actually have improvements over the first one that thay aren't platforming and visuals?
I was hoping to see/hear about some real improvements but I keep hearing about the same flaws.

It's very much the same DNA in a more varied and visually pleasing environment. If you were tepid on the last game this will only drive the stake in further

Tried going back to the game today to take my mind off other things going on. It's still incredibly boring to play with no challenge whatsoever.

• Tombs are simple and more about pushing the stick forward and pushing some buttons than any real thinking.
  • I had to turn off the sound of my TV when the cutscenes were playing, because it was so aggravating to listen to the eye-rolling schlock and shitty acting.
  • Stealth doesn't really matter nor is combat difficult or mechanically challenging.
  • The constant dumb setpieces filled with explosions and helicopters make the entire gravitas of the game a complete joke.
I am dumbfounded that people considered this their GOTY or claimed that the game was a vast improvement from the previous game. The game hardly has any identity, it is surprisingly simple in its mechanics, its as superficial as Ubisoft's collect-a-thon, its narrative might be the worst I've witnessed since Star Ocean 4, and the combat and tombs could be taken out of the game and the game would still remain the same bland AAA experience. I'm glad I got the game gifted, but then again I should've known to expect the same dumb cynical AAA stuff from last game instead of believing people's uncritical positive impressions.

You have to now understand that there is now a new fanbase for this type of Tomb Raider. All the points you just made are essentially a positive for those who enjoy that kind of thing and I won't berate them for it. More than often, I just wish that the original CORE devs would just launch a kickstarter for a revival of the survival-platforming title once again.

Thank you, I put the game down after 2 hours and haven't returned.
No challenge or skill involved. Awful weapon/gunplay. Same old shit as the last one.
Great graphics, sound and music is cool, atmospheric etc. But nothing else going for it at all. This is just a press Q and press E simulator... jeezus

People want easy games these days. Hand holding, waypoints, maps with all checkpoints on them. You name it. There is nothing inherently wrong with that except the players themselves typically don't flat out tell you that and neither do reviewers of the game. People just want to feel powerful in games without any type of skill requirement or learning curve.

I'm also glad it was free from NVIDIA bundle, I would have never bought this.

McHuj

Just finished the game. It was good, but not great.

I found the collectathon to be really boring and tiring. The combat and traversal was fun, but torwards the end of the game I kind of got tired of both. Story was just awful. I could not watch the last couple of cutscenes.

The graphics were better but I didn't care for two of the main hubs. Soviet Installation and Geothermal valley both looked ugly to me for reasons I can't figure out.

JayB1920

Well there are more tombs and puzzles in the main story and more optional tombs. They are all a step in the right direction. There are a few puzzles that are spread over 2-3 rooms and most require platforming and a more steps to complete than any in reboot. The tombs are larger too. Each has its own history and small areas to explore and some have traps. The biggest improvement is they look and feel like tombs and give a sense of awe.

The graphics were better but I didn't care for two of the main hubs. Soviet Installation and Geothermal valley both looked ugly to me for reasons I can't figure out.

Geothermal was okay, the Soviet Installation just doesn't make sense for a game like Tomb Raider, why make that your first big hub. The third hub(well- semi hub, don't really wanna outright spoil it) should have been the other hub.

Also the Tombs are infinitely better in this one compared to the first game because they actually visually resemble something impressive and worthwhile exploring. The frozen ship and the voice of God tomb are probably the most visually striking places in the game until the last area.

Geothermal was okay, the Soviet Installation just doesn't make sense for a game like Tomb Raider, why make that your first big hub. The third hub(well- semi hub, don't really wanna outright spoil it) should have been the other hub.

Also the Tombs in this one are infinitely better in this one compared to the first game because they actually visually resemble something impressive and worthwhile exploring. The frozen ship and the voice of God tomb are probably the most visually striking places in the game until the last area.

Yup. Looooved the Frozen ship one, I wish it was bigger. All the ice areas in the game were gorgeous

Vitor711

Well, all the single room ones are one room. The ones that take up more than one room are all in the same.. building? Or were they not tombs if they were in more than one room anymore?

There are like 2 or 3 tombs that take place in something resembling a building - by far the best ones too.

But when the other 6 are barely improved from the first game, it's a little disappointing. I actually liked them in the reboot but, after hearing so many people talk a big game about the 'massive improvements', I guess I had my expectations set too high.

JayB1920

There are like 2 or 3 tombs that take place in something resembling a building - by far the best ones too.

But when the other 6 are barely improved from the first game, it's a little disappointing. I actually liked them in the reboot but, after hearing so many people talk a big game about the 'massive improvements', I guess I had my expectations set too high.

Cistern, baths of kitezh and, pits of judgement were my favorites. They were larger scale, used the space well, and actually took time and multiple steps to get through. Cistern and baths also separated puzzle elements into separate rooms which was nice. Red mine and voice of god were ok. Ice ship, house of the afflicted, catacombs of sacred water and chamber of exorcism were all too small and short in comparison.

I have a lot of issues with this game, but... you're saying that because this game is easy, it's "barely a video game"?

So I guess that Journey is barely a video game too? What about Gone Home? Heck, in some Kirby games, it's completely impossible to die. Are those "barely" video games?

KingKong

I have a lot of issues with this game, but... you're saying that because this game is easy, it's "barely a video game"?

So I guess that Journey is barely a video game too? What about Gone Home? Heck, in some Kirby games, it's completely impossible to die. Are those "barely" video games?

if I get what he's saying, those games are designed to be unique experiences so it doesnt matter that the 'gameplay' isnt really there

this game is designed to be 'played', as in you solve challenges and traverse the environment and press the buttons at the right time, except that its so easy and brainless that it might as well be cutscenes

GnawtyDog

Banned

Damn I was called condescending but I didn't go as deep as you did. Then again I measured myself given my username. Some posters are usually on edge. I did call the story garbage...I guess it evens out on the adjectives.

cameron

The bolded is very similar to my thoughts about the game. The free roaming exploration areas and some of the tombs were the high points. The visuals in terms of tech wasn't consistently impressive, but the main hooks for me in these areas were the art direction and how well the levels were designed. In TLOU, the desire to explore areas was driven by the need for supplies and possible story triggers. With RotTR, I genuinely enjoyed running/jumping around to explore areas for absolutely no reason. I prefer this type of level design over typical open world games.

In contrast, the cinematic "high-octane" set-pieces were boring and forgettable. I felt the same way with the set-pieces in TR2013. It's weird how these scripted moments were tightly designed to be entertaining but I had more fun in the free roaming areas where nothing was happening and it was up to player to entertain themselves. I can vividly recall various set-pieces from GoW and Uncharted, but can't remember any from TR2013. A month from now, I'll probably forget the moments in Rise.

The combat hasn't improved in terms of encounter design. Again, there's nothing memorable here. Basically press a for awesome in the combat sense. Stealth was wasted potential. On the highest difficulty, I'm still just steamrolling through enemies. As with TR2013, everyone froths about how amazing the bow is, but it's not fun when the targets are fodder. In Gears of War, the torque bow feels great to shoot, but it's only satisfying when the targets are capable enemies like the Theron Guards. I can easily have detailed discussions about my favorite combat encounters in shooters like Gears, Max Payne 3, TLOU, and Uncharted. I would reload chapters or checkpoints to play sections over and over again. Can't say the same for TR. It's a bummer because all the mechanics are in place for something great and it feels like the devs are intentionally holding back.

The only challenging part is sitting through the cutscenes. Decent dialogue and appealing characters can make up for a mediocre video game story, but RotTR really struggles with every attribute involving narrative. There's no talent here. My apologies to the Lara waifu protection force, but Camilla's voice acting is awful and sounds worse than TR2013 (might be just the same). Two years later and no improvement. She simply can't act and her fake accent is an unbearable mess. It's atrocious and distracting. This is a cinematic story driven AAA western game in 2015/2016; there's no excuse for the protagonist and the supporting cast to be this bad. Nerfed gameplay design decisions for mass appeal I can understand. This I don't. And I don't expect any improvement in this department for the next game with all the praise the current two games get from best story, character, and acting performance award nominations. If it's not blind praise, it's the hand-wavy tired defense of "It's just a video game. What do you expect?" I expect it to not suck this bad.

I wouldn't recommend it at full price. But obviously parts of the game (combat & setpieces) weren't designed to appeal to me. Anyone who enjoyed TR2013 would probably enjoy the RotTR. There are some posts in this thread that suggest otherwise, but they seem to be in the minority.

The only challenging part is sitting through the cutscenes. Decent dialogue and appealing characters can make up for a mediocre video game story, but RotTR really struggles with every attribute involving narrative. There's no talent here. My apologies to the Lara waifu protection force, but Camilla's voice acting is awful and sounds worse than TR2013 (might be just the same). Two years later and no improvement. She simply can't act and her fake accent is an unbearable mess. It's atrocious and distracting. This is a cinematic story driven AAA western game in 2015/2016; there's no excuse for the protagonist and the supporting cast to be this bad. Nerfed gameplay design decisions for mass appeal I can understand. This I don't. And I don't expect any improvement in this department for the next game with all the praise the current two games get from best story, character, and acting performance award nominations. If it's not blind praise, it's the hand-wavy tired defense of "It's just a video game. What do you expect?" I expect it to not suck this bad.
It's pretty much the same performance, but yeah her overacting is incredible, can't believe that no one at CD pointed that out to her, and this is a company that made Legacy of Kain, a game with some of the best voice acting in the video game industry.

But also, what? I haven't seen a single award for RoTR's story, let alone characters.
I guess some people are not as critical, since most action games have pretty shitty stories nowadays. Uncharted is an exception, and even then mostly due to its characters not so much the overall plot. Infamous: Second Son is even more cringy than RoTR, Max Payne 3 is overwrought to hell and back, and Gears is a Cliffyb ass game to the max.

NeoRaider

ROTTR won Writers Guild Award for "Outstanding Achievement in Video Game Writing"

CbJWH_MVAAAV35E.jpg

Congrats to CD and the writing team.

Relativ9

ROTTR won Writers Guild Award for "Outstanding Achievement in Video Game Writing"

CbJWH_MVAAAV35E.jpg

Congrats to CD and the writing team.

Huh, would not have expected that. Just now played a few hours yesterday, but the writing seemed a bit forced. Still early on of course, but the scene where she gets attacked in the mansion with Jonah there was particularly bad.

Top Bottom