• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

PaulLFC

Spent too much time checking Amazon UK's lightning deals while waiting for my PS4, turns out they were selling a Yamaha Pacifica 012 and Rocksmith 2014 (with cable) today. I just bought them both, couldn't resist at those prices!

Always wanted to try Rocksmith but never really knew where to start in terms of what guitar to buy and how much to spend on one. Got some advice that the Yamahas are fine for complete beginners like me who won't be playing seriously any time soon, so I picked it up along with the game.

Does the game need an amp, or is that just if you want to play the guitar properly by itself? I'll look into buying one separately.

All this will be put away for a few weeks since the guitar is going to be a Christmas present and I'll pay for the game myself - can't wait
3AQmK.gif

PaulLFC

Nope, game does not need an amp. Just if you want to rock out without the game.
Okay, thanks! I'll only be using it with the game until I can play a bit since I've never played before, so maybe once I get a bit competent at playing I'll look into getting an amp.

Alric

Is the guitar that comes in the bundle worth it or is there a guitar of relative price that would be a far better investment for down the road?

Enron

Banned
Guys - I remember some complaining about Rocksmith on PC earlier in this thread...is it still borked? I'd rather have this on PC than a console......

R1CHO

Guys - I remember some complaining about Rocksmith on PC earlier in this thread...is it still borked? I'd rather have this on PC than a console......

It's ok, but you can get some problems.

For example you have to set the level of the recording device every time you launch the game, that's a minor annoyance.

Other people have bigger problems according to the steam forums, some compatibility problem or stuff like that, is a minority though.

I don't know man, I am happy with the PC version even if I have a weird problem myself (with original rocksmith too) the game takes a lot of time for the initial startup, it has to be a software problem, but I can't find the answer.

Just buy it in your favorite gaming device.

Vintage

It's ok, but you can get some problems.

For example you have to set the level of the recording device every time you launch the game, that's a minor annoyance.

What? I don't have to do anything, everything works fine for me. Heard about some people having problems, but the game was absolutely bug-free for me so far.

elfinke

What? I don't have to do anything, everything works fine for me. Heard about some people having problems, but the game was absolutely bug-free for me so far.

Yep, I'll throw my voice into the chorus of those who have had a completely trouble free PC experience. No volume adjusting, no uplay hang ups, nothing.

Best 'gaming' purchase I've made in ages.

maouvin

Yep, I'll throw my voice into the chorus of those who have had a completely trouble free PC experience. No volume adjusting, no uplay hang ups, nothing.

Best 'gaming' purchase I've made in ages.

Your recording device level doesn't drop to 17 (seems to be a common value for this issue) when the game boots? Or it does drop, but with no issues when playing?

Xyber

I'm pretty sure all games make the recording volume go down to 17 in the PC version, don't know about Mac. For some guitars this might work good too, but for me and many other the game struggles to hear the high E string properly when it's that low. It can still work, it's mostly the tuner that is the hard part to get past because you can't keep a loud enough tone for it to tune.

Shadybiz

Perfectly fine for me..if you have a sound card, you might have some distortion issues. Switching to onboard sound alleviated this for me, and seems to work for most others, as well.

Enron

Banned
Perfectly fine for me..if you have a sound card, you might have some distortion issues. Switching to onboard sound alleviated this for me, and seems to work for most others, as well.

Switching to onboard sound is not an option, and Im not real keen on having to set recording device levels each time. I guess i'll just get it for ps3. Thanks all.

andycapp

Neo Member
I have almost £50 worth of DLC in my basket but just holding off to see if it gets any cheaper before the last day of the sale.

Xyber

I have almost £50 worth of DLC in my basket but just holding off to see if it gets any cheaper before the last day of the sale.

It won't get any cheaper than it is at the moment. A flash sale is the lowest price the game and DLC for it will go. If it's a daily later on it will still be this price.

R1CHO

It won't get any cheaper than it is at the moment. A flash sale is the lowest price the game and DLC for it will go. If it's a daily later on it will still be this price.

Yeah, but the flash is just for Rocksmith 2014, not the original, it already had that discount.

Anyway, i also think that we are not going to see it go lower than the current 50%

jon_dojah

Banned
Finally got import tool and about $175 in packs and individual songs. I tried buying all the same songs the day 2014 came out but wasn't able to because not owning the original. So glad it worked out that way because everything added up to around $240 last time so I saved around $60 by waiting until Steam sale!!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Just to make sure I understand this. There is no way you can play this game unless you've got the real tone cable?

R1CHO

Just to make sure I understand this. There is no way you can play this game unless you've got the real tone cable?

Short answer no.

Long I think there are ways to play it with another cable, not the official one, changing the name of the device or something along those lines. Not sure about the process, I just have the real cable.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Short answer no.

Long I think there are ways to play it with another cable, not the official one, changing the name of the device or something along those lines. Not sure about the process, I just have the real cable.

Okay. Thanks.

So it seems there's not point getting the recently discounted Steam version because a real tone cable on its own in the UK is around £25. I'm better of buying the boxed that includes the cable online somewhere.

Xyber

Cool, not really a fan of The Who myself so I'm probably gonna pass this week. My wallet will appreciate that as well.

elfinke

Your recording device level doesn't drop to 17 (seems to be a common value for this issue) when the game boots? Or it does drop, but with no issues when playing?

I haven't been able to pick up the guitar in the last little while (holidays, work and sport-related finger injury slowed me down), but I'll check the sound levels next time I'm near the PC and and let you know!

No, the mega packs being gone makes sense.

I meant the things like the 3 track "80s classic rock pack" and whatnot.
I guess those are also time limited as well?

Mixed artist releases are never packs, only artist centric releases can have the pack discount applied unfortunately

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, here's another random question - if I buy the disc import tool, do I need to redownload the original Rocksmith or does it do it all automatically?

Oh, here's another random question - if I buy the disc import tool, do I need to redownload the original Rocksmith or does it do it all automatically?

If you can purchase RS1 DLC then I don't think you have to. I think it just needs to know you owned it.

---

The Who Song Pack – $11.99

The Who “Baba O’Riley” (E Standard: A454)
The Who “Behind Blue Eyes” (E Standard: A447)
The Who “Who Are You”
The Who “Pinball Wizard”
The Who “The Seeker”

Custom DLC toolkit has been released, and the first few custom DLCs are ready for download!!!

Can´t wait to get some guns´n´roses going in there.

Top Bottom