• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

lol seriously Capcom has been getting hate for every fighting game they released since SFxT.

A company with a long history of multiple series in the genre shouldn't be struggling this badly. Not when they use to have SF, MvC, SFvXmen, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools/Project Justice, Power Stone, JJBA, etc

dat roster had me like
Xgqde.gif

Merc_

People ok with this anemic ass roster in the hopes DLC will solve the problem is baffling

You would think the idea of having to pay extra to actually get some decent new characters would piss off more people. Could you imagine what the thread would look like if Nintendo pulled this sort of shit with Smash?

Like I can understand not being able to show up MVC3 (That roster was pretty amazing all things considered for the time). But I wouldn't have expected them falling back this far.

Sad thing is, this really doesn't surprise me, which just makes me more sad.

Nobody from Ace Attorney and Ms. Marvel is MIA. Basically what I was looking forward to the most lol.

Jedah's cool but damn man.

Ms. Marvel is Captain Marvel in this list.

You would think the idea of having to pay extra to actually get some decent new characters would piss off more people. Could you imagine what the thread would look like if Nintendo pulled this sort of shit with Smash?

Honestly? I'm sure even less people would be outraged.

Nintendo re-released a 3 year old game for $60 with 4 new characters and people are calling it GOTY

Vic_Viper

No Daredevil or Iron Fist? Only MCU characters? Kinda disappointing imo. Will this be the smallest roster of iconic characters ever lol?

Plus what about the supposed X-Men characters as the first DLC?

Nintendo re-released a 3 year old game for $60 with 4 new characters and people are calling it GOTY

Not sure how that's relevant or the same thing. Ports of games are released all the time. People understand they're ports and don't judge them by the standards of new games. It's not like Nintendo called in Mario Kart 9

Neoxon

No Daredevil or Iron Fist? Only MCU characters? Kinda disappointing imo. Will this be the smallest roster of iconic characters ever lol?

Plus what about the supposed X-Men characters as the first DLC?
The current rumor is no Fox DLC until at least 2018.

Because it is a game that is considered the best in it's series, is overflowing with content as it was when it launched on the WiiU, and had more than 4 new characters added to it. This isn't the same thing. This is looking like another barebones release by Capcom that they will have you pay another $60+ dollars to fill with about as much content as the previous release in the series.

Edit:

Could be talking about Kamala which would have been great.

Probably talking about the current Ms. Marvel, Kamala Khan.

Had no idea who this is and decided to look her up...she would have been awesome, what a ball drop.

Birkin would have been a cool replacement for Nemesis to change things up but no other RE complaints for me (except Jack Baker DLC plox). Wesker is kinda tired character at this point and Nemesis is better than having 2 or more humans.

i'm starting to think this roster is safe because of SFV and obviously the Mutant ban. But more because of SFV, for me its fine as i know gameplay is going to be fire. Let's see what Capcom does with DLC thats the make or break for this game imo, if its anything like SFV then were fucked with updates.

I agree with this. The roster is definitely the safest possible to maximize sells with a small roster. Big names from the major franchises they could use. It has a story from the get go too. I don't agree with the SFV updates though. Other companies struggle to get new characters out but Capcom gets at least 6 out yearly so far, with other stuff too stages and gameplay balance. Hope the netcode, servers and loading is better than SFV though.

They arent even gonna do Fight Money from what we know so far either. Which is bad for consumers but fuck em all people did was complain how they couldn't get everything with it.

Vic_Viper

The current rumor is no Fox DLC until at least 2018.

Damn lol, thats pretty disappointing. I mean I dont need the X-Men characters aside form Wolverine, but Id still like to see some of the other Marvel characters not owned by Fox like Daredevil and Iron Fist especially!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

People already expected for the worst with Smash for Switch tho.

OptimusLime

If true, this is what "games as a service" gets us. Pure shite day 1, relentless unlocks via in-game currency or real money transactions for actual decent characters. Oh, and dont forget the season pass for levels, and character seasons. Get ready to pony up, $150 game incoming.

No Phoenix Wright (or any Ace Attorney representation) means this is an automatic pass for me.

I seriously cannot believe he's not there. It's one of the, like, 3 franchises Capcom bothers to release new games for.

I agree with this. The roster is definitely the safest possible to maximize sells with a small roster. Big names from the major franchises they could use. It has a story from the get go too. I don't agree with the SFV updates though. Other companies struggle to get new characters out but Capcom gets at least 6 out yearly so far, with other stuff too stages and gameplay balance. Hope the netcode, servers and loading is better than SFV though.

I hope they hire more than one guy to write the code for network this time. Maybe take some paid lesson from NRS on how to implement good netcode. IJ2 has the best netcode ever put for a fighting game imo. Boon and his people are doing some tremendous work over at NRS.

Neoxon

If true, this is what "games as a service" gets us. Pure shite day 1, relentless unlocks via in-game currency or real money transactions for actual decent characters. Oh, and dont forget the season pass for levels and character seasons. Get ready to pony up, $150 game incoming.
There's no Fight Money this time, sadly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If true, this is what "games as a service" gets us. Pure shite day 1, relentless unlocks via in-game currency or real money transactions for actual decent characters. Oh, and dont forget the season pass for levels and character seasons. Get ready to pony up, $150 game incoming.

This is less games as a service and more of just a tiny budget and some deference to the MCU. Also, MvC:I has no in-game currency.

Just wanted to be sure in the midst of all of this - did Ryce or Saikyo indicate anywhere that this was the full (base) roster? No missing of perspective here?

I mean, I only play Marvel side anyway and it's fine but just wanted to be sure.

Order

Firebrand but no Vergil

Nova but no Black Panther

Jedah and MonHun are the only interesting things about this roster.

I hope they hire more than one guy to write the code for network this time. Maybe take some paid lesson from NRS on how to implement good netcode. IJ2 has the best netcode ever put for a fighting game imo. Boon and his people are doing some tremendous work over at NRS.

SF2 Switch seems to have good netcode from what ive seen so far. So get whoever did that. Capcom is poverty they just use outsource companies now from the looks of it. NRS has actual money.

Kinsei

Banned
You know what really sucks about all this if it's true? We won't get to see the DLC characters (Outside of Sigma) interacting with the others in story mode.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Just wanted to be sure in the midst of all of this - did Ryce or Saikyo indicate anywhere that this was the full (base) roster? No missing of perspective here?

I mean, I only play Marvel side anyway and it's fine but just wanted to be sure.

Yeah that's full initial roster

Black Panther, Venom and Sigma as DLC so far

Numb

Firebrand but no Vergil

Nova but no Black Panther

Jedah and MonHun are the only interesting things about this roster.
They looked at Dahbomb and removed Vergil

I'll be running MonHunXjedah till Asura,Black Panther and Kamala drop

Grimsen

Outside of Jedah, this roster is pure garbage. Bringing back too many lame mvc3 characters, and not nearly enough new ones.

This series was better when it had more X-Men and SF characters, which is sad, considering what Capcom can pilfer from.

I'm wondering if the reason the leaker gave the go ahead to leak the full roster is to try and force Capcom's hand to beef up the starting lineup.

leroidys

Low number aside, I'm actually fairly happy with the Capcom side (which is the only reason I play these games).

Hoping for some Warzard, Breath of Fire, and Rival Schools as DLC though.

Top Bottom