• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Xyber

Managed to pull this off yesterday, on sightread, I may add

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTvSEVkZkn8

Aw, blocked for me in Sweden. =/

Got a video of Basket Case, American Idiot is up in a couple of minutes. Both we're pretty simple, got a good first run recorded for both of them. Gonna try the last one and the B'z songs tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqbd-Ch02U

American Idiot is up, HD is taking forever to appear though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm25smT9nTI

Katyusha

Aw, blocked for me in Sweden. =/

Got a video of Basket Case, American Idiot is up in a couple of minutes. Both we're pretty simple, got a good first run recorded for both of them. Gonna try the last one and the B'z songs tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqbd-Ch02U

American Idiot is up, HD is taking forever to appear though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm25smT9nTI

Basket Case is one I'm actually quite excited for. The bass part is awesome, and the song is just super catchy overall.

Also, nice job as always, Xyber

I am. Well I used the first one anyway. Started shortly after the PAL release. I'm definitely over the beginner hump and will be starting 2014 in either Intermediate or Advanced depending on how it scales difficulty. Rocksmith motivated me in a way that learning off the internet and attempting to play tabs could never have done. I took the training wheels off quite a while ago (fret numbering stickers on my guitar) and can now zip around the fret board without thinking. Chords are still the bane of my existence, fast chord changing is taking me a long time to get right.
Me too...It seems like I'll never be able to get bar chords and even switching between an f and d chord is challenging. I can only play easy songs like hey they Delia but I can see there potential in rock smith. Does this game teach u theory as we'll like how to form your own chords? Everytime I here John Mayer singing and playing "free falling" or "SOS" I get both inspired and dissapointed lol.

Shadybiz

Managed to pull this off yesterday, on sightread, I may add

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTvSEVkZkn8

Impressive!

Xyber, you continue to impress as well!

I actually like Green Day (haven't heard the brand new stuff, though). Basket Case is cool of course. I thought it would have been nice to see something off of 21st Century Breakdown. Maybe 21 guns. or one of my favorites from that one, East Jesus Nowhere. Just a catchy riff, really. Jesus of Suburbia from American Idiot might have been a good choice too, but the song in its entirety is kinda long.

Onemic

I know what you mean. I was deep into Rock Band back when that was around, and the amount of hype they'd bring some weeks for a new artist was almost always a huge letdown. I've just become accustomed to the fact that the bands I think are huge and would really want in the game are not the same bands they think are big gets.

Oh shit, weren't you in the Rockband OT back in the day with BBG, TheGreatDave, Costanaza, and the rest before the great purge?

Gustav

Banned
Never.

Thanks Axl.

image.php

rvy

Banned
Good thing BandFuse is coming out, maybe Ubi will step their game up in terms of licensing. They got Slash and shit.
I wonder why Ubisoft never got anything Slash related into Rocksmith.

I'm not sure how accurate the claims of no input lag are, and the game looks as low budget as can be in terms of UI and whatever, but they got a lot of good stuff as far as licensing goes.

Edit, shit I guess it comes out today even. I'm in EU, so whatever, but if any of you guys manage to grab a copy give us some impressions.

littleornothin

Neo Member
Any word on a patch? Hate it when difficult level get reset all the time. And sometimes sound levels are all over the place. Usually works to pause and unpause though..

Any word on a patch? Hate it when difficult level get reset all the time. And sometimes sound levels are all over the place. Usually works to pause and unpause though..

I'll assume you're on console since Steam got a patch that fixed the difficulty levels recently... The patch is going through approvals with ms/sony

Xyber

Well Creep is probably a given then, pretty much the only song I've really heard from them though. I like that one, so that's a purchase for me at least.

Ugh, if only the songs were cheaper. :p

What are you guys using for capturing game play? I have a few songs I've mastered I'd like to do videos of (PC).

Also, @ the Sabbath DLC. That would be fucking awesome. Someone make it happen...lol.

Xyber

There has been a "Black Sabbath Pack" before though, it was for Guitar Hero 5. It's possible!

If anything it would be more likely that Rocksmith would get it than a GH game since you don't need the masters. So hopefully it's just a matter of time.

What are you guys using for capturing game play? I have a few songs I've mastered I'd like to do videos of (PC).

Also, @ the Sabbath DLC. That would be fucking awesome. Someone make it happen...lol.

Bandicam is free and should get the job done, it's probably the easiest thing to use. You will get a watermark on the video but it won't be in the way of anything other than the progress bar up top.

I'm using Dxtory (which is considered to be one of the best recording software out now) myself and it's great, free version of that got a really big watermark and is nothing I would recommend unless you pay for it.

To record the game and have audio exclusivity (for minimal audio lag in-game) on you need to set the recording software to record your Stereo Mix output and not Speaker. Stereo mix might need to be enabled under recording devices in Windows before you can use that.

If you are having any trouble I'd be happy to help you out.

If anything it would be more likely that Rocksmith would get it than a GH game since you don't need the masters. So hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Bandicam is free and should get the job done, it's probably the easiest thing to use. You will get a watermark on the video but it won't be in the way of anything other than the progress bar up top.

I'm using Dxtory (which is considered to be one of the best recording software out now) myself and it's great, free version of that got a really big watermark and is nothing I would recommend unless you pay for it.

To record the game and have audio exclusivity (for minimal audio lag in-game) on you need to set the recording software to record your Stereo Mix output and not Speaker. Stereo mix might need to be enabled under recording devices in Windows before you can use that.

If you are having any trouble I'd be happy to help you out.

Thanks. I'm going to try this out in the not too distant future.

Top Bottom