• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

Having no Vergil or Wesker makes sense looking at that roster and trying to make it more varied but they could definately have done more like replacing Chris with Jill for example.

HardRojo

I'm wondering if the reason the leaker gave the go ahead to leak the full roster is to try and force Capcom's hand to beef up the starting lineup.

Game's coming out in August, there's no way they can do that.

Well shit, all that is left is to wait till E3 to see what else they offer and maybe decide if I'll truly get it on day 1.

I'm wondering if the reason the leaker gave the go ahead to leak the full roster is to try and force Capcom's hand to beef up the starting lineup.
What will happen is that it will kill the series for good this time. Which is too bad because the gameplay footage looks really fun imo.

Canucked

Honestly shocked Squirrel Girl isn't there.

She's getting a show.
She has a moderately successful book.
They took away her mutant status.

I'm just stunned that they basically took MVC3's roster, cut it in half, gutted all the X-Men, FF, and all the actually interesting Capcom characters, and replaced them a newcomer count smaller than the original Street Fighter II cast. Only two of which actually throw a new series into the mix. For a sequel releasing 6 years later, that is an absolutely pathetic showing.

Edit - No, seriously. Even aside from my personal sadness over no Ammy or Joe or hell, even Hayato, I still haven't let it sink in that of all veterans, Firebrand and Nemesis got in over Phoenix Goddamn Wright. Huh?????

No Phoenix Wright, no Ammy, no Viewtiful Joe. Incredibly boring newcomers overall, and saying nothing about the small size of the roster especially considering how many assets look like they have been pulled directly from MvC3.

Almost laughably bad if true.

Okay, let's have a moment to talk about something other than crying about characters. (And no thats not a stab to anyone... I'm crying too. My whole team is gone. Ammy/Modok/Trish)

I want to know one thing and one thing only if you or Ryce can tell me it.

Does this game has 4 player tag (2v2)??

P.S(Im that guy whose going to say im happy that characters like Vergil, Wesker, Doom, and Sentinel arent coming back)

Honestly shocked Squirrel Girl isn't there.

She's getting a show.
She has a moderately successful book.
They took away her mutant status.
Seems like the slot is just too limited. Only 14 slot for marvel characters. There's other more important and obvious missing character before Squirell Girl. Black Panther and Kamala Khan for example.

Velcro Fly

Marvel probably wants a focus on the MCU characters. It is like the same thing in the Lego games now too.

But the Capcom side being sort of lackluster there is no excuse.

vg260

I'm mostly disappointed in the roster size given the lackluster visual style and returning characters. A lot of cuts and potential wishlist characters seem much more unlikely to ever come now. Venom's a given it seems as DLC, but that means an old school Spidey villain has far less chance. Doc Ock getting scrapped from UMvC3 stings more now.

Numb

I hope Monster Hunter means narca armour set using bow

-font-b-MONSTER-b-font-font-b-HUNTER-b-font-online-fantasy-hunting-fighting-anime.jpg

Hawkeye is trash

Giga Man

If this is true, I just got traded Mega Man X for every single one of my favorite Capcom characters from MvC3, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Tron Bonne, Lei-Lei, and Mike Haggar. Feels bad, man.

Maybe I'll just run X and Hulk if I decide to go through with my pre-order.

vg260

I really wish they just took this concept with the Infnity gems and 2vs2 and made it into Marvel Super Heroes 2. Then once they had more characters, port them into an MvC4 with the standard 3v3+assist.

OptimusLime

I think this list shows how astonishingly boring the MCU cast is in contrast to the Marvel universe.

Yes, reminds me of how Civil War in the MCU was a handful of Marvel characters running at each other in slo-mo, meanwhile in the comics it was a huge event affecting nearly every major and B level character.

Pompadour

Nemesis over Wesker? What the fuck?

The only character from UMvC3 remaining that I spent any time at all playing is Arthur. They literally got rid of everyone else.

This list is supremely disappointing if true. No Iron Fist would make zero sense. What's the reason everyone seems to be taking this as 100% truthfacts?

The guy who part of the first way of leaks confirming mvci was a thing, who's had details up the big upcoming reveals and events before they were officially announced, just dropped the full roster 2 weeks before e3 where we probably were going to see most/all of the roster.

As a life long MVC fan who hasn't really cared much for NRS games in the past, it pains me that I don't think there's any chance this is going to be a better fighter than Injustice 2.

branny

Really disappointing to not even see Scarlet Witch or Black Widow in the base roster. Half the characters, no X-Men, and so many other favorites out the window. I'm gonna feel so gross buying this Day 1.

Supast4r

What?

So was Nemesis in 3 teasing something for the next RE game too?

Your hypothesis is random ass pulling and baseless.
Just because you don't like the roster, doesn't mean that get to be an asshole to me for no reason. If you don't like what I say then don't respond.

Top Bottom